Fan Clubs (beta)

Favorite authors

Crompy

I've read The Pact by Jodi Picoult. The book was excellent, but the movie was just dreadful. It butchered an excellent story. Do you have a favourite book from her collection?

Lately I've been into psychological thrillers. I enjoyed watching both seasons of You and decided to pick up the book by Caroline Kepnes which inspired the programme. The book is supposed to be better, but I guess that's usually true. I plan to read her next book too.

Interesting, I didn't know that any of Jodi Picoult's books were made into movies. I don't have a favorite, I have loved them all. They are so real.

I haven't heard of Caroline Kepnes. I will look her up to see if I want to add her to the must-read list, thanks!

Interesting, I didn't know that any of Jodi Picoult's books were made into movies. I don't have a favorite, I have loved them all. They are so real.

A fair few have been made into movies. The best one is probably My Sister's Keeper. The story is riveting, but be prepared for the waterworks because it's a tearjerker. Are all of her books evocative?

I think I've read most of her books too. I watched My Sister's Keeper, I loved it. It was very sad but a great movie. Nineteen Minutes was probably the saddest one I read. It took me at least 3 times to finish it. I kept putting it down and read something else in between.

Nineteen Minutes was a tough one to read. I love that the books are real. School shootings, Autistic kids, family drama, etc.. I haven't watched any of the movies. I am more of a book person.

• 2 weeks later...
Jodi Picoult has been writing for the longest time (her debut novel Songs of the Humpback Whale came out in 1992), but I feel embarrassed that I haven't read any of her works. I will challenge myself with one of her books before the end of next month. I can't think of any favorite authors as yet, and my current read is Oliver Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout.

Archived