Fan Clubs (beta)

The Walking Dead - Season 9

Guest Sim-antics

Guest Sim-antics
I know it's old news, but was anyone else surprised when they renewed The Walking Dead for another season? I'm excited because I can never get enough TWD but I'm nervous too. This season's finale just seemed like a really good ending point. When shows continue past that point, I think things usually go south (here's looking at you, Once Upon a Time). Hopefully that won't happen with this show! What do you all think? Do you think they can keep it going successfully?

Guest North

I read the news that Scott Gimple is promoted to Chief Content Officer. That leaves the showrunner spot for Angela Kang which is not a bad news given her good writing so far. Season 8's ending could've been better presented and the season overall was weak, but there was a good premise for a new season. I hope she brings the fresh air this series deserves.

The Walking Dead's Twitter posted a new photo of the set recently and it hinted at a time jump. How far ahead do you think it will be?

• 2 months later...
Guest North

I'm sorry for the double post, but check out this Comic-Con trailer for the season 9 if you haven't!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBaKVC1wIW4

No official info about the plot has been released so far. New comic characters (such as Magna and Yumiko) and TV-original characters are confirmed to appear. Lincoln said that the show "will be an ensemble" and that "nobody is bigger than the story" after Rick leaves the story.

What do you think?

• 3 weeks later...
I'm not sure what to make of Andrew Lincoln's statement that you quoted. We can say that the story is about survival; it's about uniting the humanity despite the differences and overcome the zombie trial. In that context, nobody is actually bigger than the story. Unfortunately, I think it also means less tension and less actual goal which quickly translates into boredom.

Guest Incredible Iron
The show should have stopped already. Pitting the core characters against each other will be detrimental to the show. It will divide the fans if they are going to pursue this action.

The show should have stopped already. Pitting the core characters against each other will be detrimental to the show. It will divide the fans if they are going to pursue this action.

It will stir the fans and make us think about the plot once again. We will have to pick a side, imagine how they will play against each other, and what it means for the whole survival scenario. They can still fail and crash hard, but it's also possibly the cure to this dry dynamic.

Guest Mendez
Unfortunately I agree with those saying it should've stopped already. I was so invested with the show but became very annoyed with the way Rick handles the group and how weak of a leader he is. When Negan came into the picture, I quickly switched teams. I somehow hope we will see Negan's softer side in the next season.