Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE Tables, Ladders and Chairs 2019 Discussion

Kam

wwe-tlc-2019-poster.jpg

The card:

• The Kabuki Warriors (Asuka and Kairi Sane) vs Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair (TLC tag team match for the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship)
  • Bray Wyatt vs The Miz (singles match)
  • Roman Reigns vs King Corbin (TLC match)
  • Rusev vs Bobby Lashley (with Lana) (Tables match)
  • The New Day (Big E and Kofi Kingston) vs The Revival (Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder) (tag team match for the WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship)
  • Aleister Black vs Buddy Murphy (singles match)
  • The Viking Raiders (Erik and Ivar) vs TBD (tag team match for the WWE Raw Tag Team Championship)

• Heart 2

I have to admit, there wasn't anything on the card I was looking forward to. I thought I'd watch it in the background and to be honest, nothing really grabbed my attention.

New Day/Revival was good, had some nice moments, OK match

I enjoyed Black/Murphy but as I've said previously, I didn't like them crossing paths yet, both should be protected. Although, both looked pretty good.

A KFC branded match for the Viking Raiders and The OC, nice. :p

Hardly paid attention to Corbin/Reigns. Corbin wins? 0_O O_0 I didn't care about the locker room brawl/fallout at the end either.

I didn't like Miz/Wyatt. I can see what they're trying to do with Wyatt but I found the match pretty boring. Daniel Bryan looked great without the beard!

I'm finding Rusev pretty annoying at the moment, I know he's trying to show off his personality more and have some fun, but I preferred him more when he was with Aiden English.

Main event was OK.

Overall a pretty meh PPV to end of the year.

• Heart 2

WWE big events are largely trash these days. The only thing I really cared about was Black/Murphy and as such, that's the only thing I watched. It was a pretty good match but the energy just wasn't there because the crowd wasn't super hyped for it. They did pop, they got into it, but it took awhile. That's credit to how good Black and Murphy are, but it also is an example of WWE's problem. Everything is so cookie-cutter and bland that even when we do get these occasional good matches, people are mostly just giving unenthusiastic or half hearted responses. If that same match had taken place on an NXT show, the crowd would've been going nuts and it would've felt all the more important.

I liked the fact that Bray came out as Bray and the way the match was done adds more to his character. Now we know he may sometimes wrestle as himself and not The Fiend, so that's interesting. But it also shows how little the WWE thinks of Miz's credibility as a wrestler that he essentially beats on Bray for awhile, then Bray destroys him without even activating The Fiend. But what can you expect? I didn't bother watching this because there was just no way in hell I could believe Miz was going to win, he barely ever is booked to wrestle and usually he loses anyway. The story for the feud was great, they did great on that part. But *shrug*

The rest of this, didn't care much about. I hear the Revival/New Day was fun, the main event was a train wreck after Kairi got concussed, and the rest was just blah. I'm with you Kam, seeing gang warfare unleashed and requiring 4 guys to keep Roman Reigns down was just...lame. It's also stupid because Roman had made the save for New Day previously, but when he's in trouble in his match, they didn't lift a finger for him. But then later on, I think later in the same show or on Smackdown, they do come out to help him. So what the heck? Seems rather out of character and unusual for them.

But that's WWE writing. Not much consistency or logic to it.

• Heart 2