Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  37 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Tyson vs Sapp....it could happen...

Guest Verb

After Sapps match with Kimo

Tyson and Sapp traded challenges, with Tyson saying he'd fight Sapp right then and there under Marquis of Queensbury (boxing) rules. Sapp, whose promo skills were out of Tyson's league, even if his boxing ability certainly wouldn't be, said they could do it under boxing, K-1 or MMA rules.

Guest Walshy

Tyson does need the money indeed, he has filed for bankrupsy!!

Anyway i think that this could be a let down, i mean wrestlers Vs Boxers normally leeds to very dull match's, but on the other hand it often leads to big time fame, which for sapp could mean breaking into the US. This is really the sort of thing that the wwe should have done with Brock but, well they don't have a clue.

Anyways, should be interesting and hopefully make Sapp the next Huge superstar of wrestling world wide!!

Guest Joe Reilly

According to Sapp Tyson's people actually suggested MMA rules rather than a boxing vs K-1 type bout, which stikes me as bizare cos if Sapp got the fight to the ground it wud be ugly for Tyson!

But Sapp has said himself that if they did fight, he'd be just asking for his head to leave his houlders if he were to think of trading standup strikes with Tyson!

I think it would be interesting to see!

According to Ryan Bennett at mmaweekly.com PRIDE would be the front runners to land a deal between both these fighters, as PRIDE will be looking to really make a mark on their debut in the US in January!

There is allready talk of Frank Shamrock fighting on the card!

Cheers,

Joe Reilly

Guest Peter K
Originally posted by Joe Reilly

There is allready talk of Frank Shamrock fighting on the card!

Cheers,

Joe Reilly

The VERY same Frank Shamrock who held the UFC Middleweight Championship and retired so he can try his luck in the film industry?!?!?!

Is he making a come back? this is awesome!

Guest Joe Reilly

Yeah, the same Frank Shamrock (Ken's younger brother)!

Frank Shamrock returned to MMA earlier this year when he fought at WEC 6 (World Extreme Cagefighting)!

He won that match by armbar if I remember correctly!

Well, he said he's been offered a deal by Pride and that he's definitley interested in fighting at Pride's first American show!

Guest Peter K
Originally posted by Joe Reilly

Yeah, the same Frank Shamrock (Ken's younger brother)!

Frank Shamrock returned to MMA earlier this year when he fought at WEC 6 (World Extreme Cagefighting)!

He won that match by armbar if I remember correctly!

Well, he said he's been offered a deal by Pride and that he's definitley interested in fighting at Pride's first American show!

Awesome! - I gotta do all I can to catch the event!

Thanks Joe!

Ken's younger, half brother to be correct. Would be a cool card, but it would be obvious who wins, as soon as they decide the format, if boxing Tyson will win, if MMA rules, Sapp will win.