Fan Clubs (beta)

Best Movies of 2019

Rambler

• 2 weeks later...
I'm more of a comedy and action-adventure bloke. My favourite movies of the year are both thrillers, but they're filled with black humour too. One recently came out which is Knives Out. The other is Ready or Not. I've never understood the thrill of Toy Story which has many adult fans. I've tried to watch it, but it's no Shrek and I can't hang in there until they get to the good parts.

My movie count for last year was less than 3 (excluding Joker), but based on the trailer, I believe that it ranks among the best. Is any of you a fan of animations?

Animations are my favourite, and IMO, The Lion King, The Addams Family and Abominable ranked highly. There are some more to look forward to this year including Onward, Sonic the Hedgehog, SCOOB and The Willoughbys.

• 3 months later...

Joker, hands down won for me. 1917 was great, but I didn't see it until 2020. I'll watch it again for certain. My wife loved Little Women, I skipped that.

You know I thought that by staying at home, I was going to a lot of things I wouldn't normally do, like watching countless movies. It turns out I am doing so well in this department. What else have you watched this year?