Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE Network: What are you watching?

dsrchris

The thing with Camp WWE is that it's come out of left field, as far as being original adult programming for the network.

It's not the greatest animated series out there, but it didn't have to be. It's funny enough to prove that there is a place for more adult oriented stuff on the Network.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Onslaught316
I never checked out that Jerry Springer WWE Network show - was that in a similar vein as "adult programming," or was it just a clip show like ads made it seem?

Guest Onslaught316
I'm sure they are on there.

I don't believe they are, actually. They've been pretty slow at putting up any of that extraneous content that wasn't mainline Raw/SD/Nitro/ECW TV. They have a couple more obscure things, but nothing like old Superstars or Challenge unfortunately.

Waiting for Velocity to get uploaded so I can get my fill of Nunzio matches in non-Youtube quality!

There's definitely some older stuff on there, because I've watched a whole bunch of Tuesday Night Titans just for it's awfulness, and a heap of Wrestling Challenge just for Heenan and Monsoon.

Admittedly that was when the Network first started up over here, but I can't see them removing it all?

Guest Onslaught316
There's a ton of old Prime Time Wrestling on there, plus if you go to the Old School section, a lot of old matches there too.

I suppose I was talking more the stuff he specifically mentioned (which ran for much longer than the brief two years covered by Prime Time like you're talking about). There's certainly old stuff on there, but it's far from a plethora compared to the other stuff on the Network. Which was my point.

And I understand WHY there's not a focus being put on that stuff, but the things he was talking about simply aren't on there, especially if we're talking about late 70's WWF Championship Wrestling, or 90's Challenge/Superstars.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Jayfunk
Nitros from the start damn early episodes are short and everything seems rushed it's not bad but you barely see the roster and I get the feeling it's not at this time there number one show as the are promoting more on Saturday night

• 4 weeks later...
Guest terrythunk
Nitros from the start damn early episodes are short and everything seems rushed it's not bad but you barely see the roster and I get the feeling it's not at this time there number one show as the are promoting more on Saturday night

No, Nitro was #1 priority at this point. The show was an hour long, sans adverts, about 40 minutes which is why it seems shorter. They did a better job of showcasing as much as possible than TNA did with the same timeslot on Spike.

But then, everybody does things better than TNA, the most irrelevant mess of a promotion in the history of wrestling.

Guest paidimartinez
No, Nitro was #1 priority at this point. The show was an hour long, sans adverts, about 40 minutes which is why it seems shorter. They did a better job of showcasing as much as possible than TNA did with the same timeslot on Spike.

But then, everybody does things better than TNA, the most irrelevant mess of a promotion in the history of wrestling.

All this talk of Nitro makes me want to watch the Monday night war.

Guest Barbarian1072
All this talk of Nitro makes me want to watch the Monday night war.

I'd highly recommend it, if it's the documentary series you're talking about. Very insightful to what was going on at the time and the relationships between the people involved. I stayed up till 7 in the morning binging it, I found it that fascinating. I really do enjoy hear wrestling talked about from a non kayfabe point of view for a change.

Also, if you don't already think Eric Bischoff is a waste of human breath, you will by the end of this series. We all complain about Vince, but he isn't half the arsehole Bischoff was in his ways of running WCW and competing with WWF.

Guest paidimartinez
I'd highly recommend it, if it's the documentary series you're talking about. Very insightful to what was going on at the time and the relationships between the people involved. I stayed up till 7 in the morning binging it, I found it that fascinating. I really do enjoy hear wrestling talked about from a non kayfabe point of view for a change.

Also, if you don't already think Eric Bischoff is a waste of human breath, you will by the end of this series. We all complain about Vince, but he isn't half the arsehole Bischoff was in his ways of running WCW and competing with WWF.

When I wrote that comment I somehow thought in the back of my mind that I had seen it years ago when it came out first, but I haven't. Something to look forward to.