Fan Clubs (beta)

Changing the Past

Guest Incredible Iron

Guest Incredible Iron
If you can change one thing in the past, what would that be? It made me think about this after watching the Black Mirror movie. I may have to change the degree that I took up in college if I can reset the past.

Changing the past can result in a drastically different future, since you're indirectly changing a multitude of things beyond that 1 big event you're focused on.

For me, I would change my scoliosis - I'd have it diagnosed when I was much younger as it should have been. Doing so would've given doctors the chance to treat it properly and either completely correct it or get real close. Then I wouldn't have needed surgery, and I likely would've gone on to continue working out to train to become a professional wrestler and join the Navy. Once we hit that part, I dunno how it would've all gone. But I'd have had the chance, anyway.

Guest Incredible Iron
I agree that changing something in the past will trigger the butterfly effect. How I wish I can do reset in the past and see different outcomes each decision, as Dr. Strange does. Sadly, we only got one timeline.

Guest Pumba

The problem with changing the past is that it will create a different problem in the future that you may not want to have in the first place.

Staying with the topic, I have to change the way I acted when I was a teenager because I was very timid in those days that I missed the fun things done by teenagers.

Guest Revenger
The problem with changing the past is that it will create a different problem in the future that you may not want to have in the first place.

You may even end up dead sooner because of unpredicted events in a different timeline. I still would like to change for the past if I have the ability to do it to make my life better. I may have to change the way I spend money because I spent too much on things I don't really need.

If I could change anything it would be Johnny Depp starring in The Butterfly Effect instead of Ashton Kurchner. Just to see what kind of butterfly effect that would have.

Interesting. Remember that scene where that one girl is walking home from work with him, she turns around and asks him "If you cared for me so much, why did you leave me here to rot?" To me, that was a powerful scene, but it might have actually done better with Depp. He just has that "look", you know?