Fan Clubs (beta)

Busted

Guest Jung

Guest PeteR Richards

We? Who's we? I don't class myself (or you, or anyone else for that matter) as just a person who lives in this country. This is a perfect example of patriotism being stupid ('especially if you're English), BUSTED ARE NUMBER 1 HOW CAN YOU BE PROUD OF YOUR FELLOW COUNTRYMEN (and women) FOR DOING THIS?! Also, this is a very racist and homoephobic country which sucks ass, so that's more reason to be un-patriotic.

But that's not the point. The point is, Busted are number 1. Humph. How come when say, Sugarbabes or Steps are number 1 you didn't post this, Nick? Are Busted worse than them?

Guest The Crippler
Sorry if anyone is a fan of them but Busted are easily the most annoying group in the UK. Seriously, they are. I'd take listening to Sugababes or Steps over Busted anyday.

Guest Goldy
They are annoying, but the youngsters like them and they're home grown, can't see the problem really, theres always rubbish at number one if you ask me, but everyone has different taste, luckily!! :D

Steps, Westlife, Boyzone etc etc never pretended to be anything they aren't. They set out to be a boy band or girl group, with lots of ballads and songs little girls can dance to.

Busted pretend to be a rock/punk group, with their outlandish clothes, funky hair, and random jumping at pointless intervals. The fact they've got to Number 1, just makes it worse, cause it will make them worse. I'm not being racist or anything you's said Peter, don't have a clue what you're meant there.

But, considering the whole of the country, seem to be going oh we want new young bands breaking through, who got their the hard way, then go and buy Busted's quite horrendous album (yes I have heard it), on which they are just a boyband, pretending to be something they aren't even near.

If they played a festival, they'd get bottled off, guaranteed. Where as Steps, and Sugababes (who have played them), were not. Thus you ask why? Fans watch those 2 and go, yes they are crap, and yes we don't like them, but don't bottle them off, because they are exactly what they say on the tin. Busted would get bottled off, because while you don't like them and think they r rubbish, they are trying to pass themselves off as a rock or punk band.

So when/if they win Best Rock at next year's Brit Awards and beat genuine bands who actually are rock, and you do like, then please tell me, if that would annoy you.

Case closed.

Guest PeteR Richards

I never said you were racist...I just went hugely off topic.

Anyway, I get what you mean now (and did last night) so yeah, fair enough.

Guest Nicole
Funny thing I read in the sisters totp magazine: Is punk the new pop? so they asked a load of 11 year olds and they replied with "Yes, Busted and Avril Lavigne are punk and there the way forward". I'm easily amused by that sort of thing.

Guest El Selecta

Punk isn't 'punk' any more anyway. I don't see anything different or rebelious about any of the so called punk bands in the charts or on/in Kerrang. The whole point of Punk in the 70's was as a reaction to everything that had gone before. Now its just a sytle rather than a statement. The only real punk around at the moment is the more extream/political hardcore like Propperghandi or the stuff on Digital Hardcore (Atari Teenage Riot/Alec Empire etc). They keep the political ethos of Punk and are making interesting music.

Oh, Busted are the spawn of satan

Guest A.C.

I saw Busted at SM:TV last weekend. They weren't awful. Nothing special but not much music is nowadays: that's what makes finding the really good stuff soooo much more satisfying.

I'm a Radio 3 man nowadays though, so what do I know? :?

Guest ChrisfromBirtley

They're ok

I actually liked Busted's first 2 major hits.

What I Go To School For.

Year 3000.

Guest Shaggy
Originally posted by Chris2K

I don't mind listening to 'You Said No', but when they pathetically pretend to sing and play the guitar live, it just annoys me.

I hear that, although on TOTP this past week the big dude with the eyebrows was singing live, the 1st verse that is, then it all went to lip syncing. If they weren't so content on doing those gay ass jump's every 5 seconds and decided to play live i think they'd get more respect.