Fan Clubs (beta)

Remote Viewing

Guest Pumba

Guest Pumba
While I was scanning my social media account, I landed on a documentary about remote viewing. It was about people who can see things that are far away from them. The documentary stated that the CIA had this kind of research to counter the Soviet's research about psychics. What do you think about it?

I've heard about this, and other psychic type of abilities and programs. I have no idea the legitimacy of these abilities, but I'd like to think there's something to it. So many interesting stories from all over the world, I have a hard time believing that they're ALL nonsense. Even if I've never had the ability myself or witnessed it first hand doesn't mean it's not possible.

Guest Meerkat
It is highly probable that there are people who have psychic powers, although I'm not entirely convinced that the government has used them. If the CIA has researched this and were successful, then they don't need all the sophisticated technology used to spy on people.

I haven't heard anything about technology that could do this for a person, so I'm skeptical.

Usually, when the government tries something like this and it turns out to be nothing, people in the private sector will pick up that torch.

Since that never happened I don't think remote viewing ever was a thing.

Guest Incredible Iron
There are so many things we don't know yet. Movies portray aliens talking to each other with their minds. Those things may only be imaginations by the writers, but who knows about these mysteries. Remote viewing may be one of those abilities that aliens shared with a few chosen humans.

Guest Pumba
I haven't heard anything about technology that could do this for a person, so I'm skeptical.

Usually, when the government tries something like this and it turns out to be nothing, people in the private sector will pick up that torch.

Since that never happened I don't think remote viewing ever was a thing.

Remote viewing is not a technology or a thing. It is the psychic ability of a person to see things that are very far from that person. It is like looking at a CCTV without a camera and using only the brain power to capture the images.

It is like looking at a CCTV without a camera and using only the brain power to capture the images.

I don't know if I would call that "psychic" or not. I always thought of that term in regards to a time-line. Like seeing into the past or future. "Remote viewing" infers locations.

Remote viewing is not a technology or a thing.

I know. That was kind of my point. The government, theoretically, would study it and make a technology based on its findings. But since that technology was never made, the "power" that people were said to have probably never existed. The government was studying a rumor, basically.