Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Boxing and MMA Forum Random Comments 2015

King

Guest John Hancock
Is that the new version? I can't remember now, but a list that looked just like that came out, which was the original motion, which passed, but a load of stuff on it was changed regarding specific lengths of time and specific fines and stuff, so I'm not sure which is the original, and which is the updated version.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest John Hancock
Ah, yeah, that must be the new one then. I wonder if anyone's going to have the balls to make a fuss about this like MMA fighters like making a Twitter fuss about everything else.

Guest The Beltster

If any of them complain, its pretty much them indicting themselves as drug users of some kind, so its probably best they privately stew about it if they dont like it.

Wanderlei Silva would have been best off taking that advice.

Edited by The Beltster

Guest bigmatt
GGG vs. Willie Monroe Jr. is a fun fight if you haven't seen it. Well worth a watch. Román González was supposed to be super impressive on that undercard too but I haven't caught that yet.

Guest John Hancock

Fedor Emelianenko's brother Aleksander, who bought in PRIDE a few times himself, has been sentenced to four and a half years in prison for sexual assault in Russia. He also looks like this now;

aleksander-emelianenko-court.jpg?w=1000

Guest John Hancock

The UFC have announced their Hall of Fame class of 2015. There's going to be a bit of a change going forward in that there's now categories (pre-2000 fighters, post-2000 fighter, non-fighters and specific fights), with the plan to open a UFC Hall of Fame museum in Las Vegas in the near future. This year's inductees are;

Jeff Blatnick (Contributor) - The UFC's commentator between 1995 and 2001, company commissioner between 1998 and 2001, the man responsible for getting athletic commissions to recognise MMA and, arguably, one of the men who created the term MMA itself. He was also a gold-medal winning wrestler in the Olympics and a judge with the New Jersey Athletic Commission until his death in 2012.

Matt Hughes vs. Frank Trigg II (Fight) - One of the semi-main events of UFC 52 for the Welterweight Title, Dana White has said in the past that it's his favourite fight he's ever seen in the history of combat sports.

Inductees for the two fighter categories will be announced this weekend.

Guest John Hancock

Me too, should be fun.

In keeping with the Hall of Fame news, the next inductee is my all time favourite combat athlete, El Guapo himself, Bas Rutten. Undefeated UFC Heavyweight Champion, undefeated King of Pancrase, former Pride commentator, identified as the second longest reigning lineal champion in MMA history, he retired in 2006 with a 14-2 kickboxing records, a 28-4-1 MMA record, and six separate black belts.

You all know the words;

Guest bigmatt
The De Gale fight tonight should be a cracker.

I'd forgotten that was tonight.

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/83192000/jpg/_83192744_83192735.jpg

What about Makdessi's jaw getting getting broken by Cowboy's head kick? Damn!

Jon Jones, wherever you are, know that right now DC is holding your belt and his junk at the same time and getting very excited about the fact that you can't do a damn thing about it. You might have beaten him but through your own stupid actions, he has won the war in the end.

Also are there anymore old Brazilian legends around for Weidman to beat?

Guest The Beltster

DC calling out Jones made me laugh because we all know, DC included, that he wants no more of that! Jones whipped his ass last time, it would be no different in the future.

I feel bad for Rumble because I reckon he'd have knocked Jones out.

Guest bigmatt
Travis Browne and Andrei Arlovski were a God-send for a fan of the big guys who was worried if he was going to be able to stay awake through 6:00am or whatever it was.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bigmatt
Deontay Wilder. Put on queer street and made to struggle and look crude by his hand-picked patsy. Dear God (or WBC, I suppose), please let Deontay have another voluntary defence, this time against old man Tony Thompson. It would be so beautiful.

From the Wrestling Online Newsletter:

Ken Shamrock returns to MMA and loses to Kimbo Slice

Former WWE Intercontinental and Tag Team champion Ken Shamrock returned to the MMA cage yesterday for the first time in five years but came up short, losing via TKO to Kimbo Slice at Bellator 138.

Shamrock, now 51 years old, showed that when mother nature catches up to you there’s no way to reverse it and it was evident that he had not stepped in a cage in a competitive fight for so long. His record now stands at 28-16-2 and will most likely stay that way. WWE Hall of Famer Road Warrior Animal walked to the cage with Shamrock.

Lashley improves his MMA record to 13-2 after win at Bellator 138

Bobby Lashley improved his MMA record to 13-2 yesterday at Bellator 138 by defeating Dan Charles via TKO in round 2 after a dominating performance.

This was the third fight for Bellator for the former TNA champion who spends his time wrestling for TNA as well in a unique contract between the two companies which started when TNA were still under the Viacom umbrella.

Lashley has not lost an MMA fight since May 2012 when he went down via a unanimous decision against James Thompson in New Delhi, India.