Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE Network: What are you watching?

dsrchris

I know a few of us now have got the WWE Network, so I thought it might be decent to have a thread where we can recommend shows on the network that everyone may not have checked out yet.

I'm currently watching "Signature Sounds: The Music of WWE", which is a kind of top 25 countdown of entrance music. The cool thing is they talk to Jim Johnston a lot about how he came up with the songs. There's an awesome little moment where Jim shows us what mankind's music originally sounded like when he wrote it on his piano, which is very cool, but there's some rubbish in there too. How are they gonna talk about Brodus Clay's music, and just have Jim Johnston no sell Ernest Miller?

So yeah, if you've found something cool you think the rest of us Network subscribers should check out, post it here.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pheadley

im watching nitro from the beginning and the pay per views in between, cant believe half the gimmicks back then the dungeon of doom are just awful. its like 1996 but everything feels like 1990. i like the fact you can type any wrestlers name in and there is a list of stuff.

just relizing while watching nitro that half the roster are all gone now.

Edited by pheadley

WCW PPVs, can someone recommend a bunch of good ones?
Spring Stampede 1999 is an overlooked PPV that is actually a really, really good show.

At the moment, I'm going through old-school WWE shows with Josh to let him see some of the guys he's heard about, but not watched in their primes. Tonight we did the 1988 Survivor Series.

I'm currently watching Prime Time Wrestling, and Mean Gene is hosting a segment with Junkyard Dog where they're talking to a bunch of dog trainers who are getting dogs to perform tricks.

And then Gene is asking JYD what he thinks of the dogs and the tricks they're performing.

I'm not even making this sh*t up.

Guest The B-Man
Spring Stampede 1999 is an overlooked PPV that is actually a really, really good show.

At the moment, I'm going through old-school WWE shows with Josh to let him see some of the guys he's heard about, but not watched in their primes. Tonight we did the 1988 Survivor Series.

Was watching that myself , lol

Guest Edgehead

Watched the Nitro from the night after Hogan's heel turn, this was the first Nitro I ever saw & the thing I've always remembered most about it was the great opening match between Rey Mysterio & Dean Malenko for the cruiserweight title.

I'm currently working my way through the Monday night war documentaries, they're really great to watch but its actually a bit depressing to be reminded of how good the product was in those days.

Guest bigmatt
I watched that Renee Young Valentine's thing (I'd forgotten about half of the dross that they featured there to echo DC's point). Jesus, Renee looked good.

I was watching the "Best Ring Attire" episode of the Countdown show tonight and Adam Rose was one of the talking heads for the show. Anyway, Undertaker came up and his section went from his original Deadman run and switched to BikerTaker.

Rose made a comment that seemed throwaway, but for those who watch NXT, it carried a little bit of subtext.

"Everyone needs a vacation from who they are every now and again."

Not sure if :lol or ;) is more appropriate here.

Guest Jayfunk
I am watching Starrcade 97, man throughout the whole show they talk about the main event even when Eddie and Dean were having a great match. Edited by bigmatt

I was watching the "Best Ring Attire" episode of the Countdown show tonight and Adam Rose was one of the talking heads for the show. Anyway, Undertaker came up and his section went from his original Deadman run and switched to BikerTaker.

Rose made a comment that seemed throwaway, but for those who watch NXT, it carried a little bit of subtext.

"Everyone needs a vacation from who they are every now and again."

Not sure if :lol or ;) is more appropriate here.

KRUUUUUUUUUGERRRRRRRRR!!!