Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

A Bad Storyline

TynBox

It's scripted to a degree, but the wrestlers have genuine talent and it definitely takes athletic skill to put on a match. That's why I think there's always at least one person who will enjoy a show that I hated and vice versa. And sometimes the scripted bits don't matter much to me. A good example is Ronda Rousey. She's no ace on the mic, but she can throw down and sometimes that's enough, you know?

I've been wrestling for ages, so I can think of a fair few. One of the worst was when Rey Mysterio lost his mask in the WCW. He was allowed to put it back on because the committee essentially decided that entertainment wrestling wasn't real wrestling. That was something else. So was the angle on the WWE where Shane hit his father. It was so uncomfortable to watch because Shane didn't seem into it at all. I was shocked to learn that Vince wanted Shane to hit his mother later on, which Shane wisely declined. I'm glad the whole incest thing never played out that was supposedly being pushed at one point.

Orange Cassidy's gimmick of gently kicking his rivals in the shin is a horrible storyline in my opinion. So is pretending that he's the laziest man in the world. The announcers oversell it as well. The McMahons have starred in more bad storylines than anyone else though. Remember when he pretended to cheat on is wife and flaunted his mistress in front of her? Or how about when he forced Trish to bark like a dog? The whole very public courtship between Stephanie and Triple H was ridiculous too.

I'm glad the whole incest thing never played out that was supposedly being pushed at one point.

What???

@Poppy, I appreciate your upbeat look at this. I need to do better about seeing the good in things myself.

Do you guys remember The Corre? That stable had no chemistry together and seemed shoddily put together. It was Wade Barrett's worst career move. It was just really bad. I agree that the McMahons, particularly Vince, have starred in more bad storylines than anyone else. Remember when Hornswoggle was supposed to be Vince's illegitimate son?