Fan Clubs (beta)

Meditation

Guest RegentLennox

Guest RegentLennox
I heard from a friend that meditating creates a feeling of oneness with the universe. I have never successfully sustained a meditative state but I would like to learn. For those who have tried meditating, what was your experience like?

Guest FlyyGurl
I have tried some meditation sessions, especially in the morning, and though it does calm me down, I've never reached a deeper state than just be able to be "in the moment". I have tried apps and audio but they seem to distract me.

Guest RegentLennox
I've tried many times, but I can't seem to quieten my mind. It does seem beneficial if you can manage it. Have you tried any of the apps that are supposed to walk you through it, @RegentLennox?

I haven't tried any meditation apps. I tried listening to the guided tutorials on YouTube though. However, I also find it difficult to quieten my mind although I believe I'm not far off.

Though I haven't (personally) meditated before, I believe that it can be really effective when done in the right way. I remember wandering deep into a nearby forest just to get lost in the silence and tranquility of nature. I guess that meditation relies a lot on the nature of your surrounding.

Guest Pumba
I've never tried this. Besides becoming one with the universe, what are the immediate benefits of doing a meditation? Are there any physical health benefits that can be gained with meditation?

I've never tried this. Besides becoming one with the universe, what are the immediate benefits of doing a meditation? Are there any physical health benefits that can be gained with meditation?

Well, meditation is increasingly getting popular and much as I haven't tried this before, it has been said to reduce stress, promote emotional health and lengthen attention spans. Overall, I think that it has to do with developing some sort of mental discipline.

Guest Pumba
So based on what you just mentioned, meditation will be beneficial mostly to the mental and emotional health. Doing short research, meditation may also correct bone postures, especially in the spine. I just hope I won't go to sleep during the process.

So based on what you just mentioned, meditation will be beneficial mostly to the mental and emotional health. Doing short research, meditation may also correct bone postures, especially in the spine. I just hope I won't go to sleep during the process.

I would say so @Pumba. When we think of meditation, what quickly comes to mind is a lot about the mental and psychological well being. I am glad to hear that it also helps to correct bone postures.

Edited by jack25