Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  2 members  ·  Free

The Book Club

Writing A Novel

scififan

Has any member here had a go at trying to write a novel?

If so I wondered if you have any tips. I am about 50 pages into my novel, but it is hard to put aside time to get any further.

There always seems to be something else to do! I guess all novelists have to very strict with themselves with time management and have an efficient method of note-keeping.

What he said^

Writing a book is more than just........well........writing the book. Keep a notepad on you at all times and jot down ideas as they come to you. Research publishing houses that work with the genre you're writing in. Re-work your financials to save for the costs you will incur to get the book edited and published.

That's the just the tip of the iceberg.

Has any member here had a go at trying to write a novel?

If so I wondered if you have any tips. I am about 50 pages into my novel, but it is hard to put aside time to get any further.

There always seems to be something else to do! I guess all novelists have to very strict with themselves with time management and have an efficient method of note-keeping.

I have never thought of writing a novel, but I assume it takes a lot of hard work, dedication, and commitment to do so. You may need to hire a few people to keep you on course.