Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  36 members  ·  Free

Xbox

Halo: Infinite Megathread

Mike

Reviews are looking great so far! I have a dilemma... Do I wait until May 2022 (est.) to play it via coop with my wife like all the other Halo games, or just go solo since that's all that's available at launch? I doubt I survive until May if I play it without her. But in either case, it's going to be hard to hold out with the reviews so far.

14 hours ago, melaniaaachen said:

Ahaha. This is a dilemma. I think it's better to wait until May than live with an angry wife. Lol. I've been loving the Multiplayer and can't wait to dive back into the story

I'm going to try to wait. My wife & I still need to finish Reach, Halo 4, and Halo 5 (I beat them all in the past, but she's having her first playthrough).

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, fastlawrencetime said:

I like Halo Infinite but I have somewhat stopped playing it. The lack of content like maps is a huge drawback to me. Also extremely disappointed on the store items and the weekly rewards.

Welcome to the board, @fastlawrencetime. I ended up playing the campaign and loved it. Some of the most fun gameplay in a Halo campaign to do. Story was solid enough for what it was -- trying to fix what Halo 5 did.

As for the online, I did go on a month+ hiatus from playing online but jumped back into it this week with the Cyber Showdown event + Attrition mode. It's such an easy game to jump back into.

Store items are crazy overpriced, and the rewards / progression needs a lot of work. Hoping they solve it for those who utilize those. I couldn't care less about cosmetics though.

As for the maps, the designs are great, but definitely lacking. They can definitely afford to add a few more. 🤞they bring back some from the Original trilogy.

• 1 year later...

I recently re-downloaded the game and man, 2 years later it is finally feeling like HALO is back.  Tons of playlists, lots of new forge maps, game feels more polished in general... now only thing missing is a lot of buzz/hype needed to bring people back to try the game again.

On 1/21/2022 at 11:56 AM, Motorcycle Nerd said:

As for the maps, the designs are great, but definitely lacking. They can definitely afford to add a few more. 🤞they bring back some from the Original trilogy.

^ The forge has a ton of both faithful recreations and fresh takes on old maps.  Would be worth to check out again!

Have any of you given the game a shot again recently?

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Apostic said:

I recently re-downloaded the game and man, 2 years later it is finally feeling like HALO is back.  Tons of playlists, lots of new forge maps, game feels more polished in general... now only thing missing is a lot of buzz/hype needed to bring people back to try the game again.

^ The forge has a ton of both faithful recreations and fresh takes on old maps.  Would be worth to check out again!

I've been hearing a lot of people saying the same on podcasts the last month or so. From the sound of it, it seems like it has the potential to be one of those few live service comeback stories.

I haven't given it another go since the opening months, but I've been itching to give it another go after all the recent reports.

Downloading, now 👀

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/3/2023 at 4:38 PM, Apostic said:

I finally jumped back into the game this weekend and it was a ton of fun. Like riding a bike, I was able to pick up where I left off and played way better than I expected. I'll definitely be hopping into it more often when I have time for a few rounds here and there.