Fan Clubs (beta)

The Walking Dead Season 6 *US TV pace - possible spoilers*

Guest Yodahew

Guest Yodahew

So this started again on Monday night on Fox in the UK with a special hour long episode (1hr 20 mins including ads).

I for one loved the 1st episode. I have only recently finished s5 and so the continuation was superb. I wasnt sure about the black and white flashback scenes at 1st but it made it really easy to figure out what was a flashback and what wasnt. Something I have struggled with in the past with various shows.

Where does the show go from here? Up the action it would seem.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really enjoyed the first episode, although reading the comment sections of various sites has been a chore due to the overwhelming need of some people to moan about absolutely everything.

I loved the first episode too. The final scene with the horn blowing was brilliant and ti'll be interesting to see who was behind it. I know the obvious choice is the Wolves but I think they'll appear later in the series and it'll be a less obvious choice. It's not perfect TV but it's enthralling and I'm glad it's back on.

Guest theMatthewPryor
Quick question, does anyone here posting about it read the comics? I did, but haven't read any for a while. In fact, where I got up to isn't much after where they settle into Alexandria

Word on the s̶t̶r̶e̶e̶t̶ internet, is that Garret Dillahunt is lobbying to get the role of Negan.

Initially, people thought he had already been cast after some cryptic tweets from him showing certain Negan-centric issues of the comic with "Reading material for the day. Just 'cause" comments, but he has clarified that he is simply throwing his name in the ring for producers to consider.

Interestingly though, he has also said that "They are looking at some great actors and will make the best choice for the show."

This means that they are definitely bringing Negan in (it was pretty certain, but not confirmed) and that there are a number of people in consideration. Jon Hamm was also a name being touted, but with certain cast members recently following him on Twitter and Scott Gimple doing likewise (he rarely follows people he isn't associated with professionally), it seems he may actually have been given the role.

If so, I certainly approve as he is a great actor who can do both sincere calm and intensely aggressive (and switch seamlessly between the two) and should bring Negan to life very well.