Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

CM Punk back to WWE

DandyMandy

It's been rumored for a while, but I NEVER thought it would happen because Vince seems to truly dislike the guy. However, every wrestling blog says CM Punk is heading back to the WWE so it no longer seems like wishful thinking. If CM Punk can get back in the WWE's good graces, who's next? And are you as surprised as I am at this turn of events?

I just recently read that WWE reportedly still is butthurt about CM Punk and have absolutely no desire to sign him as a wrestler at this point. CM Punk, on the other hand, seems pretty apathetic about it. I think if they offered him a boatload of money and a good measure of creative freedom, he'd probably be down for that. But since they likely wouldn't do that, he's content to just do what he's doing.

But since they likely wouldn't do that, he's content to just do what he's doing.

Which is what though? I don't think he's fought in years, has he? He was pretty bad at it when he tried. I like the guy fine, but I haven't heard much about him besides these rumours that pop up every couple of years that he's going back to the WWE. I'm probably just out of the loop or he's with a promotion that I don't follow.

These rumors have recently been making the rounds, but the WWE isn't so keen on it. Do you recall Punk walking out of the WWE after the 2014 Royal Rumble? He seemed to have made his mind then. Nonetheless, we will have to wait and see how this unfolds!

Which is what though? I don't think he's fought in years, has he? He was pretty bad at it when he tried. I like the guy fine, but I haven't heard much about him besides these rumours that pop up every couple of years that he's going back to the WWE. I'm probably just out of the loop or he's with a promotion that I don't follow.

Punk's done acting, training for his UFC fights, but otherwise kept a fairly low profile. AKA, just living his life, minding his own damn business. He's had a couple 1 off wrestling appearances for his old friends, but he's done those under a mask and they never led to anything more, just little favors. Otherwise, he does 1 or 2 convention appearances a year, and that's basically it.

So, it's not happening then? I thought it was a sure thing. Darn it. I always liked Punk and would like to see him back with any wrestling promotion. I thought it would be strange though, since Vince still seems to hold a grudge. Maybe he'd welcome Punk back if he thought the money was there. Vince would do anything for money.

@RandyW, I hear that! Punk is a moody jerk. He still holds grudges against the people he doesn't like. I bet if you asked him about The Miz today, Punk would go on a tirade about how he didn't deserve the main event at WrestleMania 27 because he's not a real wrestler with any talent. Plus, the man still sneers at professional wrestling. He seems to think it was a waste of his time and a joke, despite the fact that it made him wealthy and made him into a household name.

On the one hand, there is resentment by WWE towards the two-time champion, and on the other, a contingent of fans still hoping that he will step back into the ring one day. For how long this goes is anyone's guess. Nonetheless, it would have been awesome to see Roman Reigns face Goldberg at Wrestlemania 36.