Fan Clubs (beta)

How brand loyal are you?

Gareth The Great

I just sat through a presentation about brand loyalty and how it's set for you as a child. I never really thought about it before, but I suppose I do use many of the same things that mum and dad provided for me as a kid. What about you? Are you still using the same toothpaste, shampoo, laundry detergent, and dog food? Do you eat the same brand of cheese and drink the same type of tea that you had at home while growing up?

I agree to an extent. I'm a Microsoft user for life simply because that's what I learned to use as a child. I know many people who have said the same thing and I suspect that's why the company is so generous to schools. For other products, using the stuff I did as a kid brings that nostalgia factor, but it's hardly exciting like the new things that are being made today.

Now that I think about it, I am a loyal consumer of quite a few brands. Coke, Kraft cheese, Little Debbie snacks, Jiff peanut butter. Those were all products my parents chose over the competing brand and I also favor them over the competing brand.

I'm brand loyal to AMD for computer processors, and I might switch over for graphics cards here soon too in my next computer build. They're cheaper than Intel, and now they've surpassed Intel technology at the same time. Rave reviews for their new 3rd generation Ryzen processors, and very positive reviews for the new AMD Radeon 5700 XT graphics cards.

Past that, uh...I guess? I typically drink the same type of soda all the time, I'm going to get another Kia Forte EX for my car when my credit is in a good place for it because I like my current one a lot and I'd love a newer model of it.

But at the same time, I'm not blindly attached. If Intel wound up lowering prices, I'd be much more inclined to consider their chips. I almost got myself a Hyundai Elantra awhile back but decided against it due to my credit being bad and it would've had higher cost than sensible for me.

I love WWE, but I'm following AEW now too :D

I've had an iPhone for years, my only smartphone brand I've used myself. I'm not necessarily against the idea of an Android based phone but I haven't used one enough to get a feel for if I'd like it or not.

Well, I agree with you to a large extent but it had never occurred to me that this is most likely conditioned into our minds as children. Might you have a video link to that presentation? It will be interesting to see how brand loyalty has been shaped and conditioned into my mind, over the years.

I've visited TWO about once a year, so it's safe to say I'm not overly brand loyal anymore.

Oh, burn!

You're one of several TWO fans who checks in every now and then. It's a pity you blokes can't coordinate your schedules because Fletch pops round as does WAYNE sometimes. The forum had to be spectacular at one point or old members wouldn't bother checking it out. So, why not start a thread mate and get some chatter going? Since you were a fan of this forum in the past, I'm guessing that means you were into wrestling. Do you still watch? What do you think about the AEW?

Fletch and Wayne! Blimey. Old guard there, both survivors of the old TWOMeets when we used to watch 1PW shows at the Dome, or all crash at mine for Mania.

And both former TWOStars writers!

Edit: not watched any AEW, in fact barely any wrestling at all. I dont have time these days.