Fan Clubs (beta)

Life Is Unfair

Guest Pumba

Guest Pumba
I've heard this phrase many times, especially when things in my life are going awry. I don't like hearing that phrase no matter how true it is because it doesn't help me in any way in solving my problem. I wish people would try to listen first before talking.

I think it's one of those "filler" phrases that people use when they don't know what to say. It's also a true statement tough because sometimes life really isn't fair. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't help mitigate the result of this unfairness that the person is experiencing. It also doesn't mean that we shouldn't look for ways to correct the unfairness so it doesn't continue in the future.

Guest Pumba
I think it's one of those "filler" phrases that people use when they don't know what to say.

Exactly! I would appreciate it much better if they remain quiet instead of giving out such comments. I try to ignore those kinds of comments and try to accept that people are indifferent sometimes.

I don't like hearing that phrase no matter how true it is because it doesn't help me in any way in solving my problem.

Right? It's such a lazy way out too. Although it's true that life isn't always fair, it's also true that there are workarounds to many problems. You might even be able to talk your way through it if the other party would just listen for a bit. I understand the aggravation. You can always share here you know. I've gotten some great advice from forum members and I felt heard.

Guest Pumba
I won't say the details as it is a family matter. One of my relatives has been saying this and that about me that were not true. I told my aunt about it because I think she could be a good arbiter. Then I got that comment from her without even finishing what I need to say.

Guest Mecha Jaraxxus
Hmm, what's that saying....life sucks, and then you die. :laugh: Kidding...but seriously, I would take a phrase like that with a grain of salt. People just say stuff like that when they don't really want to talk about an issue, or just out of a lack of anything else to say. In your case, it sounds like your aunt didn't want to talk about it and used it as way to squash the subject.

Guest Pumba
In your case, it sounds like your aunt didn't want to talk about it and used it as way to squash the subject.

You may be right about it as she might not want to be in the middle of the family issues. I kept quiet when she made that comment and shared that disappointment here instead.

Edited by Pumba