Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  2 members  ·  Free

The Book Club

Books we should all read

Steve King

A good book isn't always a bestseller. In my view, it is that which gets read widely and receives good reviews. Some books get hyped and get mixed reviews, whereas others get popular without a lot of advertising.

A good book isn't always a bestseller. In my view, it is that which gets read widely and receives good reviews. Some books get hyped and get mixed reviews, whereas others get popular without a lot of advertising.

Absolutely! Some books fly off the shelf just because the author is well-known or has written good books before. There could be a few other authors who are gifted but still don't have a global audience. Maybe there's also an aspect of timing!

I have heard numerous stories of people who left their careers to concentrate on writing. Some followed this path as a hobby, then ended up overwhelmed and having to make a choice. It may be about timing and also being passionate about everything they do.

• 1 year later...

If a book can intrigue me with a 2 short paragraphs, I know that book will be a good fit for me. 🙂

Joke aside, if you like reading books, very rarely you will allow yourself to start "lame/bad" book. You know yourself the best.

Also, if I don't get what I want from the book, I am not ashamed to throw it away (and maybe get back to it later).