Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Mayweather Coming Back To The Ring?

Guest Pumba

Do you think that Mayweather will accept the offer of Pacquiao for a rematch? If the match will be agreed on by the two camps, then this will be a huge event this year. I have a feeling that Mayweather won't go into the ring though because he will be the challenger on this fight.

Guest Eversleigh
I believe Mayweather is done fighting real matches. He seems more interested in exhibition matches which are easy on his body and come with contracts that allow him to win. I can't see this fight taking place, but I'm rubbish at predicting what people will do.

The thing is, Floyd Mayweather has a nasty habit of agreeing to a fight only to pull out of it afterwards. So even if he accepts, I won't believe it's going to happen until he's actually in the ring. Besides that, Mayweather already beat Pacquiao. He has no incentive other than money and he makes plenty of money anyway, thanks to promotions and appearances. Why risk hurting the brand? Why not walk away a winner?

By the way, who do you think would win if they were to have a rematch?

Guest Revenger
By the way, who do you think would win if they were to have a rematch?

If Mayweather will be the challenger, then my bet will be on Pacquiao because Mayweather cannot win if he will be on the defensive stance. However, if there is no belt on the line, then I would go for Mayweather because his defensive skills are that good.

Guest RegentLennox
I'm with @Eversleigh on this one. I don't think Mayweather would accept a fight that could potentially damage his record. He might take part in some exhibition matches mainly for the money.

If he is after the money, then another fight with Pacquiao will land him a large sum of money. If he is after keeping a pristine record, then he doesn't need to fight Pacquaio because there is a possibility that he "might" lose the fight.

Guest Incredible Iron
Whether Mayweather will come back to the ring or not, he will still get a lot of money from his boxing promotion. I think the only way for Mayweather to come back is if he misses the thrill of the fight which I doubt he misses it.

• 4 weeks later...

I also agree that Mayweather puts money first and much as this isn’t a bad thing, it gets that thrill out of the sport. At this point, we can’t rule out this fight happening.

I am also looking forward to Anthony Joshua fighting Deontay Wilder, sometime soon.