Fan Clubs (beta)

New Bravo Housewives Series

ShadowEdge

Bravo is shooting The Real Housewives of Salt Lake City, so you know we're about to see some Mormon momma drama. The ladies include Lisa Barlow, Heather Gay, Mary Cosby, Whitney Rose, Meredith Marks, and Jen Shah. The only surname I recognize is Barlow. Maybe the women married outside of the LDS faith and took their husbands' surnames. There's always one lady who is thrown into the bunch who doesn't quite fit in. For this show it's Mary Crosby. Crosby is Pentecostal (her family founded the Faith Temple Pentecostal Church in Salt Lake) and she married her step-grandfather because that's the only way she could take over the family business. She's a gorgeous woman.

What can I say? I like trashy television. Are you planning to watch?

she married her step-grandfather because that's the only way she could take over the family business.

That's been a tradition in the richest bloodlines in the world for centuries. Wanna keep your money? Keep everything in the family.

I would consider watching it for that angle alone.

That's been a tradition in the richest bloodlines in the world for centuries. Wanna keep your money? Keep everything in the family. I would consider watching it for that angle alone.

Do you believe everything you see on a reality TV show? I tend to think that some portions get exaggerated to attract a bigger audience. I will watch this to get a glimpse of the conspiracy theories that revolve around moneyed households.

@Dwayne, I think it comes on in a month or two. Bravo is hyping it up.

That's been a tradition in the richest bloodlines in the world for centuries. Wanna keep your money? Keep everything in the family.

I don't think that's what this one was about. Apparently there was a power struggle for the inheritance. The stepfather was MUCH younger than the grandmother when they married. It's rare that the dude is the gold digger in a relationship, but that looks like the motive here. Then after her grandmother passed, marrying her stepfather seems to have allowed Mary Crosby to inherit everything over her mother. I wondered why the inheritance was skipping a generation. I have no idea what the whole story is, but I bet it'll make for good television.

You had a good point though. I could see someone marrying a step in order to keep them from taking what they see as their family's money.

@Dwayne, I think it comes on in a month or two. Bravo is hyping it up.

I don't think that's what this one was about. Apparently there was a power struggle for the inheritance. The stepfather was MUCH younger than the grandmother when they married. It's rare that the dude is the gold digger in a relationship, but that looks like the motive here. Then after her grandmother passed, marrying her stepfather seems to have allowed Mary Crosby to inherit everything over her mother. I wondered why the inheritance was skipping a generation. I have no idea what the whole story is, but I bet it'll make for good television.

You had a good point though. I could see someone marrying a step in order to keep them from taking what they see as their family's money.

Wow, I will have to watch this one hoping that it is worth every minute of the hype. What the story is all about will become clearer once it airs, but I can already see how interesting but twisted the plot could be.

Archived