Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Watch AEW in UK?

Poppy

I don't mean to sound daft, but I'm unable to find the listing for the AEW weekly programme that's supposed to be starting before long. I can find info about the next PPV, but not their Wednesday night matches. Is it not playing on the telly here?

With Sky dropping WWE TV rights to BT, this will mean that WWE will only have access to approx 2 million viewers whereas AEW will now have approx 27 million viewers with access to ITV 4!

I have BT Sport for the UFC matches, is that where the WWE is heading then? I'm surprised by that move considering that BT is more spendy. They are bound to lose some UK fans that way. If UFC ever moves to Eleven or elsewhere, I'd probably drop BT too instead of sticking around for WWE matches. Good for AEW, it seems like they're making a solid go of it.

Impact is on 5Star in case anyone was curious and couldn't find it.

I think the WWE move was more to do with Sky not willing to pay what WWE wanted. With all the youtube content and streams online I don't think the weekly show got much in terms of ratings. With PPVs free on the Network also, it's doesn't make sense for Sky to get in any bidding war over the rights.

BT Sport will be airing Raw and Smackdown live (as well as replays during the day)...with all the PPVs available on BT Sport Box Office.

• Heart 1