Fan Clubs (beta)

So many jobs.

Guest Chuckyy

Guest Chuckyy
Anyone here work multiple jobs? I'm currently working three jobs - one full time and two part time. I'm just about on my deathbed. The payout sure is nice though!

Oh man that's nuts. Are you working so much because you need to, or because you want to make that much money for awhile?

I've never had 2 or more jobs simultaneously. The closest I've come to that was when I was a security guard for a temp agency. I had a regular full time posting at the local community college for 40 hours a week, but sometimes they'd also offer me brief 1 to 3 day side job security work.

Otherwise, I've never had 2 jobs. I donate plasma twice a week to make a little extra spending money. That brings in about 300 to 340 a month depending on the bonuses they give each month.

Bottom line is I'm just too lazy to work 2 jobs. I've certainly been in positions where I could've really used the extra income, but I value my free time too much.

Here's hoping you'll get a break soon @Chuckyy . Personally, I love to work. I could work 'round the clock and be fulfilled. My girl is the same, so it works out. I have no kids though, and I'm sure I'd feel differently if I hated my job. At the moment, any form of productivity makes me happy.

Years ago, I had three part-time jobs in college, but two of them were on campus so it wasn't that bad. Unfortunately, it's still sometimes hard for people to find full-time work so they're left to cobble together enough hours out of two or three jobs. I've been pretty fortunate, but I still pick up extra contract work for limited periods. I think it helps me keep my resume fresh and I enjoy learning new things and challenging myself. Plus, since I'm salaried, I could work day and night for the company for the same pay, so it's just smarter to expand and work a bit here and there for more money on the side.

I mean I do enjoy the feeling of accomplishment and productivity, but I don't want to be busy all the time. I'd much rather be off doing whatever non-work related things I want to do. If I didn't have to work, I wouldn't.

The last time I had more than one job was about four years ago and much as the pay was good, I hardly time to relax. Right now, I value having enough sleep and having more time to engage in non-work related activities. Like you @Zack T, I value productivity and accomplishment but not at the expense of all other things.

@Chuckyy that sounds like a lot to juggle. I hope things slow down for you soon. When I tried working more than one job before, I noticed that I spent more than I was making on little conveniences like getting take-away everyday and buying disposable plates and cutlery because I hadn't the time to clean anything. Society fetishsizes work, but sometimes it can be too much.

@Zack T I'm with you. If I didn't need to work, I would't.

• 2 months later...