8 members have voted

1. 1. Predict the outcome of Mayweather vs. Pacquiao

• Mayweather on points
    • Mayweather by KO
    • Pacquiao on points
    • Pacquiao by KO
    • Draw

Guest bigmatt

According to Dan Rafael and others this is all agreed and it should be announced within hours. That's supposedly a real "within hours" and a real "agreement" rather than what we've had for days, weeks, months and years.

What do you think? Do you still want to see this fight or has the time passed?

The rumour is a record PPV price, $99.99 has been touted in the states, would you buy this event?

Who wins?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest John Hancock

This might be boxing's first ever nostalgia-rematch to a fight that never happened.

It'll do all the buys, but not as much as it would have, and I don't think it's going to save boxing in the way it once maybe could have a few years ago. I might watch, because I'm totally prepared to be caught up in the hype, but it's sort of going to feel like Ronaldo and Messi playing on the same MLS team in ten years.

Guest bigmatt
Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao confirmed for 2 May

Floyd Mayweather will meet Manny Pacquiao in Las Vegas on 2 May for what promises to be the richest fight in history, it has finally been confirmed.

American Mayweather, 37, and Philippine Pacquiao, 36, are considered to be the best two fighters of their generation.

Mayweather's WBC and WBA welterweight titles and Pacquiao's WBO title will be on the line.

Mayweather is unbeaten in 47 professional fights; Pacquiao has 57 wins and five losses from 64 contests.

The fight is expected to generate as much as £162m ($250m). The most lucrative fight in history is thought to be Mayweather versus Saul Alvarez in 2013, which generated an estimated £97m.

Mayweather-Pacquiao is also expected to break the record for pay-per-view buys in the United States. The current record of 2.4m was set when Mayweather fought fellow American Oscar de la Hoya in 2007.

Mayweather wrote on his webpage: "What the world has been waiting for has arrived.

"Mayweather vs Pacquiao on May 2, 2015, is a done deal. I promised the fans we would get this done and we did."

He added: "I am glad my decision to meet with Manny and discuss making this fight happen helped get the deal done.

"Giving the fans what they want to see is always my main focus. This will be the biggest event in the history of the sport. Boxing fans and sports fans around the world will witness greatness on May 2.

"I am the best ever and this fight will be another opportunity to showcase my skills and do what I do best, which is win. Manny is going to try to do what 47 before him failed to do, but he won't be successful. He will be number 48."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/31484837

Financially, it should quite easily be the biggest fight in history. Mayweather/De La Hoya did $136m, Mayweather/Canelo did $150m and I'd expect this to probably do at least $180m, most likely over $200m. As a boxing fan, I'm not as intrigued now as I was back in 2010 or so but saying that, I know I'll get sucked in by the hype and non-boxing fans will too, so I don't think the fact it's a few years late will hurt it's success financially. The build up will be massive, especially now Al Haymon has a TV deal with NBC, so I'd expect records to be smashed.

As for the fight, I'd love to see Pacquiao win and I probably give him the slight edge. I think it'll be tight, cautious bout and I wouldn't be shocked if there was controversy at the end though. I'll see if I can get tickets for this.

Guest The Beltster

Its sad that the biggest fight in history is between two little runts past their prime with one of them suffering a KO loss in the last 3 years and the other one of the most over hyped, boring fighters ever who cant finish people and always goes to drawn out, 12 round decisions. Best ever my ass. These guys have what? 2-3 finishes between them in the last near-decade? Lame! People paying $3K per ticket are retarded.

I weep for the heavyweight division. Once the greatest thing on Earth. Now, the only thing in boxing people care about are midgets who go 12 rounds.

Guest The Beltster
I remember that shocker over Eubank, it was during that really hyped Eubank tour remember? He had like a 10 fight tour around the UK sponsored by Sky Sports or something and then Collins came in and f*cked it all up :lol Then he kicked his ass again in a re-match if I remember right...

Collins came in, beat Eubank (twice) then beat Benn (twice) before deciding to retire. It was like he came in, ****ed everything up by beating the two most unbeatable boxers in the division (twice) and was like Alexander the Great; he saw all that he had conquered and wept for there were nothing more to do.

Guest The Beltster
Money-wise, anything Ali done is dwarfed by comparison, obviously due to inflation etc. I think we are talking about the biggest money fight ever.