Fan Clubs (beta)

Embassy Snooker World Championship!

Guest HSM

World Championship started today and my simple question is :

Who do you think will win it?

I think O'Sullivan will win as hes in form at the moment. Of course I would love good old Jimmy White to win it, cant see it happening though.

Guest MillionLiraMan

I would love Jimmy to win it. COME ON JIMMY!!!!

I can't see it happening either though I'm afraid. Stephen Lee has been in decent form reasonably, and Matthew Stevens always seems to bring his top game along to the crucible, so those would be my dark horses for the title. Out of the usual bunch I would fancy John Higgins. I know everyone always raves about Ronnie O'Sullivan in every tournament but bah, I just can't mark out for the guy! To me he'll always be the younger generation's player, the guy they blow up to be the people's champion when for me he's just the poor man's Jimmy White (or Alex Higgins for that matter), at least the old grannies haven't deserted Jimmy just because he doesn't still lose the final every year, so why has everyone else?

Well I will still be solidly behind Jimmy until he exits, but having got that off my chest I think that Higgins or Hendry (always a threat) will probably win, or Matthew Stevens if he can make the extra step up to the big time. I would also be psyched if The Nugget, Romford Slim could pull off another title win, but I don't see that happening either!

Ebdon winning it last year was one of those 'magical' sporting moments that I can remember (like Ivanisevic winning Wimbledon, Germany 1-5 England etc.)

This year... Ronnie or Williams. The crowd support for Jimmy is incredible, but sometimes I feel they go a bit too far, and can sometimes ruin the match with the amount of noise they make :(

I'll be supporting (nearly) home-town boy Stephen Lee :)

Guest The Crippler
Yep I'm in the Jimmy camp of support. Can't see him doing much but whilst he is in the tournament I shall support him. I also hope Stephen Hendry does well. Greatest player ever.

Guest Jerichoholic
Im another Jimmy fan and would love to see him win. Im also hoping Ken Doherty and Ronnie do well and I reckon Ronnie will probably do it.

Guest MillionLiraMan
Originally posted by Chris2K

Ebdon winning it last year was one of those 'magical' sporting moments that I can remember (like Ivanisevic winning Wimbledon, Germany 1-5 England etc.)

Why is that Chris? I don't see the similarity between Ebdon and Ivanisevic. Did everyone have time to brew tea and bake cakes in the time it took Ivanisevic to line up a shot?!

Also, Germany losing 5-1 to England wasn't a magical moment for all of us! :D Phil Taylor's nine dart finish is another one of those unforgettable sporting moments though, not to mention when Jimmy White won at Poker Million!

I see John Parrott lost in the first round again. Why doesn't he just give it up? Either he can't hack it anymore or he's too busy with his TV appearances to put the hours into his game. Nice to see Quinten Hann getting it together though, maybe now he'll start to show his true potential (although I loved it when he smashed up the reds last year!).

Edited by MillionLiraMan

Guest Sabba Simba
Just watched Ronnie O'Sullivan's 147. The bloke's a genius. Saying that, he could go out - he's trailing 6-3 to Marco Fu! :(

Guest Jerichoholic
Tony Drago has impressed me a lot. He usually doesnt do that well but has been good this year. He is really fast too, makes Ronnie seem slow! I hope he beats Ebdon cos Ebdon is so slow and makes the game boring.

Guest Jerichoholic
Originally posted by Chris2K

Damn right he's great to watch, especially when he throws hissy-fits halfway through the frame :D

lol, that was funny. He totally lost it. Cant say i blame him though, Ebdon was so damn slow.