Fan Clubs (beta)

Popcorn Alternative

Guest Incredible Iron

Guest Incredible Iron
We all love munching popcorn when we are watching a flick at home or in the movie houses. There were times though when I wish there was something else other than popcorn. What is your substitute for the popcorn?

Guest Eversleigh
I prefer crisps to popcorn at home really. I'm particularly fond of Walker's salt and vinegar crisps and Tesco's Finest cheddar and red onion crisps. I wouldn't start crunching away in the cinema since it would spoil the film for everyone else.

Guest Mecha Jaraxxus
I'm addicted to Wotsits and Skips Prawn Cocktail crisps! I much prefer to have those on hand whilst watching a film over a bag of popcorn any day.

Guest Incredible Iron
Thanks for those suggestions. My father loves Pringles, and that is what we munch when we watch a film at my parents' house. I love M&M's since childhood, so that would be a treat if we have that on movie nights.

We all love munching popcorn when we are watching a flick at home or in the movie houses.

No we do not

I don't like popcorn. It tastes fine, though not good enough for me to really care about it. My main problem is that it gets stuck in my teeth constantly, I have lots of gaps and nonsense because I need to get my teeth fixed.

I personally don't often eat snacks, regardless of watching a movie or not.

No we do not

I don't care for the stuff either. I don't think it has much flavour at all, so you have to load it down with salt and butter because it's like eating air otherwise. I get Incredible Iron's assumption, though. I tend to assume everyone loves chocolate despite having a best mate who despises the stuff.

I personally don't often eat snacks, regardless of watching a movie or not.

I bet you save loads of time, money, and calories. It's not quite noon and I've already helped myself to a package of Maltesers. I'm all about treats.

Guest Incredible Iron
I eat out a lot more than I should

So you spend more than those of us who eat snacks. That explains why you don't eat snacks. I do understand that not everybody likes to eat popcorn. So I guess you drink something while watching instead of munching something.

• 2 months later...

Wow, it's my time to shine. I love popcorn so much. I would say "almost too much," but that's not true. I do love it too much and springing for AMC's A-List program has only made it worse.

As for alternatives, I did try AMC's 1.5lb soft pretzel. Once. With a large popcorn. That was too much food.

So if you're looking for a popcorn alternative, idk. Give me yours.

Edited by Salome G

• 3 weeks later...