Fan Clubs (beta)

Walking Dead - Season 8 *USA Pace*

Guest TalksAlot

Guest TalksAlot

Has anyone here seen the ComicCon trailer for Season 8? It is absolutely wonderful! The hint at the end that shows Rick is really unbelievable. This will be a season to remember!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK. I watched the trailer and it kept my attention but I still don't see the draw to this show. I know there's a story line but I just can't watch a bunch of zombies running around trying to kill living people. Yuk!

OK. I watched the trailer and it kept my attention but I still don't see the draw to this show. I know there's a story line but I just can't watch a bunch of zombies running around trying to kill living people. Yuk!

I had a similar reaction to the show in the first few years, I don't watch horror films (I jump SO easily! :lol:) so I thought I'd hate this. I had friends telling me to watch this but I always kept putting it off. I then ended up buying the season 1-4 boxset off Amazon as it was on sale and I thought I could always ebay it off if I didn't like it. I watched all four seasons in less than 2 weeks! I was totally hooked, it has some fantastic characters and storylines. The show seems to focus more on what humanity would do to each other in extreme circumstances rather than the horror/zombie aspect.

In regards to season 8 I've got mixed feelings, I thought season 7 was a mixed bag, I wasn't overly impressed with it. With season 8 beginning with the 100th episode I'm hoping they can regain some of that excitement/suspense that I've missed.

Apocalyptic, supernatural, survival stories are dark from the get-go with a small chance of an actual win. As Kam said, how the remaining humans interact and stay hopeful are usually the emphasis. Once I really got that part, the horror didn't matter much anymore.

As for the trailer itself, it has an interesting ending indeed. Some of my friends said that we could just be watching Rick's dreams so far, but that's pretty far-fetched and shallow. The action sequences look good; I hope they deliver as powerful as they look.

Guest TalksAlot
I had a similar reaction to the show in the first few years, I don't watch horror films (I jump SO easily! :lol:) so I thought I'd hate this. I had friends telling me to watch this but I always kept putting it off. I then ended up buying the season 1-4 boxset off Amazon as it was on sale and I thought I could always ebay it off if I didn't like it. I watched all four seasons in less than 2 weeks! I was totally hooked, it has some fantastic characters and storylines. The show seems to focus more on what humanity would do to each other in extreme circumstances rather than the horror/zombie aspect.

In regards to season 8 I've got mixed feelings, I thought season 7 was a mixed bag, I wasn't overly impressed with it. With season 8 beginning with the 100th episode I'm hoping they can regain some of that excitement/suspense that I've missed.

I have to agree with you that last season was a let down right up until the end when they killed off Glen (which pissed me off, BTW). Ever since then, I can't wait for Rick to kill Negan like he said he would. I'm sure hoping it comes relatively quickly at the first of the season.

Just listen to you all!!! I can't wait for this person to kill that person. It's just not a healthy thing to watch I think. We are desensitizing ourselves to killing and violence. I think I'll still pass on this show.

Guest Fatty Jax
Just listen to you all!!! I can't wait for this person to kill that person. It's just not a healthy thing to watch I think. We are desensitizing ourselves to killing and violence. I think I'll still pass on this show.

Listen to you, looking down on everyone from your ivory tower. Not real healthy to seek out a forum to belittle other people.

The general appeal of the show isn't to see people killing each other, as @North posted, it's more to do how they survive.

If you are put off by violence/gore I wouldn't recommend the show for you.

Kira, at first, I didn't really understand the appeal of the show either. Zombie movies/shows tend to follow an easily predictable formula. I like that this show is really more about the atrocities humans do to one another than what the zombies do to them. (Although of course, there's still plenty of zombie vs. human action.) That's what appeals to me, anyways.

Back to the trailer, this looks amazing and makes me even more pumped to watch the season premiere. I need to get on top of that pronto. I don't know what to make of that clip at the end, but I'm sure we'll find out soon...like at the end of this season. What do you think about it?

Listen to you, looking down on everyone from your ivory tower. Not real healthy to seek out a forum to belittle other people.

I apologize Fatty Jax. I didn't mean to belittle anyone. Call me old fashioned. I just think there is already too much killing on the tube and in movies and in the news. I still believe in those rose colored glasses.

Guest TalksAlot
Boy. was this a real let down. Built it up all offseason and just barely scratched the surface of the "war". My question is why, when all the bosses (including Negan) were standing altogether when Alexandra attacked, didn't they just shoot them? I know that wouldn't have been a good thing for the next episodes but what the heck?

Yeah, pretty much agreed!

For the 100th episode I felt it deserved more/better. I liked the fact that instead of taking lots of episodes planning it all, they did it straight away. However I feel like we'll get some slow episodes to make up for it now.

That scene with Gabriel and Gregory :brickwall: I wanted to slap Gabriel so hard! :rolleyes3:

What are you making of Rick's visions? Are there 2? It looks like he has his happy future but we also see a glimpse of him with bloodshot eyes, I expect we might continue to see them during the season, with the finale making sense of it all.

I liked this episode for the most part. However Gabriels character acted completely stupid and Rick and company unloaded about 90000 rounds into the side of a bulding instead of into Negan and company.

Firstly where did they get that much ammo to waste? Secondly why not just try to kill negan as soon as he walked out. There must have being 50 guns on him. With that odds someone would have shot him.

Those complaints aside I enjoyed this episode. I am assuming Gabriel dies soon now. Probably Negan will use him as bait to escape or just outright kill him.

As for the two future Ricks. I believe the one with the happy family scenes is towards the end of the war, but not yet won. The other slightly sadder looking future Rick is even further in the future probably after the war is won.

Guest The Governor

I thought the episode was ok. It was not as spectacular as I would have hoped for the 100th episode but it was setting us up for what was to come for the season.

As far as the flash-backs/flash-forwards that Rick has, it's anyone's guess what they mean. I read the comics as well as watch the show and if they are going to follow the comic then we are all in for an exciting season. Since they don't always follow the comic I can't tell what his visions are leading to.

Guest WDFreak
I agree with the Governor. It was just ok and not what I was expecting for the 100th episode. There has got to be a way back to the gripping interaction between all the WD cast. This story has quit being about the dead and just about the walking. Let's get to the good stuff!

"There’s only one person who has to die and I will kill him myself." A few of the lookouts died afterward, then Negan came out with his swaggers, and the only bullet that mattered was off the target. Look at the number of bullets wasted in this episode! (I'm ignoring the Gabriel thing on purpose due to frustration.)

I know the tagline is 'all-out war', but I also expected logic. It's not necessarily bad, but that's exactly the problem. I wanted more and was let down repeatedly that I'm too scared to hope again. I wonder if it's the fatigue after watching and waiting so long.

Guest The Governor
Best line of the show so far "Do you know how hard it is to piss your pants on purpose?" We all knew he was full of it! But of course Jesus falls for it. But it was worth it to hear him say that! I almost peed myself laughing at that line! I like when they throw a little humor in when the scenes are all dramatic.

Guest WDFreak
What about Gabriel's predicament? They really didn't touch on it. I'm sure that Negan's shitting your pants line was predicting that he is about to kill Gabriel with Lucille, don't you think?

What about Gabriel's predicament? They really didn't touch on it. I'm sure that Negan's shitting your pants line was predicting that he is about to kill Gabriel with Lucille, don't you think?

I imagine he'll use Gabriel as bait to distract the walkers so he can save himself.

I can't say I enjoyed episode 2 that much, I don't know what they're playing at, why attack on so many fronts. You've got Negan who's built up his Saviors as violent thugs yet they seem to be getting schooled by Team Rick.

Where have they got all these guns and ammo from?

I'm not sure if I missed it but where were Rick and Daryl?

I can't say the Morales reveal did much for me either, it's been so long since season 1, I had to Google him to remember who he was.

Seems like team Rick have entered an unlimited ammo cheat.

I enjoyed most of this episode it was fun. I did like the returning character, but wonder why he is evil now.

The one thing I did not like is the tease of Morgans death. The two guys with him were slaughtered, yet he barely had a scratch. WTF?

I know it's only 2 episodes in but what I am noticing about s8 already is this. What I noticed is the episodes are a mixed bag of fun action along with some truly silly character moments.

Got to love the Rick mirror scene though. (What happened to the baby though Rick didn't take it? )