Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Ric Flair on John Cena overtaking him

jack25

No one fancies their record being broken and the last I checked, John Cena was close to surpassing Flair's record. Considering that the former has gotten so diversified, is their a chance that 'The Man' might be wrong is thinking JC won't break the record for the most world title reigns?

Whether or not any records are broken, both athletes will be remembered as legends who had their own unique charm and who kept us glued to our screens. Either way, I bet John Cena is close to breaking that record.

Guest RegentLennox
No one fancies their record being broken and the last I checked, John Cena was close to surpassing Flair's record. Considering that the former has gotten so diversified, is their a chance that 'The Man' might be wrong is thinking JC won't break the record for the most world title reigns?

At 41, John Cena still has enough in him to pursue the world championship. He may win it one more time despite being diversified. Brock Lesnar and The Rock were able to win the world championship on busy schedules.

Ric Flair has said in the past that it doesn't bother him at all if Cena breaks the 16 world title win record. Part of that is because Flair considers himself to have more than that (So do pro wrestling magazines. Depending on exactly who you ask, Flair should be at anywhere from 18 to 20ish). But even if it's just strictly kept to 16 world title wins, Flair likes and respects Cena and thinks he deserves it.

Cena will absolutely break the record at some point. They're holding off on it because it'll be a big deal when he does. But it'll happen.

Ric Flair has said in the past that it doesn't bother him at all if Cena breaks the 16 world title win record. Part of that is because Flair considers himself to have more than that (So do pro wrestling magazines. Depending on exactly who you ask, Flair should be at anywhere from 18 to 20ish). But even if it's just strictly kept to 16 world title wins, Flair likes and respects Cena and thinks he deserves it.

Cena will absolutely break the record at some point. They're holding off on it because it'll be a big deal when he does. But it'll happen.

Ric Flair definitely respects John Cena, but I think that the extra scrutiny that the media accords it probably gets to him too. At the end of it all, they both deserve respect for their overall contribution to the WWE.