Fan Clubs Network

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Kurt Angle and Daniel Puder on Smackdown? Was it real?

Guest 1wrestlingfan

Guest 1wrestlingfan

Hi does anyone here know if on Smackdown last week when Kurt Angle made that challenge and Daniel Puder excepted, was that staged? Or was that the real deal? I read bits and pieces around the net that it was not set up and Kurt Angle did not expect Daniel Puder who I think was a UFC fighter, to throw down like he did, and Kurt Angle you could tell after that, was saying something to him and looked really upset, and Puder kind of put his head down and shook Kurt Angles hand, but does anyone have thoughts on this? Was this not planned? Thank you.

Lance

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BWS Soldier
yeah i think it was really but the key lock that pude had locked on angle looked pretty real and it was locked to perfection there was no way Angle was getting out of that puder had Angle's leg locked aswell there was just no way out of it and if the ref didn't count puder either would have won his first match or put Angle in hospital

Guest 1wrestlingfan
Thanks for the input, yeah I agree with both of you, that was interesting though, I like when things sometimes go out of text and happen like that, I still remember years ago when Scott Steiner was ripping on Rick Flair, and it was not scripted that way either.

Ow. Am I right in saying that the move is basically meant to hurt because its almost breaking the arm? I have no idea about these types of things so somebody please explain.

I have to admit it looks almost as if he's going to break Angle's arm there... Wonder what the hell was going through Angle's mind at that moment in time!

I don't see why Puder should be made to feel bad though, he just did what he was supposed to do... whats wrong with that?

Guest 1wrestlingfan
great clip! but Kurt Angle is no push over, he just has not trained I imagine in submission type moves, but lets be realistic if someone would train him in that style with some submission moves, with the knowledge he has in wrestling already, he would be a bad boy and that's not saying he's not one now, no matter what anyone says your not going to win gold for your country in wrestling and not be able to throw down.

Guest Mr Dragon
Ow. Am I right in saying that the move is basically meant to hurt because its almost breaking the arm? I have no idea about these types of things so somebody please explain.

Yes... if he held on for a second or two longer Angle would have sustained a serious injury. It's to his credit - or unfamiliarity with the move - that Angle didn't tap to it, most MMA fighters would have tapped right away to a kimura locked in that deep.

ok, just one thing could somebody tell me what this means... "pwned" because I've been seeing it doing the rounds for years and never understood what it stood for.

ok, i'd imagined it might be something like that but i never understood why because it's not an abbreviation, it's just a pointless replacing of one of the letters to make it sound like you're trying to flog something to a broker to get some spare cash before going and buying it back off him later on.

However, Angle did indeed get his ass handed to him and if they weren't such idiots they could turn this into a huge angle but they won't at all. Tough Enough stinks and has always stunk, it has never interested me in the slightest until this Puder guy comes on Smackdown and nearly breaks Kurt Angle's arm.

Quite what they were doing is beyond me, imagine if Puder had got him into any sort of hold that put pressure on the neck.

I love it though, Angle's made to look like an idiot, WWE are made to look dumb and UFC is made to look great all in the space of about 10 seconds.

From what I gather (Google anyway) this is where Pwned came from

pwned

1. The origins of "pwned" are debated but there are two possible sources:

a. A prominent quake player mis spelled "owned" and the new word "pwned" was adopted by people who thought it was "1337".

b. A warcraft map designer misspelled "owned" and thus people started using "pwned" instead.

The definitions are as follows:

In video games:

1. Completely annihilated or dominated.

2. Perfectly owned, meaning the other player did not do any damage.

yeah I always just assumed it came from a typo, but ahh, who cares. As my signature suggests I still own people, none of this pwning for me.

Guest Mr Dragon

I think Angle's ego got the better of him in this case. He saw a kid with very little training and thought he would be a push over. While he was certainly exposed Angle might have been expecting an amateur wrestling match rather than no holds barred and got caught out. That's not to say he himself wasn't taking liberties in the segment, he apparantly broke a rib of the kid who was in the ring with him first.

At least this should stop the idea of Angle being able to hold in own against legit shoot fighters for a while though.

As for UFC looking good, I don't know, Tazz was playing down the significance on the commentary. Though let me say I remember Taz requiring the presence of the entire locker room when he took on Paul Varleans just in case that turned into a shoot.

Thing is, casual fans wouldn't understand the significance, but for the people that know it made UFC look good.

As for Varelans it took the whole roster there, and Missy Hyatt to have been sucking Varelans off all week to make sure he did the job and it didn't turn into Tazz getting his ass kicked. There's obviously no doubt Varelans could have taken him but it was of course a work and they were scared to death that Varelans wasn;t being genuine in promising to job.

Guest the_orton_mark
If it was a shoot match then Kurt Angle has no-one to blame. he should be good enough to realise that he was going into the ring with and Ultimate Fighter. I've watche da hell of a lot of UFC and those guys are not to be taken lightly. But still, nearly losing to a standing Kimura is bad. The fact that Puder brought him down to the ground with it and had it so perfect locked in that Angle could only get one shoulder down for three. That kid may win it.

Guest Anime Otaku
it depends who makes the final decision, i think most fans will vote for him but if vince has the final say it may go against him

i think the whole thing was lame

Angle is a pro wrestler not a UFC fighter

when Angle called Puder in the ring he called him in to wrestle not fight UFC style.

Its like kicking someone in a boxing match.

I'm sure moves like that are banned in the wwe anyway

i think puder will be lucky if he is allowed to continue in tough enough

he embarrassed and nearly seriously injured one of their superstars

if he is allowed to continue i have no doubts he will win it for sure