Fan Clubs (beta)

Changing Climate

Guest Incredible Iron

Guest Incredible Iron
We are all feeling the effect of the changing climate no matter how many people deny about it. We can't do so much as individuals because big companies are the ones that are affecting the climate. All we can do is to try to adjust to the weather that we experience every day. How do you cope with this problem?

• 2 weeks later...
I don't see it as a problem. Weather patterns have been changing longer than we have been here, and will continue to change after our time is up. I also don't see corporations changing the patterns so much as to make a discernible difference. We all have an effect on the patterns of course because we are all part of the ecosystem, but I think people who believe that we make a life-altering difference are fairly egotistical.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Incredible Iron

The last sentence is a bold statement, my friend. We all have different beliefs and I'm only sharing what "I think" is true.

However, you got a point that our world has always been changing climate since who knows when. Still the question, how do we cope up with the changing climate regardless of the factors that are affecting the changing climate?

Guest Meerkat

I concur. However, not everyone can adapt easily. We have to apply here the principle of the survival of the fittest.

Humans are good at adapting to different environments, that is why we survived the ice age wherein the dinosaurs did not.

Guest Incredible Iron

Dust and Meerkat, so that means we don't do anything because our body will be the one that will adapt.

Boomer, doing something is better than doing nothing. I think if the governments will impose a high tariff on plastic materials, then the cost of those products will go high that people will be deterred in buying those things.

Guest Meerkat
I'm thinking the opposite, jack. We are trying to reduce the CO2 emission wherein it is part of the environment in order for the plants to flourish. My take is that we should take care of our forests in order for them to convert the CO2 into O2. I'm actually worried about the deforestation being done in the Amazon forest.

Plastic bag bans and fees should be the rule in many more towns, cities, and businesses than what's taking place now. The bans and fees seem to be fairly effective where they're enforced, even though people may grumble at first.