Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

How Far Would You Travel?

TynBox

• 4 weeks later...
I'm surprised no one has chimed in yet. For me, the reality is that I'd have to drive pretty far to see the WWE because they don't typically come near my area. How far I'm willing to go depends on who is on the card. If it's someone like Taker, The Miz, Kofi, or Becky, I'd be happy to drive a few hours to see them. I'd carpool with friends and we'd make it a road trip. 100 miles isn't very far.

I had to consider this just recently. NXT is doing a live tour and they're hitting Oklahoma City. I live in Tulsa, OK and OKC is about 2 hours away. Ring side seats were only 78 dollars, and I was really debating on going. I've never been to a wrestling event, even though I've been watching wrestling nearly 20 years.

In the end I decided not to, mostly because of how it'd structure my day in an inconvenient way. But also, I'd rather go to a Takeover or an AEW show for my first ever event I think. For something like that, I'd be more than happy to save up and make a trip out to wherever they hold an awesome show at. Like a mini vacation, basically. Someday I will.

I've been to a live WWE event in Cardiff a couple of times as an adult. It was packed each time. At the time I lived in Swansea so that was an easy trip. I'd travel much farther to be honest for the right wrestlers at the right ticket price. I went as a young lad as well, but I can't remember much about it other than that it took us ages to get there and it wasn't the WWE/WWF.

@Zack T I do hope it works out someday mate. It'll be well worth the wait when it does.

Archived