Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE Money in the Bank 2019 Discussion

Kam

wwe-money-in-the-bank-2019-poster-2.jpg

The Matches

Men’s Money in the Bank Ladder Match

Ali, Andrade, Baron Corbin, Drew McIntyre, Finn Bálor, Randy Orton, Sami Zane and Ricochet

Universal Championship Match

Seth Rollins© vs. AJ Styles

WWE Championship match

Kofi Kingston © vs. Kevin Owens

WWE SmackDown Women’s Title Match

Becky Lynch © vs Charlotte Flair

Raw Women’s Title Match

Becky Lynch vs. Lacey Evans

United States Championship

Samoa Joe © vs. Rey Mysterio

SmackDown Tag Team Championship

Daniel Bryan & Rowan vs. The Usos

Steel Cage Match

The Miz vs. Shane McMahon

Roman Reigns vs. Elias

WWE Cruiserweight Championship

Tony Nese to battle Ariya Daivari

Women’s Money in the Bank Ladder Match

Bayley, Carmella, Dana Brooke, Ember Moon, Mandy Rose (with Sonya Deville), Naomi, Natalya, and Nikki Cross

Just got around to watching the show this morning.

It felt like they had a kick up the ass - whether it's the recent decline in ratings, AEW's TNN television deal - whatever, it was a nice change of pace.

I was surprised with Baley winning the Women's MITB, never expected her, but thought it was a cool moment. Loved seeing Sonya literally carrying Mandy up the ladder, thought Mandy was going to take it at that point.

Sami's post attack shot looked good - plus liked Braun's denial, leaving you wondering what actually happened - I was thinking it was either a ploy by Sami to get Braun get kicked out or Bray was coming back.

Joe lost - although the post beatdown was good - blood helped :P

Having Elias attack Roman prior to the match was cool too, glad it was a quick match too.

Women's title matches were OK too, Lacey still has some way to go but she's got a lot of potential there. Loved Charlotte just walking out after Becky's first match. Then Baley running down to help...then cashing in, great moment with the fans totally buying into it.

I only half watched the 2 title matches - seemed good from what I saw.

The men's MITB had some great spots...however I didn't like the Brock Lesnar involvement. I know it was a great surprise and shocked most people but I really don't want to see him with the title anytime soon. Unless he's going to appear more often, there's no point just bringing him in for the big PPVs then disappearing for most of the weekly shows.

Overall seemed like a fun show.

Money In The Bank sucked, overall, in my opinion.

First on the pre-show they had an interbrand match with Usos from Raw vs the Smackdown tag champs of Daniel Bryan and Rowan. For some unbeknownst reason, the Usos win by pinning Daniel Bryan. What's the point of this? Are the Usos going to get a Smackdown tag title shot? No, they're on Raw. Ok well are they going to get a Raw tag title shot then? Well, given that they lost to the Revival the next night on Raw, I'd wager no. So what the hell was the point of having the brand new SD tag champs with our most recent former WWE champion taking the loss? It's like someone just flipped a coin to decide who wins this match, it meant nothing and helps no one.

Women's Money In The Bank match was mostly sloppy but there was some good spots periodically in there. Bayley winning was a pleasant surprise, I expected Mandy to get it.

I expected Rey to win the US title, but here we have the first of 3 bad ref calls that were part of the show. Joe's nose appears to have been broken and that's why this match got cut short apparently, but the pin fall was so blatantly bad it's mind boggling. Like, Joe doesn't need a bad ref call to fuel his desire for revenge. I'm sort of glad they tried to protect Joe a little in the loss, but you know what would've protected him even more? Choking out Rey again like he did at Wrestlemania.

Miz and Shane was a fairly average match, which is honestly about the best you could expect from it. Here we have the 2nd bad ref call that was planned for the show, when Shane uses a rope break to escape being pinned after a Skull Crushing Finale. It's so stupid that even Michael Cole called it out on commentary and they tried to explain it by saying "Well the ref knows who signs his checks" - Shut up. The McMahons have lost plenty of matches in the past, that's not an issue. What bugs me is that we now have 2 blown ref calls as part of 2 matches that are near back to back, and that just reeks of poor match planning that they had to resort to a rope break that doesn't even make sense. And on top of that, Shane won AGAIN. Moving forward, we see Miz lose to Drew on Raw the next night and now Shane's fighting Roman at Super Showdown, so I guess he's done with Miz? Great. Miz gets a pretty awesomely solidifying Face turn that's really gotten the crowd behind him, only to be made to look like a wimp.

Tony Nese and Ariya Daivari get the first Cruiserweight title match featured on the main card of a pay per view in who knows how long, probably over a year. Why this one though? Ariya kind of sucks, and the crowd had 0 interest in this match. Would've been better if it had been Tony and Buddy or Cedric or any number of other guys. As it was, they chose to put the most bland Cruiserweight title match on the main card, and they'll probably say afterwards "See they couldn't hook the crowd, pre-show for you guys for eternity!"

Becky and Lacey was about as average as expected, given Lacey's still not that great yet. But it was ok. Here we have the 3rd bad ref call of the night, though this one might not be intentional. At the end, Lacey had rolled up Becky and instead of counting, the ref was busy acting like Becky's shoulders weren't on the mat for way longer than a 3 count, until Becky finally said "screw it he's not gonna count, might as well just reverse into the Disarm Her then". It seems like the ref was being a bit of a butthead here, but I don't think it was actually planned. Still, on a night where we had 2 planned bad ref calls, it just adds to the nonsense.

Charlotte coming down to force Becky to fight immediately after Lacey was certainly a smart move, I like that. Quick match, makes sense. Not a fan of Charlotte winning even with Lacey's help, especially since it just leads to Bayley cashing in. I have no problem with Bayley cashing in and winning regardless of who the champ was, but Charlotte's record setting 9th title win being 10 minutes long rubs me the wrong way, plus I'm getting tired of the "same night cash-in" stuff. The first person to do that was Kane in 2010 and then we didn't see it happen again til Dean Ambrose did it in 2016. Both of those times it felt fresh and awesome. It didn't happen in 2017, but then it happened in both 2018 (Alexa Bliss) and now 2019 with Bayley. Stop it. Let's wait another few years before we do it again.

The whole backstage attack shot with Elias and Roman was really well done, that was another highlight of the show. Elias stalking Roman was wonderful camera work, and them following him out to the arena where he sang his song was great. Quick match was ok, though it doesn't do much for Elias. I also loved how on the next night on Raw, they had Elias singing down to Roman from on top of a semi. That was hilarious.

AJ and Seth was probably the best match of the night, though I don't understand why sometimes they pull this crap of 2 good guys have a match and then the loser extends his hand and the winner acts like he doesn't trust the guy or want to shake hands for a minute. Like, I get that AJ and Seth had a bit of heat during their feud here, but AJ never cheated or did anything underhanded to Seth. Just bothers me that Seth milked it as long as he did to go for the handshake.

Kofi and Owens was a pretty decent match too. I feel like the crowds are starting to wane just slightly on Kofi though, and my opinion is that they've shoved Kofi too hard down our throats. It's great that they embraced this whirlwind fervor for him, but they've gone too far in making so many people outside of New Day gush over how great Kofi is and how much he deserves this. Maybe in the 80's that would've been fine, and it was ok for a minute even now, but it just kept happening week after week and it gets a bit nauseating. Anyway, the match itself was fine, Kofi could maybe stand to add a couple more good impact moves to his set (though I do like that he's added that double knee meteora thing).

The shot of Sami hanging upside down in the back was great, and that was a nice WHO DUN IT moment. Obviously you think Braun, but maybe Bray? Of course as we're about to see, it was probably Brock Lesnar...though, we'll never know for sure because the next night on Raw, Sami's perfectly fine and has a match with Braun and doesn't even MENTION being attacked at Money In The Bank. Then he fights on Smackdown the night after that and again, no mention to his attack at MITB other than saying he got robbed of his spot. But he never even says Brock attacked him or harps on it. Why? His character should be stirring up so much crap that he got robbed.

Mens Money In The Bank was nuts. They really went above and beyond to deliver crazy spots and high risk, and while that had some fun car crash elements to it, I mostly was just like "jesus christ I hope these guys don't get injured". Especially Finn Balor, oh my god. That sunset flip powerbomb especially, but also that chokeslam onto the side of a ladder. My god. Anyway, Brock winning was BS. I don't have a problem with Brock winning if he'd just been in the match from the start and we could've seen him beat down and be a destructive force, but this was just so unsatisfying. There is precedent for this type of thing before, it's happened I think in 2008 when it was supposed to be Triple H vs Jeff Hardy vs Koslov I think it was at Survivor Series? Jeff gets taken out by an attack, it turned into one of the worst singles matches for awhile between Triple H and Koslov, then Vickie Guerrero announces near the end that Jeff was replaced by Edge, who comes out and wins easily.

So it's happened before. But this time allegedly all the guys in the match were told Ali was going to be winning, even up til right before the match happened. Then they're told that someone else is winning but they're not even told WHO. WHY are you trying to work your own talent? That's insanely unprofessional and really pisses me off.

Overall, this show sucked and they should be ashamed of themselves.

Tony Nese and Ariya Daivari get the first Cruiserweight title match featured on the main card of a pay per view in who knows how long, probably over a year. Why this one though? Ariya kind of sucks, and the crowd had 0 interest in this match. Would've been better if it had been Tony and Buddy or Cedric or any number of other guys. As it was, they chose to put the most bland Cruiserweight title match on the main card, and they'll probably say afterwards "See they couldn't hook the crowd, pre-show for you guys for eternity!"

I was meant to comment on that too! Of all the times they decided to put a cruiserweight title match on the main show...they went with this one! No idea why. 0_O O_0