Fan Clubs (beta)

The OG spider-man trilogy

etz

So, I've spent today watching the OG trilogy, and I freely admit this may be a controversial opinion, but S-M3 did not deserve all the hate it got. Maybe it's because I'm older now, but Harry's death hit me right in the feels... and I don't really have any feels. 

Edited by etz

• 1 year later...

The OG trilogy is awesome, and as you say, Spiderman 3 didn't deserve all that hate. Yes, emo Peter was cringy, but that's the idea! He is supposed to be an awkward nerd with zero social skills, so when the black-suit-thing got to him, that was HIS version of a badass-cool-guy.

On 12/17/2021 at 2:37 PM, Motorcycle Nerd said:

Can't wait to see No Way Home, however!

It was great seeing Tobey again!

1 hour ago, worm said:

The OG trilogy is awesome, and as you say, Spiderman 3 didn't deserve all that hate. Yes, emo Peter was cringy, but that's the idea! He is supposed to be an awkward nerd with zero social skills, so when the black-suit-thing got to him, that was HIS version of a badass-cool-guy.

It was great seeing Tobey again!

That's a great point and is probably something that's often overlooked when it comes to emo Peter. I still felt like Spiderman 3 tried to do too much though. I know the thing to do now is Part 1 and Part 2 for more epic movies. I feel like Spiderman 3 really could've benefited from that approach.

I loved No Way Home. They couldn't have done a better job of handling the multiverse with Tobey and Andrew. That was perfect.

Hungry Chef GIF by Rosanna Pansino

Tagging @etz since this thread was made way before incorporating a follow system for created content.

Just now, Motorcycle Nerd said:

That's a great point and is probably something that's often overlooked when it comes to emo Peter. I still felt like Spiderman 3 tried to do too much though. I know the thing to do now is Part 1 and Part 2 for more epic movies. I feel like Spiderman 3 really could've benefited from that approach.

I loved No Way Home. They couldn't have done a better job of handling the multiverse with Tobey and Andrew. That was perfect.

Hungry Chef GIF by Rosanna Pansino

Tagging @etz since this thread was made way before incorporating a follow system for created content.

I remember reading about Spiderman 3 being rushed, and Sam Reimi had to add stuff he didn't want to, he didn't want to add the Venom stuff, so they kinda forced it and he did what he could from what he understood about it from the comics. I get the disappointment, but yeah, it was Sam's take and it didn't go well. It's a shame, really.

12 minutes ago, worm said:

I remember reading about Spiderman 3 being rushed, and Sam Reimi had to add stuff he didn't want to, he didn't want to add the Venom stuff, so they kinda forced it and he did what he could from what he understood about it from the comics. I get the disappointment, but yeah, it was Sam's take and it didn't go well. It's a shame, really.

I could definitely see that being the case. It sucks when other factors can really mess up your vision. I get why Venom was forced to be added, but it did feel a bit rushed. From casting to the Venom storyline. If you saw "The Batman", what they did for The Joker would've been a great setup for Venom in Spiderman 4.