Fan Clubs (beta)

Pandemic films

Poppy

The coronavirus is starting to make me anxious, so maybe watching some films where people triumph over diseases will help. I saw Contagion when it first hit the cinema and it reminds me of what we're going through now. The film has an all-star cast that deals with a deadly virus. It was said to be pretty accurate according to the scientific and medical communities. It's an excellent film.

What are some of the best films that fit the pandemic theme?

Contagion was a good movie and I really enjoyed the performance by Jude Law as the blogger who was fanning the flames and making things worse. It could see it happening today.

Outbreak is another excellent movie that fits the theme. It's a little older, but no less enjoyable. If I remember correctly the virus was contained within California and the military kept people quarantined there. It was based on a nonfiction book that I keep meaning to read called The Hot Zone.

Bruce Willis and Brad Pitt star in 12 Monkeys which is a film about a deadly virus that destroyed most of humanity and involves time travel to find the original source of the virus in hopes of developing a cure. It's an older film, but the action and suspense is good.

Bruce Willis and Brad Pitt star in 12 Monkeys which is a film about a deadly virus that destroyed most of humanity and involves time travel to find the original source of the virus in hopes of developing a cure. It's an older film, but the action and suspense is good.

Such a great movie with an interesting mix of actors: Bruce Willis, Brad Pitt, Christopher Plummer, Christopher Meloni, among others. The ending really hits you.

There are some good ones out there yeah. But I wouldn’t suggest watching much for now. I don’t think it’s a good idea to drown yourself into the “pandemic matrix”, which could eventually make you feel more pessimistic about the world. You can certainly disagree with me though.

There are some good ones out there yeah. But I wouldn’t suggest watching much for now. I don’t think it’s a good idea to drown yourself into the “pandemic matrix”, which could eventually make you feel more pessimistic about the world. You can certainly disagree with me though.

Really? I thought it would be motivational to see a bunch of scientists and researchers and just regular human beings figuring out a solution to the spread and creating a way to overcome it. I can see what you mean though.

I guess I’m just not in the mood to watch these films. Probably there are people out there feel like it’s a good time to watch these. But... it won’t be me :oops: I prefer some good laughs these day.