Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  37 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Well at least they're doing something with him

Dead Crow

At last night's Smackdown tapings, Chris Kanyon worked a dark match as Mortis, a former gimmick of his. It appears that the WWE are trying something different with Kanyon, as the creative team have failed to come up with anything for him over the past months.

So he's gonna get fired soon I take it. Well, at least they've found SOMETHING, although I wonder why Mortis was considered.

Originally posted by draVen

At last night's Smackdown tapings, Chris Kanyon worked a dark match as Mortis, a former gimmick of his. It appears that the WWE are trying something different with Kanyon, as the creative team have failed to come up with anything for him over the past months.

So he's gonna get fired soon I take it. Well, at least they've found SOMETHING, although I wonder why Mortis was considered.

yep, i agree. This looks like the end of Kanyons illustrious WWE career. I always hoped that Vince and co would manage to find a decent way to use him, but i cant see it happening now. NWA:TNA looks like it could be getting a new star soon.

Guest Rikidozan
Kanyon is a great bumper, tis a shame Vince fumbled, again. He'll be released before long, because...every non-WWE gimmick/angle/storyline is deemed laugable and not-usable by WWE management. Now, Mortis is a WCW gimmick, hence he'll be pink-slipped before long.

Guest Rainecloud

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Mortis that ridiculous "scary" wrestler who had the church-organ type music? Oh dear, what a waste.

It shows you what sort of a state the creative department is in when they can't even come up with their own gimmicks for wrestlers. They have to resort to others...

Guest Cactus Jack
Originally posted by Rainecloud

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Mortis that ridiculous "scary" wrestler who had the church-organ type music? Oh dear, what a waste.

It shows you what sort of a state the creative department is in when they can't even come up with their own gimmicks for wrestlers. They have to resort to others...

I think it was a character from the Mortal Combat series? Having not played it since very little, I can't remember the attire.

Guest Bluestiger99

Kanyon

Kanyon or "Mortis" did a stint in the WCW with his tag team partner, Wrath. They both were basically dressed in all black and had skulls everywhere. THey were a pretty awesome tag team though. I would like to see them re-united. I really wish VInce would get his head out of his ass and decide to use good talent where it is.