Fan Clubs (beta)

PlayStation 5 is (probably) coming.

Guest North

Guest North

The CEO of PlayStation recently explained that PS4 was entering the final phase of its life. Sony may invest less in 2019 as they prepare a new platform. PS5 is still three years away at least but I already feel sad because I haven't had the console for long. PS4 has seen many great games and there are still more to come, so let's not waste any time!

What do you expect to see on PlayStation's next machine?

• 3 months later...
This topic is old, but I just read an article claiming that we may see PS5 in 2019. It's possible to get a new user interface and a fingerprint scan to unlock the device. Those are smashing features, but do we really need something other than better graphics for the games?

We should have a better security with our personal data in the PS Network. The hack was done 7 years ago, and I'm sure Sony made their network more secure. However, I'm still not comfortable about giving my personal data in their network.

We should have a better security with our personal data in the PS Network. The hack was done 7 years ago, and I'm sure Sony made their network more secure. However, I'm still not comfortable about giving my personal data in their network.

Generally, I feel the same. These hardware protections are great, but we rarely see a physical breach. It's about protecting what we have already put online. For safety reasons, I never put any real information on these sites unless I really have to. Then again, maybe many players have done that, so Sony prefers to focus on other areas.

IF the PlayStation 5 is actually coming soon, I'll probably not bother with it, for various reasons I can't be bothered to go into.

It would be great if you can share your opinions because maybe I haven't thought about the reasons you're thinking, but that's okay.

Guest milyt g. planet

@North Whenever the new console comes out, I'm hoping to see some JRPGs that really take advantage of the hardware's horsepower. I'm also wondering how empowering it'll be for more experimental/art house projects, especially with the rise of VR.

@Glimm 2019? I think I heard something like that too, I'm excited about the possibility of having the PS5 as soon as next year.

Generally, I feel the same. These hardware protections are great, but we rarely see a physical breach. It's about protecting what we have already put online. For safety reasons, I never put any real information on these sites unless I really have to. Then again, maybe many players have done that, so Sony prefers to focus on other areas.

With all due respect, it should be Sony's responsibility to keep our information secure because we pay them to play their games. During that hack, it was the Sony's servers that were hacked and not individual players.

Besides that point, I think Sony has learned their lesson because if this happens again then they will lose big time.