Fan Clubs (beta)

Drinking Water After Waking Up

Guest Revenger

Guest Revenger
There's Japanese research that's been popping up in the social media about drinking water after waking up. Has anyone tried doing this and see a positive result? I'm going to try it for a month and see how it works out for me.

Guest Castle
I have been drinking water after waking up for quite a while, although I have never paid much attention to the impact it has on me. I know the body loses water as you sleep, so it makes sense to rehydrate in the morning.

Guest Chuckyy
I have a cup of hot bean water when I wake up, otherwise known as coffee. Drinking straight water unsettles my stomach when I drink it first thing in the morning. Seems weird, but it is what it is.

Guest whothe_h_isshane
I think it does have some benefits to drink water right after you wake up, like it wakes you up and kickstarts your metabolism, but I highly doubt it in itself has any effect on weightloss or anything else long term.

Well, I occasionally drink water in the morning but most of the time, this is one or two hours after waking up. What are the common benefits associated with this habit? I try to drink as many as 8 glasses of water throughout the day because of the great benefits of being hydrated.

Guest Revenger
My problem is that I forget about this if I don't set it on my alarm. I have to get used to remind myself to drink water right after waking up myself. I will see the changes once I'm doing this religiously.

There are numerous benefits of drinking water on an empty stomach and it could be the reason why people are often urged to drink enough water after waking up.

Ideally, you should drink 2-3 glasses of water as soon as you get up and 8-10 glasses of water a day.

Is this easier said than done?

I wish I had stumbled upon this piece of research early enough because I just checked online and came across numerous benefits of drinking water on an empty stomach. Though advisable, it isn’t easy to gulp down at least 8 glasses of water on a daily basis.

Guest Revenger

Is this easier said than done?

To me, it is easier said than done. I was very optimistic at first when I learned about this, but then I failed to follow up with my water drinking regiment.

@coleman, I learned that the colour of the urine will determine whether we are dehydrated or not. We are hydrated when the colour of the urine is clear and not yellowish.

Guest Revenger
I have nothing against flavoured drinks because I also drink those once in a while, but the extra flavour and sugar is actually not good for us. Some say that water with minerals is the best type of water to drink.