Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

What's next for Roman Reigns?

Guest Eversleigh

Guest Eversleigh
The crowd went wild on Raw when Roman Reigns announced that his leukaemia is in remission. He looked hale and hearty. I believe he'll remain the face of the WWE, but I wonder if he'll want to focus more on acting in the future. What do you think is next for The Big Dog?

I'm not his biggest fan; I just think he was pushed on us a bit too much as the new face and leader of the WWE. However, I'm thrilled that his cancer is in remission! He looked great. Maybe a little thin for him, but not terribly so. He's always been in amazing shape. I thought he looked very happy. There's lots of speculation floating around that Roman Reigns will go for a title soon. Unfortunately, there's some rude gossip floating around that his disease never relapsed in the first place and the whole thing is part of kayfabe. That bit of accusatory rudeness is mind-boggling to me.

I'm not his biggest fan; I just think he was pushed on us a bit too much as the new face and leader of the WWE. However, I'm thrilled that his cancer is in remission! He looked great. Maybe a little thin for him, but not terribly so. He's always been in amazing shape. I thought he looked very happy. There's lots of speculation floating around that Roman Reigns will go for a title soon. Unfortunately, there's some rude gossip floating around that his disease never relapsed in the first place and the whole thing is part of kayfabe. That bit of accusatory rudeness is mind-boggling to me.

It was very insensitive for anyone to claim that RR had faked the disease, with Leukemia Care UK swiftly coming to his defence.

It is great to hear that he may take part in a big-name match at Wrestlemania (in April).

Roman hitting remission so fast is very fortunate for him, I'm glad it didn't ravage his body any further than it already may have done.

That's probably a big factor in why some people accused WWE of fabricating the situation, it just seems so improbable that he'd enter remission so soon and that he'd also still look pretty healthy. The Leukemia Care thread helps dispel some of that, though. But as we've seen from the Smollett situation, the blowback would be enormous if it were revealed that WWE and Roman Reigns had faked a cancer diagnosis just to get ratings and get Roman Reigns over.

WWE's done a lot of dumb writing decisions, but I think they have enough sense not to try that :)

Anyway, Roman is effectively written out of the title scene for the time being. It's Seth vs Brock, that's locked down. The question is will they let Seth hold on to the title (assuming he wins it) for awhile, or will he be like "Ok Roman you deserve your rematch let's go" and promptly lose to Roman?

Who knows. It could happen. It's happened before, sort've. Triple H won the Undisputed Championship from Jericho back at WrestleMania 18 in 2002 after returning from his torn quad injury, and then just 1 month later he shockingly lost the title to Hulk Hogan at Backlash.