Fan Clubs (beta)

Series I've abandoned watching before

Steve King

Outlander was a hard show to get into because there was so much talking and romance. I couldn't watch it either. I stopped watching MTV's reality shows like Real World and Road Rules. I just couldn't keep up. I would like to abandon more shows than I do, but FOMO is real. Killing Eve has been pretty terrible these past two seasons. Maybe I'll start with it.

I couldn't get the hang of Outlander and Black Sails. I also know that almost everyone else enjoyed Breaking Bad, yet I didn't watch it past the first season.

Except for Black Sails, I enjoyed the first two seasons of Outlander and watched Breaking Bad till the end. For the latter's case, the plot builds slowly, especially at the beginning.

• 3 weeks later...
I think Sabrina the Teenage Witch was the last one I abandoned. I tend to stick it out really. I think disappointing shows are easier to take when you tune in every week because you've invested in them already. I abandon lots of shows when I'm bingeing them. One or two bad episodes and I'm out.

• 4 weeks later...

Breaking Bad was the best thing I've watched since The X Files. I know they're two very different genre's, but the writing on both was fantastic.

These are the kind of movies that you watch and try to imagine what was going through the creator's mind. I hardly stop what I start (even when I don't get the hang of it).

I think Sabrina the Teenage Witch was the last one I abandoned. I tend to stick it out really. I think disappointing shows are easier to take when you tune in every week because you've invested in them already. I abandon lots of shows when I'm bingeing them. One or two bad episodes and I'm out.

When bingeing, no one ever wants to move from an excellent movie to a boring one, and so I understand why you would abandon some of them along the way!

• 4 months later...

So, I know this is a thread rez, but whatever, there's literally nothing else going on here...I mean, considering

1 ) the state of the world,

2 ) AEW being awesome

3) the lack of any new posts

we, the people of this forum, may just have aged out of all this...and that genuinely makes me sad.

If no one else has said this, then I feel I should : thank you Kam. For a good, long while in my early to mid adult years (at least by average standards, i'd be shocked to reach 50) this forum was a place where expression wasn't censored, even if it wasn't popular or mainstream. I make no bones that most people will see me as an arsehole, as my opinions could and can be polarizing, to be kind, but this was a place where I wasn't just shut down, instead i was called on my bullshit opinions not by insults or rhetoric, but by reasoned argument (most of the time, at least). I think that's something that's missing in the wider web today. If the enduring legacy of this forum is that it made some people less shitty human beings, then that's something to be proud of and more than 99.9999999% of forums could ever hope for. Apologies for the off topic rambling, I'm kinda drunk. In vino veritas, as the saying goes (according to Archer... I dunno, who am I, Reginald Foster?).

On topic... episodes I got to before abandoning

Riverdale : 1st episode

Scream TV series : S2e01

Hoops : i dunno, like 4 or 5 eps. I'll be honest, I was on watching it as some shite I hadn't watched before while my primary focus was drinking and playing games.

You : s01e01 - ok, so, creepy, less cool Dexter... no thanks

Breaking Bad L s05e02 or e03... binged the whole thing to there with my bro, then we both got outta sync schedule wise and haven't managed to finish it yet.

Sabrina - the netflix series, watched p1 + special and just CBA after that.

Tokyo Ghoul - 1st season, not bothered with the rest.

• 8 months later...
5 hours ago, melaniaaachen said:

The witcher. For a long time I refused to watch this series, but Iwatched all the episodes in one day. Really interesting series and I'm already looking forward to the continuation. 

Welcome to the forums @melaniaaachen. I wasn't a fan of the Witcher's casting of Henry Caville when it was first announced, but after the initial trailers, and the first few episodes (I still need to finish S1), I'll gladly eat crow and say he was a perfect casting. Can't wait to finish it / watch Season 2.