Fan Clubs Network

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Wrestling Fan Survey (Everyone's input needed)

Dead Crow

Ok, this is an idea I swiped off the UKFF, although I have done something vaguely like this with FCW before. Basically, with the new influx of people here, I thought it'd be nice to get to know each other a bit better, wrestling wise, and of course allow me to conduct some random market research. So basically, copy this form, fill it out, and post it back here. I'd appreciate if all of you took part in this, otherwise I'll have to.. y'know... cry :(

I'll fill mine in later, when others have posted too.

Name:

How long have you been a wrestling fan?:

How did you first come across it?:

What was your initial impression?:

What kept you coming back to watch more?:

Who is your current favourite wrestler and why?:

Who is your all-time favourite wrestler and why?:

What promotions do/did you watch (and enjoy)?:

Which promotion is your favourite and why?:

RAW or SmackDown!?:

How much wrestling (hours) do you watch on average per week?:

Ever been to a live event? If so, which ones and where?:

What's your opinion on

- cruiserweights?:

- women's wrestling?:

- Vince's fascination with big men?:

Does your partner enjoy wrestling? To what extent?:

Do your friends and family enjoy wrestling? To what extent?:

Do you think British wrestling will ever be as popular as it was in the World Of Sport days?:

Would you expect the following from a small UK show you paid to watch (yes/no/kind of)

- Pyrotecnics?:

- Good looking stage/entranceway?:

- Storylines/angles?:

- Quality wrestling?:

How far would you travel for a wrestling show, whether WWE or British?:

How much would you be willing to pay up to for both a WWE and UK show?:

Who is your favourite commentator of all time, and why?:

Have you ever taken part in an e-fed?:

What is your favourite match of all time, and why?:

What is your favourite storyline of all timr, and why?:

What match would you like to see, that's not yet ever happened?:

Would you like to watch more varieties of wrestling if it was available to you?:

Ever dreamt of being a wrestler?:

Ever trained to be a wrestler?:

Are you proud to be a wrestling fan?:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name: Daniel Evans

How long have you been a wrestling fan?: 4 -5 Years

How did you first come across it?: I did used to watch WWF in the early 90's but wouldn't say I was a fan, it was when WCW Worldwide was shown on Channel 5 that I was hooked.

What was your initial impression?: Fun & Entertaining , and something which made me want to watch every week,

What kept you coming back to watch more?: The entertainment factor, the Elaborate storylines and angles, as well as the superstar's charisma. It may sound daft, but when I first started to watch wrestling, the actual wrestling wasn;t the main reason I watch, it wasn't until I really began to watch wrestling that I appreciated the in ring skills.

Who is your current favourite wrestler and why?: Randy Orton, he seem to be the complete package at the moment, he's good on the mic, has pretty good wrestling skills as well as his character being this cocky up and coming superstar, I think it works well for him, because its believable , and obvisoulsy just a extension of his own person character.

Who is your all-time favourite wrestler and why?: Ric Flair, because like Orton, I feel Flair makes his character believable, when you look back at his days in the NWA, when he was a heel, he was the type of heel that people wanted to kill, and when he was a face, he was the type of person who you always wanted to come out on top. His mic skills in my opinion are good, he can wrestle pretty good to, and also is full of charisma, and while people have had better skills in each of them departments, Flair managed to be good at all of them skills, something which is quite rare.

What promotions do/did you watch (and enjoy)?: WWF, WCW, not being a wrestling fan until the end of the 90's meant that I only ever followed WWF and WCW on TV, but looking back by video tapes I have watched old WWF, WCW and NWA stuff, particularly stuff from Jim Crockett promotions.

Also, I've enjoyed watching NWA TNA.

Which promotion is your favourite and why?: I'd probably say the WWF, simply because unlike other promotions, it has constantly been entertaining from the 80's right through to now, I feel it has the best balance of storylines and wrestling. Don't get me wrong, I think some of the stuff from the NWA & WCW is far superior than the WWF, but the WWF has been more consistant.

RAW or SmackDown!?: Raw, its a better show overall, with much better storylines.

How much wrestling (hours) do you watch on average per week?: 3

Ever been to a live event? If so, which ones and where?: Only been to live events in my local area, wZw, All Star.

What's your opinion on

- cruiserweights?: - Cruierweights are entertaining to watch, not really my preference, but when used right on a show, they can be very affective.

- women's wrestling?: Personally I have nothing against women's wrestling on a show at all, however when we have Bra & Panties matches, or any of thoose smutty matches it gets stupid and silly. It may draw in the casual fan, but people need to remember what it says on the tin, "Wrestling".

- Vince's fascination with big men?: Persoanlly I think Vince think pushing big men will be more marketable than pushing a smaller guy, whether that is true I don't really know. But in my opinion, no matter what the size, if they can wrestle and entertain people they should be pushed.

Does your partner enjoy wrestling? To what extent?:

Do your friends and family enjoy wrestling? To what extent?: Not really.

Do you think British wrestling will ever be as popular as it was in the World Of Sport days?: Possible, as newer fans are made aware of British Wrestling then it increases the chance, however the only possile way to get British Wrestling back on the map is to land a UK terrestrial tv deal.

Would you expect the following from a small UK show you paid to watch (yes/no/kind of)

- Pyrotecnics?: King Of

- Good looking stage/entranceway?: Yes

- Storylines/angles?: Yes

- Quality wrestling?: Yes - good overall standard, which a mixture of styles.

How far would you travel for a wrestling show, whether WWE or British?: If the show caught my eye and I wanted to go, I'd be pretty much prepared to travel any where in the mainland UK.

£20 - £30

Who is your favourite commentator of all time, and why?: Probably Jim Ross - when on form he can help "make" a watch, he has the wrestling knowledge, but is also a good story teller.

Have you ever taken part in an e-fed?: Yes

What is your favourite match of all time, and why?: Ric Flair vs. Ricky Steamboat - Wrestlewar '89 - Greatest wrestling match I have seen, because both Steamboat and Flair were on top form, the wrestling was great, and both men had great ring psychology to the point where they made everything believable.

What is your favourite storyline of all timr, and why?: Either Austin vs. McMahon , or Austin vs. Bret Hart , same reasons for both, very entertaining and helped increase the popularity of the WWF.

On a personal point of view,another storyline would be the Triple H vs. Mick Foley angle, this was the first major WWF angle I really got into during late 1999 and early 2000, I just though, and still do think it was one of the best storylines of all time.

What match would you like to see, that's not yet ever happened?: Always thought that Sting in his prime vs. Shawn Michaels would have been good.

Would you like to watch more varieties of wrestling if it was available to you?: Very much so.

Ever dreamt of being a wrestler?: Yes

Ever trained to be a wrestler?: No.

Are you proud to be a wrestling fan?:Yes

Just one point, you want to know all our ages? I thought you specifically didn't want to know all our ages?

Name: Stephen Rivers

How long have you been a wrestling fan?: 18 years

How did you first come across it?: UK wrestling on the weekends as a child, then one week they broadcast a US WWF show as a one off in its place and I then realised how much better it was and got into that instead.

What was your initial impression?: Wow

What kept you coming back to watch more?: Characters. To be honest i can't remember what kept me watching UK wrestling, probably the same thing, but once I saw WWF and saw Ultimate Warrior on the first show I ever watched squashing some jobber I was hooked. That first show I saw had the Young Stallions and the British Bulldogs in squash matches too. That's all I can remember though.

Who is your current favourite wrestler and why?: Edge - Love his look, I like his unique moves, and I think he's a great talker and works great matches. All the reasons that other people don't like him and whinge about him basically

Who is your all-time favourite wrestler and why?: It varies. It was Bret Hart, it's probably Sting these days though. I was always more of a WCW mark and his character, both before and after the reinvention was awesome. No he wasn't as good at the end of his career but then who is? He aged much better than the rest of his generation. I still get goosebumps when I see him launch himself halfway across the ring with the Stinger Splash. All my best memories and matches tend to involve him in some way

What promotions do/did you watch (and enjoy)?: WCW - loved even when they were crap. ECW - loved for a bit but looking back now realise they weren't that good. NWATNA - Love even when they are crap. WWF - Never liked as much as WCW and stopped watching at points but usually kept in touch with it. NJPW and AJPW - On and off.

Which promotion is your favourite and why?: WCW always was, hard to explain why I just usually preferred their roster and style to Vince's WWF. These days in terms of promotions around at the moment I'd go with TNA. I just find them much more entertaining and refreshing at a time when WWF had bored me to death

RAW or SmackDown!?: Don't care, couldn't choose

How much wrestling (hours) do you watch on average per week?: 4-5

Ever been to a live event? If so, which ones and where?: Never

What's your opinion on

- cruiserweights?: They are great, if kept in an exclusive division. They should be kept separate and given decent storylines to work with. It gives their belt more meaning when their top guys aren't getting used to job to average heavyweights. I love Cruiser's but I think they have their place, and it's not mixing it with teh big guys.

- women's wrestling?: Pointless, Even the best women don't work as well as the most average men. Yes I've watched Japanese women's stuff and I still have the same opinion.

- Vince's fascination with big men?: I have no problem with it. I like watching people who look like wrestlers instead of 150lb acrobats.

Does your partner enjoy wrestling? To what extent?: I don't have one

Do your friends and family enjoy wrestling? To what extent?: Not really, only my online ones. Some mates have gone through casual times of watchin but not really

Do you think British wrestling will ever be as popular as it was in the World Of Sport days?: No, never

- Pyrotecnics?: Expect, perhaps, do i think they need it? no

- Good looking stage/entranceway?: Expect, perhaps, do i think they need it? no

- Storylines/angles?: Expect? probably not, do i think they need it? yes

- Quality wrestling?: Same again, i wouldn't neccessarily expect it but if it's there that's a bonus

How far would you travel for a wrestling show, whether WWE or British?: not very far unless it was something I was excited about, like TNA

How much would you be willing to pay up to for both a WWE and UK show?: Money's never much of an issue. I'd pay loads if I thought it was worth it.

Who is your favourite commentator of all time, and why?: Bobby Heenan, he was so quick and his humour was awesome. He actually knew the business much better than just about anyone else who was a part of it.

Have you ever taken part in an e-fed?: yeah

What is your favourite match of all time, and why?: I genuinely can't pick one, sorry

What is your favourite storyline of all timr, and why?: nWo 96-98

What match would you like to see, that's not yet ever happened?: Goldberg in the height of his megapush Vs Bob Sapp at the height of his dominance. It would have been match of the century.

Would you like to watch more varieties of wrestling if it was available to you?: Not really, I'm happy mostly watching TNA and all my old vids. Most new promotions I don't like. I prefer the business how it used to be

Ever trained to be a wrestler?: No

Are you proud to be a wrestling fan?: Proud? Not sure. I am always happy to tell people and wear the t shirts and stuff. Depends what you mean to be proud though. I mean, is it something that fills me with pride every day? No, why would it, but yeah, I'm happy to be one and don't have any problems making people aware I am.

Name:Matthew Fletcher

How long have you been a wrestling fan?: 13 years now

How did you first come across it?: Dunno just started watching back in 1991 and I loved Taker and and Bossman and Hulk

What was your initial impression?:I loved it. As i said my faves were on so i watched those guys

What kept you coming back to watch more?:The entertainment value. And the fact that i was only 5 so it intrigued me

Who is your current favourite wrestler and why?:Grandmaster Sexay. Many believe I love Sly Genier, JJ or HHH more but the truth is GMS forever and always. Hes just very entertaining, he makes me laugh and mark out.

Who is your all-time favourite wrestler and why?:Hulk Hogan. The man IS wrestling. Hes the first guy I ever watched wrestle and hes great entertainment for all ages.

What promotions do/did you watch (and enjoy)?:WWF, A little WCW. Now TNA, some WWE and Memphis Wrestling-The Home of Rhythm and Bruise

Which promotion is your favourite and why?:TNA. I suppose I just got fed up of the crap happening in WWE> TNA offered me an alternative with some great former wcw and WWE stars and I loved it coupled with some of the best indy wrestlers around

RAW or SmackDown!?:SmackDown. I just find it a lot more entertaining these days than the rubbish they put on RAW. I only watch RAW for Maven, Jericho HHH and Sly Grenier. And if Edge gets a push

How much wrestling (hours) do you watch on average per week?:Too many. 1 hour of iMPACT. 4 hours of WWE. 2 and a half hours of TNA on TWC. and anything like PPV's etc i can find

Ever been to a live event? If so, which ones and where?:Loads of Allstar shows. WWE wise i went to Passport to Pain in Birmingham last october. It was great, we had a Brock vs Taker main event

What's your opinion on

- cruiserweights?:Not my cup of tea. Not booked right in the first place. TNA's X Division is much better

- women's wrestling?:Theres not enough decent women in the big feds anyway. TNA only really has Trinity and perhaps Tracy. WWE only has Gail Kim, Molly and Victoria

- Vince's fascination with big men?: I dont see the attraction. He is a married man after all. In all seriousness i think its more about talent and entertainment value than size.

Does your partner enjoy wrestling? To what extent?:Im single. None of my exes liked it though

Do your friends and family enjoy wrestling? To what extent?:No. Not one of them. Perhaps my friends at training but then its wrestling training so it makes sense

Do you think British wrestling will ever be as popular as it was in the World Of Sport days?:Perhaps. Whos to say. I never really liked World Of Sport.Kendo Nagasaki was a twat anyway. Theres some great stuff happening on the Uk scene these days so who knows

- Pyrotecnics?:Depends on the size. it doesnt really add much to the show so i dont see why to bother.

- Good looking stage/entranceway?:Depends ont he size of the building really. Again its not essential.

- Storylines/angles?:Yes. All matches need storylines to progress. Theres no point in just wrestling moves and stuff if theres nothing behind it.

- Quality wrestling?:Yep. Theres no point in bothering if thats not on the cards

How far would you travel for a wrestling show, whether WWE or British?:As far as I could get really. i dont drive and well Public transport at night, train or bus? No thank. for WWE Birmingham would be the limit. Probably the same for Uk shows

How much would you be willing to pay up to for both a WWE and UK show?:About 20 quid. I paid 25 to see WWE and that was nearly back row but with a great view. Uk shows perhaps less.

Who is your favourite commentator of all time, and why?:Jerry Lawler. Everyone bashes him but I just think he was a great wrestler and adds something to the shows

Have you ever taken part in an e-fed?:Lol yeah I own one. Im not bad if i do say so myself

What is your favourite match of all time, and why?:Hulk Hogan vs The Rock-WrestleMania x8. My TWO all time favourite wrestlers. Everything was just perfect. it was old Lion vs young Lion.

What is your favourite storyline of all timr, and why?:I loved the Austin and HHH story line that started Survivor Series 99 and ended in March 2001. Absolute classic that produced some fantastic matches

What match would you like to see, that's not yet ever happened?:O god. Uh Sylvain Grenier vs triple H. Grandmaster Sexay vs Mordecai in Memphis Wrestling. Jeff Jarrett vs Sean O'Haire

Would you like to watch more varieties of wrestling if it was available to you?:I dunno. Im content with WWE and TNA at the moment

Ever dreamt of being a wrestler?:That is my dream

Ever trained to be a wrestler?:Yep. Got training this Saturday as a matter of fact

Are you proud to be a wrestling fan?:Yes. Unless my mates found out lol

Edited by Fletch

Guest Keith Would

Name: Keith Would

How long have you been a wrestling fan?: On and off about 14 years

How did you first come across it?: Friends at school used to watch it, read the mags and do the moves.

What was your initial impression?: I wanted to see more, it looked like great fun, although my parents thought it was stupid and fake so wouldn't let me. For the brief periods we had Sky back then, I had to watch in secret and change the channel whenever they came in the room.

What kept you coming back to watch more?: It was exciting, fun and entertaining

Who is your current favourite wrestler and why?: Captain Charisma himself: Christian, he has been putting on great matches the last year or so and cutting the funniest promos. He also has a great gimmick that simply involves pointing.

Who is your all-time favourite wrestler and why?: Kurt Angle as he is a great wrestler and consistently hilarious and Hulk Hogan as he's just such an icon.

What promotions do/did you watch (and enjoy)?: WWF/E

Which promotion is your favourite and why?: WWF/E

RAW or SmackDown!?: Currently probably Raw despite the HHH half hour promos, it depends on the time though. Smackdown was by far the best last year.

How much wrestling (hours) do you watch on average per week?: Raw and Smackdown, sometimes more than once, the PPVs, odd bits of Heat & Velocity, 1/2hr or so of DVDs. So about 5 -6 on average.

Ever been to a live event? If so, which ones and where?: SD roster in Manchester, Raw roster in Newcastle, SD roster in Glasgow & London, Raw roster in Birmingham and London, Raw and Smackdown filmings in Manchester, the Raw after WM XX in New Jersey, Wrestlemania XX in New York. I may have missed a couple, but they've all been in the last 2-3 years.

What's your opinion on

- cruiserweights?: Like anything, I enjoy the good ones and Vince does underuse them. Can't stand runty ones like Spike, Brian Kendrick or X-rat who look like they would struggle to fight their way out of a wet paper bag though!

- women's wrestling?: Generally enjoy the women who actually wrestle, for a period last year they were the best thing on Raw bar the Kane-Shane angle.

- Vince's fascination with big men?: Oooh err missus! To be fair it is the audience not just Vince, the sport is supposed to be about fighting and the big guys look much harder and therefore get the focus. Rey beating the Big Show was just ridiculous. Same as boxing, all the focus is on the heavyweights

Does your partner enjoy wrestling? To what extent?: I'm a wrestling fan who uses the internet, by definition unlikely to have a partner.

Do your friends and family enjoy wrestling? To what extent?: Not really, my house mate does though. I took three mates to one of the live shows and they did enjoy it, but that was probably as much down to my witty comments as anything. One of them was disappointed Koko B Ware wasn't there!

Do you think British wrestling will ever be as popular as it was in the World Of Sport days?: No. One simple fact is that back in those days there was only 4 tv channels now there are hundreds so you will never get the casual watchers sucked in.

- Pyrotecnics?: I've never been to any so I'll say what I would expect. No

- Good looking stage/entranceway?: No, the WWE don't have them for house shows so I wouldn't expect a UK show to have them.

- Storylines/angles?: No

- Quality wrestling?: I would hope so but I wouldn't particularly expect it.

How far would you travel for a wrestling show, whether WWE or British?: We went from London to Glasgow for a house show when there was one at Wembley! We always combine a WWE tour with a weekend away on the sauce so we travel quite a long way. Went to US for WM XX and am planning on going to the next show they film in Toronto as the crowd sounded like so much fun.

Wouldn't travel too far for a UK show maybe an hour or two.

How much would you be willing to pay up to for both a WWE and UK show?: Basically pay whatever it costs for WWE as has always been worth it so far. UK £12

Who is your favourite commentator of all time, and why?: Tazz, he's hilarious. Bobby Heenan, Gorilla Monsoon, Vinny Mac and Jesse Ventura were all godd but I haven't heard them much recently so harder to remember. Definitely not Lawler, I can't stand him!

Have you ever taken part in an e-fed?: No

What is your favourite match of all time, and why?: That series of matches Angle and Benoit had about two years ago, they were just incredible

What is your favourite storyline of all timr, and why?: I liked the invasion when Angle was a massive face leading the WWE. I also liked the Right to Censor. The Kane-Shane thing last year just because there was some great brutality in it and Kane was a proper monster who actually won on PPV.

What match would you like to see, that's not yet ever happened?: A match that involves JBL losing the title and forever being banished from that lofty position of heavyweight title challenger.

Would you like to watch more varieties of wrestling if it was available to you?: Yes, when will TWC be on cable?

Ever dreamt of being a wrestler?: I dream of lots of weird things, so probably!

Are you proud to be a wrestling fan?: I certainly am, despite the fact that I am an accountant.

Edited by Keith Would

Guest The Crippler

Name: William Lovell

How long have you been a wrestling fan?: On and off, about 13 years.

How did you first come across it?: My friends house I think it was. After that I'd get my uncle to tape it for me.

What was your initial impression?: Hey, there are some guys beating each other up. Cool!

What kept you coming back to watch more?: Probably the Undertaker, actually.

Who is your current favourite wrestler and why?: Chris Benoit. His passion for wrestling just oozes out of him. He's got great technique. Hits all his moves crisply, has great heart and intensity and most of all he is totally believeable and I get into his matches more than anyone elses.

Who is your all-time favourite wrestler and why?: Chris Benoit. Same reasons above.

What promotions do/did you watch (and enjoy)?: WWE, WCW, a little ECW, a little NJPW and I catch the odd TNA show from time to time.

Which promotion is your favourite and why?: WWE because it's the one I've watched most and have the most fond memories of.

RAW or SmackDown!?: Raw. Smackdown is pretty terrible now. I'd stopped watching but then a few guys said "Hey you should really start watching it again, it's getting good" so I did watch it and no, it really isn't. Raw is still highly watchable I find.

How much wrestling (hours) do you watch on average per week?: At the moment 2 probably. Just Raw. I watch Smackdown sometimes and obviously if it is PPV week then I will watch more.

Ever been to a live event? If so, which ones and where?: I've only been to house shows. 3 in Belfast (all Smackdown) and 1 in Dublin(Raw).

What's your opinion on

- cruiserweights?: Cruiserweights are great. A lot of the moves are a bit over the top at times but I think Vince should use them more. I really liked Jamie Noble as he was a really believable Cruiserweight and I liked his character. It was a shame they got rid of him. The WWE could have a thriving cruiserweight division if they wanted it.

- women's wrestling?: Does absolutely nothing for me. When the women wrestle then it is usually time for a break. I've only seen a little of the Japanese women and again, they aren't as good as the men so what is the point?

- Vince's fascination with big men?: I don't overly like it but at the same time, if you are good enough then you will be able to become champion. Look at the likes of Benoit, Jericho, Guerrero, HBK. None of them are big and they all made it.

Does your partner enjoy wrestling? To what extent?: Haha, I don't have a partner and any one I've had before hasn't liked it.

Do your friends and family enjoy wrestling? To what extent?: Some of my friends do, some don't. None of my family do. My sister used to but doesn't any more.

Do you think British wrestling will ever be as popular as it was in the World Of Sport days?: Not a chance.

- Pyrotecnics?: No.

- Good looking stage/entranceway?: No.

- Storylines/angles?: Yes.

- Quality wrestling?: Yes.

How far would you travel for a wrestling show, whether WWE or British?:

Not very far.

Well I've paid up to 50 quid for a WWE show. I'd not pay that for a UK show.

Gorilla Monsoon. I'm not sure why, just he was the commentator when I first started watching and I liked him.

Have you ever taken part in an e-fed?:

Yes.

Kurt Angle versus Chris Benoit at the Royal Rumble 2003. Everything a wrestling contest should be. Great technique, great storytelling, great crowd participation and a clean finish.

What is your favourite storyline of all timr, and why?:

Austin v McMahon. It just seemed so fresh.

Shawn Michaels v Kurt Angle.

Would you like to watch more varieties of wrestling if it was available to you?:

Sure.

Ever dreamt of being a wrestler?:

I think so but that doesn't mean I've ever wanted to be one.

Ever trained to be a wrestler?:

No

Are you proud to be a wrestling fan?:

I'm not sure proud is the right word. I'm not proud but I'm not embarrassed either.

Name: Henry Higgins

How long have you been a wrestling fan?: 14yrs

How did you first come across it?: I'd seen it on tv, but a friend got me into it

What was your initial impression?: What the f*uck is this?

What kept you coming back to watch more?: Honestly, Hogan.

Who is your current favourite wrestler and why?: Chris Jericho. Now that he has found his place on the card his performances have been great.

Who is your all-time favourite wrestler and why?: Toss up between Mike Awesome and Raven. I just love Mike's style and Raven is just cooler than cool. In fact when I started in wrestling, the Raven character was what I modelled (ok stole) my gimmick on.

What promotions do/did you watch (and enjoy)?: WWF/E, WCW, AWA, NJPW, AJPW and of course, E-C-W.

Which promotion is your favourite and why?: ECW, 'coz it seemed to me that you could always showcase yourself there, instead of having to hold back in case you upset someone higher up the card. ECW had everything, Big men (Bam Bam, Big Dick, 911, and Mike Awesome), flyers (Eddie, Rey Jr., Super Crazy, RVD), technicians (Jerry Lynn, Lance Storm,Eliminators, Taz, Tajiri, Little Guido), and hardcore guys (Balls & Axl, New Jack, Dudleys, Sandman, Raven, Tommy Dreamer), and Sexy Women aplenty. It just seemed ECW had something for everyone.

RAW or SmackDown!?: Smackdown for talent, Raw for out of ring shenanigans

How much wrestling (hours) do you watch on average per week?: 10/12

Ever been to a live event? If so, which ones and where?: Summerslam '92, and competed in shows for BCW, GBH, CSF, WI*LD and more around the UK.

What's your opinion on

- cruiserweights?: Great when allowed to do what they can do (ECW, WCW, Japan), not so good when they are hindered in their efforts (WWE).

- women's wrestling?: Good when it is wrestling and not some side-show T 'n' A.

- Vince's fascination with big men?: He knows what he likes, and you can't argue with the man's success. I just wish he wouldn't try and force the "WWE STYLE" onto every wrestler that comes through his door.

Does your partner enjoy wrestling? To what extent?: No. She dumped me becuase I was involved in the industry and wanted me to quit.

Do your friends and family enjoy wrestling? To what extent?: Yes, they enjoy it to various degrees. Interestingly my Mum hates wrestling unless RickMartell was on, then she would be glued to the TV like the rest of us.

Do you think British wrestling will ever be as popular as it was in the World Of Sport days?: It could be. TWC is a step closer.

- Pyrotecnics?: No. (Fire Safety Laws would prohibit this in some smaller venues.

- Good looking stage/entranceway?: Yes. The "BCW Arena" in Kilmarnock showcases this Beautifully

- Quality wrestling?: Yes

How far would you travel for a wrestling show, whether WWE or British?: If the show was worth it (WM21), then anywhere

£6-£40

Who is your favourite commentator of all time, and why?: Joey Styles, coz he just made it seem more real, and he knew what the moves were called. Although I do miss Gorilla(RIP) and Heenan for comedy value.

What is your favourite match of all time, and why?: WM7, Warrior v Savage. The emotion of the match just lifted it above anything else.

What is your favourite storyline of all timr, and why?: Austin v McMahon. Made the WWE unstoppable and gripped everyone. Also, most of the roster were involved at one time or another.

What match would you like to see, that's not yet ever happened?: WWE version of War Games

Would you like to watch more varieties of wrestling if it was available to you?: Yes

Ever dreamt of being a wrestler?: es, and dream fulfilled

Ever trained to be a wrestler?: yes

Are you proud to be a wrestling fan?: Damn skippy, Bub

Name: Andrew

How long have you been a wrestling fan?: 20ish years

How did you first come across it?: ITV World of Sport

What was your initial impression?: I was a kid, it was great

What kept you coming back to watch more?: I was a kid, it was great

Who is your current favourite wrestler and why?: AJ Styles, I am in awe of what he does in the ring and because he is not in the WWE I don't have to put up with him being in Crappy angles

Who is your all-time favourite wrestler and why?: 'Ravishing' Rick Rude, fantasic performer and involved in the match that made me scream at my T.V. the most (vs. Ultimate Warrior @ Summerslam)

What promotions do/did you watch (and enjoy)?: I watch everything I can, Iused to really enjoy the old NWA stuff that was on ITV real late about 12 years ago Freebirds, Road Warriors, 4 horsemen etc

Which promotion is your favourite and why?: Hard to say, I guess it varies match by match

RAW or SmackDown!?: See above

How much wrestling (hours) do you watch on average per week?: More than 10 and I hope less than 20

Ever been to a live event? If so, which ones and where?: No

What's your opinion on

- cruiserweights?: Depends on the cruiserweight

- women's wrestling?: It stratusfies me

- Vince's fascination with big men?: None of my business

Does your partner enjoy wrestling? To what extent?: NO, not at all and wonders why I like men in trunks

Do your friends and family enjoy wrestling? To what extent?: NO, see above

Do you think British wrestling will ever be as popular as it was in the World Of Sport days?: Yes, the FWA is coming to rule the world. Which means I should get off my arse ans support their events.

- Pyrotecnics?: No

- Good looking stage/entranceway?:Kind of

- Quality wrestling?:Yes Yes Yes

How far would you travel for a wrestling show, whether WWE or British?: WWe the bottom of my garden, Good British show anywhere in the UK

How much would you be willing to pay up to for both a WWE and UK show?: WWe tickets would have to be given, British ones £50 for a reasonable standard show

Who is your favourite commentator of all time, and why?: Jesse 'The Body' Ventura for the pearls such as "Win if You can lose if You must but always cheat"

What is your favourite match of all time, and why?: Ravishing One vs Ultimate Warrior

Summerslam. I was young it was amazing.

What is your favourite storyline of all timr, and why?: Never really thought about it

What match would you like to see, that's not yet ever happened?: AJ Styles vs RVD

Would you like to watch more varieties of wrestling if it was available to you?: I think TWC gives me all I need

Ever dreamt of being a wrestler?: No, would like to try comentary though

Ever trained to be a wrestler?:In the Greco Roman sense yes (Itrained Kick Punch Grapple Submission MMA style) in a pro-wrestling sense no.

*Deep Breath*

Name: Dave Cammies

How long have you been a wrestling fan?: Since about the age of 12

How did you first come across it?: My next door neighbour had sky when it initally came out and used to video the Simpsons and stuff for me. One day he taped an episode of WWF as well and I was hooked.

What was your initial impression?: I was intrigued. I can't really remember if I was impressed by the technical ability more likely it was the characters.

What kept you coming back to watch more?: I admit I'm a sucker for the gimmicks and the characters. One of the first shows I saw featured I.R.S. and I was fascinated. I quickly realised he was a heel but I was just really impressed by his ability. He was my first real mark.

Who is your current favourite wrestler and why?: See Below

Who is your all-time favourite wrestler and why?: Undertaker. As I said above I am a lover of the gimmick and the Undertakers was just great. Every time he entered the arena I would get a shiver down my spine. I liked the darkness and the power of the character. :worship

What promotions do/did you watch (and enjoy)?: Up until recently I'd only ever really seen WWF(E) and WCW but thanks to TWC I'm getting into the other feds TNA, CZW, ROH etc.

Which promotion is your favourite and why?: I think as much as I do like the other feds and criticise WWE it will always remain my fave. Its what I've grown up with (god thats makes me sound old) and its where my favourite wrestlers work.

RAW or SmackDown!?: I know most of the actual talent lies with Raw but whichever show Taker is on sways it. So Smackdown.

How much wrestling (hours) do you watch on average per week?: 5-6

Ever been to a live event? If so, which ones and where?: Unfortunately I haven't had the opportunity and have to settle for watching Sky a lot.

What's your opinion on

- cruiserweights?: If we are talking in terms of WWE then my first thought is, UNDERUSED. If you look at the likes of the X division in TNA then you can see the type of matches you can have with cruiserweights and how entertaining they can be. WWE though seems to view cruisers as little blokes that can be easily thrown around by the big blokes.

- women's wrestling?: As has been discussed on several threads recently I am happy to have women wrestling providing they are trained women wrestlers, who can have matches that are actually entertaining. If you are going to employ a woman to be a Diva then let her be just that and stay out of the actual ring.

- Vince's fascination with big men?: Can I give an opinion on this without being sued??? ;)

Does your partner enjoy wrestling? To what extent?: Nope, she thinks I'm a big kid and should grow up and watch more realistic shows like Eastenders. I'd rather die!!! :)

Do your friends and family enjoy wrestling? To what extent?: Many of them used to back in the good old days. But I think as I was the only one with Sky on a consistant basis everyone lost interest except me.

Do you think British wrestling will ever be as popular as it was in the World Of Sport days?: ONE-a TWO-a THREE-a................Sadly no. I think American wrestling/shows will always dominate our television and therefore for any British fed to break through Vince's and Americas general strangle hold on the sport needs to broken first. (Ain't gonna happen) :(

- Good looking stage/entranceway?: Kind Of

- Storylines/angles?: Kind Of (even if its only a tiny promo before a bout to put across why the fight is taking place as in the good old days)

How far would you travel for a wrestling show, whether WWE or British?: As at present I am without transport (I had a rather large car crash last year :( ) unfortunately I can't get too far. Not a very good excuse I know. But I'd love to go to the states and see a show. I'd love to experience a huge arena going absolutely nuts.

How much would you be willing to pay up to for both a WWE and UK show?: Providing I get to keep the shirt on my back I don't mind too much. If the line up is good then I wouldn't mind.

Who is your favourite commentator of all time, and why?: I'm going for HEENAN. HE came out with some absolute classic lines and as a support ing Heel like commentator he can't be beat. :worship

Have you ever taken part in an e-fed?: No (And I will admit to not knowing exactly what an e-fed is. Sorry)

What is your favourite match of all time, and why?: Now I'm going to go for a really strange choice. It was the very first match I saw between I.R.S. and some absolute nobody in a squash match. My reason is simple. I enjoyed that match so much that it started me off on my love of wrestling. From then on there have been countless other matches that I have seen and thought that I was great. But my fondest memory goes back to the very first match I saw. Wierd eh??? :D

What is your favourite storyline of all timr, and why?: I lloved the whole Corporation/Ministry/Corporate Ministry/Stone Cold screw job. The storyline went on for ages and it was great.

What match would you like to see, that's not yet ever happened?: It would probably be some insane match involving AJ Styles, Rey Mysterio, Low Ki and Chrisopher Daniels. I would just sit back and let the fun and games begin.

Would you like to watch more varieties of wrestling if it was available to you?: Crickey? How many varieties are there??

Ever dreamt of being a wrestler?: No I am far happier setting back and letting others risk life and limb. (I'm a coward in other words)

Ever trained to be a wrestler?: Nope. Unless there is a sudden demand for pale skinny guys to be wrestlers then the chances are I never will do either.

Are you proud to be a wrestling fan?: Certainly am.

Name: A.C.

How long have you been a wrestling fan?: Loved it in my early teens, forgot about it, then got back into it in 1999.

How did you first come across it?: WoS.

What was your initial impression?: The bestest thing ever for a bored kid.

What kept you coming back to watch more?: McManus, Johnny Saint.

Who is your current favourite wrestler and why?: Probably Stone Cold. I'd just love to be in the audience during his entrance.

Who is your all-time favourite wrestler and why?: Sasuke. The first time I saw him my jaw was on the FLOOR!

What promotions do/did you watch (and enjoy)?: WoS, WWF/E, Michinoku Pro, Toryumon, Memphis Rhythm & Bruise.

Which promotion is your favourite and why?: Probably WWE by default - the ubiquitousness of it and ease of access makes it the easy choice. I'm not always impressed, obviously.

RAW or SmackDown!?: At the moment, Raw.

How much wrestling (hours) do you watch on average per week?: Four-ish.

Ever been to a live event? If so, which ones and where?: A couple of WWE houseshows. Rebellion a couple years ago. (These were in Brum and Manchester). TWA in Bristol once or twice last year. Premier Promotions in WsM this year. Frontiers of Honor in Bethnall Green last year.

What's your opinion on

- cruiserweights?: Can be amazing. Can be cr@p.

- women's wrestling?: Can be amazing. Can be cr@p. More likely to be cr@p than the cruisers, though.

- Vince's fascination with big men?: Subconcious homo-erotic desires on Vinnie's part.

Does your partner enjoy wrestling? To what extent?: Nope.

Do your friends and family enjoy wrestling? To what extent?: Have a few friends who deride it. A few who enjoy it. Plenty that don't care either way.

Do you think British wrestling will ever be as popular as it was in the World Of Sport days?: No.

- Pyrotecnics?: No.

- Good looking stage/entranceway?: No.

- Storylines/angles?: No.

- Quality wrestling?: Yes.

How far would you travel for a wrestling show, whether WWE or British?: WWE - as long as I'm going with people I'd travel pretty much anywhere. Make it a bit of an expidition. British - I did Bethnall Green on my own travelling from Bristol so however far that is.

How much would you be willing to pay up to for both a WWE and UK show?: WWE: £100. British: Can't say - it really varies.

Who is your favourite commentator of all time, and why?: Whoever the commentator on the Flair/Race cage match on the Flair DVD. Solie? He really made it feel real. And he said "Soo-play" for suplex.

Have you ever taken part in an e-fed?: Yep. Had a great time doing it too.

What is your favourite storyline of all time, and why?:

I'll have to think about those three...

Would you like to watch more varieties of wrestling if it was available to you?: I have TWC and, to be honest, I find very little "appointment" viewing but plenty I can watch with my brain switched off. I love to see smaller Japanese feds like MPW and Toryumon (whatever it's called nowadays) with Mo Chatra's introductions explaining the stories and some of the promo's and comedy elements.

Ever dreamt of being a wrestler?: All the time. It'd never happen.

Ever trained to be a wrestler?: My mate Jamie and I discussed going to a wrestling school just for a day to get a flavour of it. I decided it's be a bit disrespectful just to go along as a "tourist" so we never bothered.

Are you proud to be a wrestling fan?: Hell yeah! Anyone who knows me knows that I'm not to big on listening to people's opinions of me.

Name: Jack

How long have you been a wrestling fan?: Since WCW was on ITV. I then started on WWF.

How did you first come across it?: British wrestling was starting to die then so people switched to WCW on ITV so I did too

What was your initial impression?: A lot better than any British stuff. It was like a cartoon or comic, like good vs evil but I thought it was real. That really got me into it.

What kept you coming back to watch more?: It was fun. Simple as really.

Who is your current favourite wrestler and why?: Not too sure really. No-one is impressing me too much right now. I suppose it would be HHH though

Who is your all-time favourite wrestler and why?: Hulk Hogan because he is the best ever. Bret Hart, Austin, Taker etc will never be as good as him

What promotions do/did you watch (and enjoy)?: WCW, WWF and WWE. I watch some TNA but it annoys me a lot. Its so corny and crap. Id rather stick pins in my eyes. The commentators are shocking to. I cant see anything good about TNA really.

Which promotion is your favourite and why?: WWE. Its just better than anything else.

RAW or SmackDown!?: RAW

How much wrestling (hours) do you watch on average per week?: RAW and SmackDown!, DVDs and matches. Probably about 10-15 hours

Ever been to a live event? If so, which ones and where?: I have but I cant remember it. It could of been Summerslam Spectacualar but Im not certain. Other than that I havent. They should of come to Manchester more

What's your opinion on

- cruiserweights?: Overrated. Waste of space. Some are good though

- women's wrestling?: I like some, like Trish, Victoria but aprt from that I dont bother too much.

- Vince's fascination with big men?: :roll Big men draw better than CWs and others so why not. I dont get why people say h has a 'fascination'. Its a bit stupid

Does your partner enjoy wrestling? To what extent?:N/A

Do your friends and family enjoy wrestling? To what extent?: No not really. They think its gay

Do you think British wrestling will ever be as popular as it was in the World Of Sport days?:LOL Not a chance. Maybe if it was good it would but its really awful. I cant describe how bad it is.

- Good looking stage/entranceway?: No

- Quality wrestling?: No

How far would you travel for a wrestling show, whether WWE or British?: I wouldnt go anywhere to see British wrestling. As for WWE Id go quite far but not too far.

How much would you be willing to pay up to for both a WWE and UK show?: UK-They would have to pay me to watch.WWE-Id pay about £50

Who is your favourite commentator of all time, and why?: Gorilla Monsoon was good I always thought. He added excitement into matches for me

Have you ever taken part in an e-fed?: Yes

What is your favourite match of all time, and why?: Hulk Hogan vs Ultimate Warrior

What is your favourite storyline of all time, and why?: Not a clue. Ill probably edit this when I can be bothered to think about it in detail

What match would you like to see, that's not yet ever happened?: Austin vs Hogan

Would you like to watch more varieties of wrestling if it was available to you?: Depends. Id like to see more Japanese wrestling but no TNA or UK filth to be on my TV

Are you proud to be a wrestling fan?: I dont know what that means really. Im not proud or ashamed. I just watch it

Edited by Jack

Guest BWS Soldier

Name: James Felton

How long have you been a wrestling fan?: 10 years on and off

How did you first come across it?: i watched the Saturday afternoon wrestling on ITV

What was your initial impression?: exciting

What kept you coming back to watch more?: just the skill and entertainment

Who is your current favourite wrestler and why?: Randy Orton

Who is your all-time favourite wrestler and why?: The Rock

What promotions do/did you watch (and enjoy)?: WCW was quite good i like to watch thunder and nitro i watch WWE all the time i enjoy that alot

Which promotion is your favourite and why?: WWE because they are more entertaining

RAW or SmackDown!?: Smackdown when The rock is not on Raw lol

How much wrestling (hours) do you watch on average per week?: 7

Ever been to a live event? If so, which ones and where?: Rebellion 2003 at Manchester, Wrestlemania revenge, tour of defiance, tour de force, Raw live at manchester

What's your opinion on

- cruiserweights?: i think they are great very entertaining and i like high spots

- women's wrestling?: :roll not to sure sometimes it's not too bad

- Vince's fascination with big men?: dunno i quite like big wrestlers Batista, Brock, Big Show, Snitsky and reigns

Does your partner enjoy wrestling? To what extent?: no but she will watch it sometimes

Do your friends and family enjoy wrestling? To what extent?: my sister and my mum and Dad do but my brother does not

Do you think British wrestling will ever be as popular as it was in the World Of Sport days?: don't know yeah maybe

How far would you travel for a wrestling show, whether WWE or British?: very far ive travelled about 90 miles once to watch WWE

How much would you be willing to pay up to for both a WWE and UK show?: ive payed £250 for a WWE event actually twice

Who is your favourite commentator of all time, and why?: The King

What is your favourite match of all time, and why?: that's a hard one probably Brock Vs Kurt Angle at Wrestlemania purely for the great wrestling

What is your favourite storyline of all timr, and why?: another hard one dunno!

What match would you like to see, that's not yet ever happened?: Randy Orton vs The Rock

Would you like to watch more varieties of wrestling if it was available to you?: Yes

Ever trained to be a wrestler?: Yes

Are you proud to be a wrestling fan?: Yes

Name: wyndorf

How long have you been a wrestling fan?: 14 years

How did you first come across it?: My Dad's friend's son gave me some tapes.

What was your initial impression?: "This is great"

What kept you coming back to watch more?: I can't really pin-point a particuler thing, just the whole show had me in a state of reverence.

Who is your current favourite wrestler and why?: Christian, great wrestler who has loads of charisma and really entertains me.

Who is your all-time favourite wrestler and why?:Ax and Smash, Demolition, they were just hard nuts, and there music kicks ass, but there are many.

What promotions do/did you watch (and enjoy)?: WWF/E, WCW, FWA and TNA (occasionally)

Which promotion is your favourite and why?: WWF/E, it will forever be the biggest spectacle in wrestling

RAW or SmackDown!?: RAW

How much wrestling (hours) do you watch on average per week?: 10

Ever been to a live event? If so, which ones and where?: WWF-Wembly Stadium, WWF Brighton centure, both years ago.

What's your opinion on

- cruiserweights?: It all depends on the wrestlers, I'm not fussed at the weight class, just that I'm entertained.

- women's wrestling?: Now this I'm not really a fan of, bearing in mind I've only seen WWF/E womens matches, but they don't seem to be anywhere near the level of the male wrestlers.

- Vince's fascination with big men?: Sometimes he finds great talent, other times his finds are dire, I think the whole show would be improved by hireing guys that are good sports entertainers

Does your partner enjoy wrestling? To what extent?: No, she doesn't, I wish she would though.

Do your friends and family enjoy wrestling? To what extent?: Not really.

Do you think British wrestling will ever be as popular as it was in the World Of Sport days?: Yes.

- Pyrotecnics?: no

- Good looking stage/entranceway?: yes

- Storylines/angles?: yes

- Quality wrestling?: yes

How far would you travel for a wrestling show, whether WWE or British?: I'd go to a local show if it was local, eg 10 miles, WWE, maybee 100 miles

How much would you be willing to pay up to for both a WWE and UK show?: £20 for a local show, I'd pay whatever it takes to get a ringside WWE seat, If only she'd let me.

Who is your favourite commentator of all time, and why?: Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan, the funniest wrestling personality ever

Have you ever taken part in an e-fed?: no

What is your favourite match of all time, and why?: I can't say I have one favourite, there have been loads of matches I've enjoyed immensely.

What is your favourite storyline of all timr, and why?: ditto

What match would you like to see, that's not yet ever happened?: Demolition vs Edge and Chistian.

Are you proud to be a wrestling fan?:Very!

Name: Chris

How long have you been a wrestling fan?: 15 Years

How did you first come across it?: Tape of Summerslam 89

What was your initial impression?: That violence is both entertaining and the solution to all lifes problems.

What kept you coming back to watch more?: I enjoyed it.

What promotions do/did you watch (and enjoy)?: I'd pretty much watch any free wrestling available from WWE to USWA best of tapes they used to sell in Tesco.

Which promotion is your favourite and why?: Ring of Honor, it gives me what I want from a product.

RAW or SmackDown!?: RAW has the far stronger roster but SmackDown! seems to have more direction.

How much wrestling (hours) do you watch on average per week?: Between 4 - 12

Ever been to a live event? If so, which ones and where?: Two WWE Belfast shows and some local shows years ago.

What's your opinion on

- cruiserweights?: Adds depth to a roster/show and provides something different

- women's wrestling?: Outside of Japan its worthless

- Vince's fascination with big men?: Bad for business

Does your partner enjoy wrestling? To what extent?: No

Do your friends and family enjoy wrestling? To what extent?: No

Do you think British wrestling will ever be as popular as it was in the World Of Sport days?: No, too many people are reluctant to try something outside of WWE.

- Pyrotecnics?:

- Storylines/angles?: Depends of how frequent they run and how confident the talent are woth handling promos.

How far would you travel for a wrestling show, whether WWE or British?: Within an hour.

How much would you be willing to pay up to for both a WWE and UK show?: $50 WWE, £20 UK.

Who is your favourite commentator of all time, and why?: Joey Styles, different from the usual suspects.

What is your favourite match of all time, and why?: Too many to mention just one.

What is your favourite storyline of all timr, and why?: Owen Hart/Bret Hart split

What match would you like to see, that's not yet ever happened?: Benoit vs American Dragon

Would you like to watch more varieties of wrestling if it was available to you?: I have a pretty large varriety all ready available from WWE, TWC, BitTorrent, traders etc

Are you proud to be a wrestling fan?: Yes, I just don't tell anyone.

Name: Kris Baillie

How long have you been a wrestling fan?: about 5 years

How did you first come across it?: went to cousins house and watched it

What was your initial impression?: amazing

What kept you coming back to watch more?: excitement

What promotions do/did you watch (and enjoy)?: WWE TNA

Which promotion is your favourite and why?: WWE big names and its exciting

RAW or SmackDown!?:

How much wrestling (hours) do you watch on average per week?: 8

Ever been to a live event? If so, which ones and where?: Yes Glasgow twice and Rebellion in Sheffield and Manchester

What's your opinion on

- cruiserweights?: different to your heavyweight

- women's wrestling?: good in Japan but nowhere else

- Vince's fascination with big men?: bring the viewers on dont see a problem

Does your partner enjoy wrestling? To what extent?: no

Do your friends and family enjoy wrestling? To what extent?: my cousin the same as me but everyone else not as much as me

Do you think British wrestling will ever be as popular as it was in the World Of Sport days?: yes

- Pyrotecnics?: kind of

- Good looking stage/entranceway?: no

- Storylines/angles?: kind of

How far would you travel for a wrestling show, whether WWE or British?: to america

How much would you be willing to pay up to for both a WWE and UK show?: depends wot show

Who is your favourite commentator of all time, and why?: as long as they make it sound real

Have you ever taken part in an e-fed?: no

What is your favourite match of all time, and why?: too many

What is your favourite storyline of all timr, and why?: dunno

What match would you like to see, that's not yet ever happened?:Orton vs Rock

Would you like to watch more varieties of wrestling if it was available to you?: yes

Ever dreamt of being a wrestler?: yes

Ever trained to be a wrestler?: no

Are you proud to be a wrestling fan?:yes

Guest Kakarot

Name: Richard Lewis

How long have you been a wrestling fan?: 4 years since I started watching it again, although I used to be a fan when I was really young as well.

How did you first come across it?: Someone brough a tape into school when I was 15, hookedfrom thereon out. Then I read Mick Foeys book andstarted watchng it full time again

What was your initial impression?: Guys kicking the crap out of each other, whats not to like.

What kept you coming back to watch more?: The Triple H/ Rock fued, simple as

Who is your current favourite wrestler and why?: Kurt Angle, there is nothing this guy does that bores me.

Who is your all-time favourite wrestler and why?: Mick Foley, he got me back into wrestling. And looking back at his matches makes my respect for him grow by the day.

What promotions do/did you watch (and enjoy)?: Always WWF/E, When I was about 4, I was A Hulkamaniac in training, as provn by the tons of videos and games I found that Id forgotten about. Then When I started again, The Undertaker hadjust come back, and Triple H and the Rock were at hteir best, it's never been better in my eyes. And more recently TNA, just because the alternative is getting so stale.

Which promotion is your favourite and why?: WWE, because its still the biggest, and has some of the best wrestlers in the world. (Alright 3 at most, but it's a start) but I cant see it staying that way

RAW or SmackDown!?: Changes every week

How much wrestling (hours) do you watch on average per week?: 5/6

Ever been to a live event? If so, which ones and where?: No

What's your opinion on

- cruiserweights?: Whre do I start, can be the most exciting thing on a card. They do things you simply couldn't see with the bigger guys. The best guys can keep you on the edge of your seat for as long as they damn well want. But I dont need to explain the current situation in WWE.

- women's wrestling?: Only see WWE, and they do have some great talent, but Vince seems determined to make it as slutty and edmining as possible. I would love to see a competitive division, but as long as Torrie and Stacy are allowed to wrestle it aint gonna happen

- Vince's fascination with big men?: Really? He kept that quiet That explains why he keeps making out with every available Diva. Well Vince, you aint fooling anyone.

Does your partner enjoy wrestling? To what extent?: Dont have one.

Do your friends and family enjoy wrestling? To what extent?: Some of them are wrestling nuts, others coudn't give a toss. My brother has 'grown out of it' as he says.

Do you think British wrestling will ever be as popular as it was in the World Of Sport days?: I dont think I was alive back then

- Good looking stage/entranceway?: Well not fantastic, but a bit of effort would be appreciated

- Storylines/angles?: Not if it was a one off show. A few grudge matches that have been established in other promotions maybe, but othr than that no.

- Quality wrestling?: That why I bought the ticket

How far would you travel for a wrestling show, whether WWE or British?: Anywhere in the UK, but if I somehow got a ticket for Wrestlemania or any of the major PPV's, I would go anywere.

How much would you be willing to pay up to for both a WWE and UK show?: couple of hundred for a op class WWE event.

Who is your favourite commentator of all time, and why?: JR, yes he's gtten annoying, but he's still better than Michael Cole. Hell Garteth Gates would be better than Michaels Cole and 'I look hard because I shrug my shoulders and wear shades indoors' Tazz.

Have you ever taken part in an e-fed?: Nope

What is your favourite match of all time, and why?:Im gonna have to say Hogan/Rock. I mean I dont think there will be another moment or crowd like it. It still gives me goosebumps wathing it.

What is your favourite storyline of all time, and why?: The Kurt/HHH/Stephanie love triangle. So many classic moments, only shame was the ending. But Kurt bringing out a toy money in a pram is a quality image and more than make up for it.

What match would you like to see, that's not yet ever happened?: Rob Van Dam versus anyone for the WWE title

Would you like to watch more varieties of wrestling if it was available to you?: Probably yeah.

Ever dreamt of being a wrestler?: On;y a pipe dream, I honestly dont think I have the drive or passion to make it a reality

Ever trained to be a wrestler?: Nope

Are you proud to be a wrestling fan?: I wouldn't say proud, but Im definitly not ashamed of it, It's just something I like to watch.

Name: Andy Telford

How long have you been a wrestling fan?: 12yrs

How did you first come across it?: Cousin went to Summerlslam '92 at Wembley and showed me the video

What was your initial impression?: awesome athletisism

What kept you coming back to watch more?: characters, enjoyed rivalrys between faces and heels

Who is your current favourite wrestler and why?: Triple H - great worker as either heel or face, both in ring and mic skills

Who is your all-time favourite wrestler and why?: Bret Hart - grew up wathcing Bret Hart - was ultimate face at this time

What promotions do/did you watch (and enjoy)?: only ever watched WWF/E

Which promotion is your favourite and why?: WWE, never introduced to new promotions and didnt have television access to any other shows

RAW or SmackDown!?: Raw all the way

How much wrestling (hours) do you watch on average per week?: 6hrs, but I own every single WWF/WWE DVD ever released so I tend to watch these when I buy them as soon as they come out - watch the classic matches now and again

Ever been to a live event? If so, which ones and where?: Rebellion 2002 Manchester, Smackdown Wrestlemania Revenge 2004, Sheffield, RAW Tour of Defiance 2004, Birmingham, WWE RAW live taping Manchester

What's your opinion on - cruiserweights?: best part of smackdown! without the greatest live matches I've seen have been from cruiserweights

women's wrestling?: no interest

Vince's fascination with big men?: if utilised and directed properly - vince can create monsters - i.e taker, kane, brock (in my opinion has not happend to big show)

Does your partner enjoy wrestling? To what extent?: no

Do your friends and family enjoy wrestling? To what extent?: have got a few friends into it

Do you think British wrestling will ever be as popular as it was in the World Of Sport days?: cant see it happening without the funding or the necessary creative direction

- Good looking stage/entranceway?: kind of

How far would you travel for a wrestling show, whether WWE or British?: anywhere on the mainland UK

UP TO £60

Tony Schivoane - had the wrestling knowledge and could make a boring situation seem exciting

Have you ever taken part in an e-fed?: yes, luckily was The Rock so I couldnt lose!

What is your favourite match of all time, and why?: Bret Har vs Austin Wrestlemania 13, my 2 favourite wrestler one on one in a brutal and well told match

What is your favourite storyline of all timr, and why?: Austin vs McMahon - sheer genius because everyone wants to pound their boss

What match would you like to see, that's not yet ever happened?: Triple H vs Bret Hart (on a larger scale)

Would you like to watch more varieties of wrestling if it was available to you?: not really

Ever dreamt of being a wrestler?: always!

Ever trained to be a wrestler?: no, work out tho!

Are you proud to be a wrestling fan?:absolutely, wrestling is the kind of sport that many people try to hide in themselves as they feel its only for losers or kids - I have never seen it that way - its theatre - its sports entertainment

Edited by Telf

Guest The Beltster

Name: Chris Page

How long have you been a wrestling fan?: 20 Years

How did you first come across it?: Cable TV

What was your initial impression?: Loved it, it drew me in straight away.

What kept you coming back to watch more?: Hulk Hogan

Who is your current favourite wrestler and why?: Hulk Hogan is now and always will be my favourite wrestler. He is the greatest of all time, the biggest icon and makes me feel good when I watch him. Brings back alot of great memories, the man.

Who is your all-time favourite wrestler and why?: See above

What promotions do/did you watch (and enjoy)?: Grew up watchinf the WWF in 1984, started watching WCW in 1991 and stopped in 2000. Stopped following WWE in the last 12 months, still watch the PPV's but nothing else unless I'm bored.

Which promotion is your favourite and why?: WWF was my favourite, had all my favourite guys, events, angles etc.

RAW or SmackDown!?: Neither

How much wrestling (hours) do you watch on average per week?: 6-7 hours of classic WWF and WCW DVD's and videos.

Ever been to a live event? If so, which ones and where?: Many. SummerSlam 92 in Wembley, loads of WWF/WWE UK only PPV's and house shows.

What's your opinion on

- cruiserweights?: I dont care for acrobatics 99% of the time.

- women's wrestling?: Its fun for what it is, Japanese is better but boring to me.

- Vince's fascination with big men?: I prefer the big men style, but the current crop of no-gimmick big men suck. Big guys who cant work too well need an interesting gimmick to cover their in-ring shortcomings.

Does your partner enjoy wrestling? To what extent?: Yes, my g/f has watched wrestling since 1989, long before we ever even met. She also finds todays WWE product to be crap.

Do your friends and family enjoy wrestling? To what extent?: No, not since the WWF boom of the 80's and early 90's ended.

Do you think British wrestling will ever be as popular as it was in the World Of Sport days?: No, never.

- Quality wrestling?: Maybe

How far would you travel for a wrestling show, whether WWE or British?: 250 miles would be my max travel in the UK.

How much would you be willing to pay up to for both a WWE and UK show?: WWE show maybe £40 for a ticket if the card looked good, UK show between £5-10.

Who is your favourite commentator of all time, and why?: Jesse Ventura. I loved his style, his voice was booming, he was great.

Have you ever taken part in an e-fed?: No.

What is your favourite match of all time, and why?: Hulk Hogan vs Ultimate Warrior. Everything about it at that time screamed MAIN EVENT. The two most over guys ever facing off in front of a huge sizzling Toronto croud with both the top WWF titles on the line, my two all time favourites, it never got any better than that.

What is your favourite storyline of all timr, and why?: Hulk Hogan vs Randy Savage, Mega Powers year long friendship/split. It was booked to perfection.

What match would you like to see, that's not yet ever happened?: Hulk Hogan vs HBK or Hogan vs Austin.

Would you like to watch more varieties of wrestling if it was available to you?: Not really, the overall state of the business is poor right now.

Ever dreamt of being a wrestler?: I was a wrestler from the lat 90's until late 2001.

Ever trained to be a wrestler?: Yes.

Are you proud to be a wrestling fan?: Not anymore.

Name: James Spencer esquire

How long have you been a wrestling fan?: 12 years

How did you first come across it?: Through friends, i did'nt have sky. but people would lend me wwf videos. the first event i saw was Summerslam 89 with Hogan and brutus v savage and zeus, i thought zeus was a monster.

What was your initial impression?: Wow that zeus is a monster!

What kept you coming back to watch more?: God knows, maybe i just wanted to see thae bad guys get there asses kicked

Who is your current favourite wrestler and why?: Kurt angle, i just think the guy has it all, he is the total package

Who is your all-time favourite wrestler and why?: Bret Hart, i guess it come with alway s following the good guy add to that that he was a fantastic in ring technician

What promotions do/did you watch (and enjoy)?: All the usual stuff WWF/E WCW, ECW, not really catching the TNA buzz but i still watch it.

Which promotion is your favourite and why?: WWE it's what i've watched week in week out and it's mainstream

RAW or SmackDown!?: Raw

How much wrestling (hours) do you watch on average per week?: probably about 8 hours but it can depend if i'm in a wrestling mood.

Ever been to a live event? If so, which ones and where?: Indeed i have rebellion 01 and 02 both in Manchester, Tour de force in Sheffield (i broke up with the girlfriend at this event) Tour de fiance manchester. And both the Raw and Smackdown tapings in October. i also went to a GPW show in Blackburn but they did'nt have a ring and the show got cancelled.

What's your opinion on

- cruiserweights?: great to watch and should get more time in the mainstream US mexico nad japan are there main grounds though.

- women's wrestling?: If they can wrestle fine, but if they can't there aint much space for you. Unless you have a legs like Keibler.

- Vince's fascination with big men?: what ever takes your fancy, people in Japan prefer smaller Vince like the bigger man it's just life.

Does your partner enjoy wrestling? To what extent?: Nope

Do your friends and family enjoy wrestling? To what extent?: my cousin watches

Do you think British wrestling will ever be as popular as it was in the World Of Sport days?: nope, not if British Wrestling is like the show i went to see in Blackburn.

- Good looking stage/entranceway?: no

How far would you travel for a wrestling show, whether WWE or British?: I would go to the states for wrestlemania, but i would travel within a few hour drive for a quality British show.

How much would you be willing to pay up to for both a WWE and UK show?: WWE i would pay a decent amount £50 -£60 a British much less maybe £25 top whack.

Who is your favourite commentator of all time, and why?: Heyman just fantastic to hear rabbit on

Have you ever taken part in an e-fed?: Nope

What is your favourite match of all time, and why?: Undertaker v Mankind KOTR 98

What is your favourite storyline of all time, and why?: Austin v Mcmahon

What match would you like to see, that's not yet ever happened?: Lesnar v Triple H

Would you like to watch more varieties of wrestling if it was available to you?: Nope, they would more and likely suck big style.

Ever dreamt of being a wrestler?: nope

Ever trained to be a wrestler?: nope

Are you proud to be a wrestling fan?:Most of the time.