Fan Clubs Network

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Hulk Hogan for WWE Champion

Guest The Beltster

Guest The Beltster

I just read that Hulk Hogan wants to come back as the 80's Hulkster who beats everybody etc, but Vince and WWE arent interested, they would prefer him to come back and put people over etc...

Now, they tried this last time, and jobbing Hulk Hogan out didnt work, and never will, because like I said before, it totally goes against his gimmick and unless he goes over all the time, he loses his appeal and the gimmick is worthless.

He HAS to be able to be Hulk Hogan with Hulkamania running wild if he is a pro wrestler, there is no other way. Sure, he should put people over SOMETIMES, when it means something, but other than that, he shouldnt.

Now, before alot of you p*ss you're pants and say "Oh Hogan is past it blah blah blah" thats BS. First of all, he is in better shape that 75% of the roster and looks more like a pro wrestler than 99% of them. (Sure, his legs may be knackered, but if he can still go to at least the level he did in 2003, which was more than acceptable, then I dont see the problem here.

Secondly, he is over like hell and the biggest name star EVER. Sure, he doesnt pull ratings or buyrates anymore, but neither does HHH, JBL, Cena, Orton, Batista or ANYBODY else, so putting the belt on him wouldnt ake things worse.

Thirdly, wrestling is FAKE. EVERYBODY knows its fake, so Hogan being 50 doesnt make anything less believable, because nobody believes it anyways, its promoted as being a work these days, so the age thing means nothing and like I already said, a 50 year old in Hogans shape is more than believable beating a green horn inexperienced kid like Orton, Cena and all the other OVW guys who make up over 80% of the roster.

Lastly, why would Hulk Hogan be any worse of a champion than JBL? JBL has held the belt for 10 months, and hasnt done anything for business, yet nobody shits on him. If Hogan was WWE champion for 10 months and had the ratings and buyrates of JBL, EVERYBODY would be calling Hulk a failure as champion and stating that the reason he is failing is because he is old and everybody has seen it all before etc...obviously that arguement holds no water because JBL isnt 50 and this is his first ever title run, and he isnt a sucess as champ. Having Hogan as champ wouldnt be any worse, thats for damn sure.

I say Vince and WWE bring Hogan back and let him be the 1980's Hulk Hogan, yellow trunks, Real American, pretty decent position on the card and stick the WWE title on him and bring back some worth to it. Its not going to make things any worse, and tell me who is a better candidate? John Cena? LMAO! Dont make me laugh. I guarentee you when Cena becomes WWE champion, SD! ratings wont change and the show will still suck ass.

They could stick the WWE title on Eddie Guererro again, and he would fail like he did last time...who else is there? A cruiser guy? Ha, load of crap, they couldnt draw if they were in a Crayola factory. What about Big Show? Eh, maybe, but it wouldnt help ratings or anything else...Angle? Probably the best candidate IMO, but his body is in much worse shape than even Hogans, plus he wouldnt help ratings either.

So, for anybody who uses the "Hulk wont help business" excuse in their argument, save it, because NOBODY is helping business and that includes the so-called saviour of SD!, John Cena.

Thats my opinion anyways, Hulk Hogan for WWE Champion - 2005. 1 Year reign minimum.

Are any of you getting all wound up yet? :lol Discuss :thumbsup :xyx :D

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Y2James
I would like Hulk to comeback and take the tittle that would be great. You say that Hulk will not help ratings, well my brother dislikes wrestling (he will watch it occasionally) but he loves Hulk Hogan, he has all the videos etc. Im sure if Hulk made a return my brother would watch it every week, and im sure there is more out there like him.

So, for anybody who uses the "Hulk wont help business" excuse in their argument, save it, because NOBODY is helping business and that includes the so-called saviour of SD!, John Cena.

So if Hogan wont help buisness either for more than a couple of weeks then why bother? He would cost more than 3 indy talents, one of whom MAY turn into the next big thing!

Remember WCW did the stupid 'we need a rush job boost' and look where it got them.

Anyway, Im all for Hogan returning, but on a mid card level, he just doesnt mesh with the top guys anymore. Why let him have a snorefest with JBL when he could have a corker with Shelton? Its PURELY ego that makes him want to run wild on the WWE roster.

Remember kids, look to the future.

Guest StunningS2
You raise an interesting topic. I was never a Hogan fan back in the 80’s/90’s but popped big time for his nostalgia returns in the last couple of years. I think it would be great to see him up against JBL on Smackdown. The matches might sound terrible, but JBL is a good heel and Hogan would be mega over as a face. The two could have some really entertaining brawls for the title. I don’t see the need for Hogan to get the belt back though, I’d like to see Layfield keep the title till Summerslam(or at least until a credible successor can be found instead of John Cena).

Guest The Beltster
So if Hogan wont help buisness either for more than a couple of weeks then why bother? He would cost more than 3 indy talents' date=' one of whom MAY turn into the next big thing![/quote']

Thats my point, people say why bother with Hulk Hogan, the biggest name star ever and who is over more than anybody else plus would be worth his salary in merchandise sales alone, but they dont say "why bother?" with JBL, Cena and all these other guys who are no more better for business than Hogan would be. You see what I'm saying?

As for the indy guys...nah, no indy guy will be the next big thing, they arent trained to work the WWE style, indy guys all want to be cruiser-style wrestlers with all that crap acrobatics garbage.

Anyway' date=' Im all for Hogan returning, but on a mid card level, he just doesnt mesh with the top guys anymore. Why let him have a snorefest with JBL when he could have a corker with Shelton? Its PURELY ego that makes him want to run wild on the WWE roster.[/quote']

Hogan couldnt keep up with Shelton, but he could have decent brawls with JBL and Big Show, guys who suit Hogans style more. A match with JBL, IMO, wouldnt be a snorefest, it would be great, a legit 80's style big man brawl, whereas putting him with the guys like Shelton would expose him way too much. And yes, it is his ego, no doubt, BUT its not like its any worse having Hogan on top of SD! than it is having JBL, Booker T, Big Show, Undertaker etc on top

Remember kids' date=' look to the future.[/quote']

The future is full of OVW guys who dont know how to work, like Chris Masters...I prefer to look to the past to bring back guys who can help teach the younger guys, the future is too bleak! :lol

Is it confirmed he will be at Mania against Hassan.

Really? Are you sure? If thats true, thats GREAT! Where did you read that dude?

Guest Y2James

Really? Are you sure? If thats true, thats GREAT! Where did you read that dude?

Put a question mark at the end of my sentance and re read it :xyx

Guest The Beltster
Heh, thats a funny poster, I have to admit, although I obviously disagree with whats on it....if I had to sit and watch Chris Benoit and ECW DVD's all day, I'd end up shooting myself in the face.

Guest The Beltster
Put a question mark at the end of my sentance and re read it :xyx

Damn, my excitement took over for a second there and I became dyslexic :lol I have heard Austin will get Hassan at WM21, even though it makes zero character sense.

he is over like hell and the biggest name star EVER. Sure, he doesnt pull ratings or buyrates anymore, but neither does HHH, JBL, Cena, Orton, Batista or ANYBODY else, so putting the belt on him wouldnt ake things worse.

Thirdly, wrestling is FAKE. EVERYBODY knows its fake, so Hogan being 50 doesnt make anything less believable, because nobody believes it anyways, its promoted as being a work these days, so the age thing means nothing and like I already said, a 50 year old in Hogans shape is more than believable beating a green horn inexperienced kid like Orton, Cena and all the other OVW guys who make up over 80% of the roster.

Lastly, why would Hulk Hogan be any worse of a champion than JBL? JBL has held the belt for 10 months, and hasnt done anything for business, yet nobody shits on him. If Hogan was WWE champion for 10 months and had the ratings and buyrates of JBL, EVERYBODY would be calling Hulk a failure as champion and stating that the reason he is failing is because he is old and everybody has seen it all before etc...obviously that arguement holds no water because JBL isnt 50 and this is his first ever title run, and he isnt a sucess as champ. Having Hogan as champ wouldnt be any worse, thats for damn sure.

I say Vince and WWE bring Hogan back and let him be the 1980's Hulk Hogan, yellow trunks, Real American, pretty decent position on the card and stick the WWE title on him and bring back some worth to it. Its not going to make things any worse, and tell me who is a better candidate? John Cena? LMAO! Dont make me laugh. I guarentee you when Cena becomes WWE champion, SD! ratings wont change and the show will still suck ass.

They could stick the WWE title on Eddie Guererro again, and he would fail like he did last time...who else is there? A cruiser guy? Ha, load of crap, they couldnt draw if they were in a Crayola factory. What about Big Show? Eh, maybe, but it wouldnt help ratings or anything else...Angle? Probably the best candidate IMO, but his body is in much worse shape than even Hogans, plus he wouldnt help ratings either.

Just going with the last parts of your argument, what difference does it make who they put the belt on, if it won't make the show any worse/improve ratings? Hogan would be cool to have back but, as you say, he would be no worse than JBL, why change it? For you to say he would be no worse, you aren't saying he would be any better, or better than anyone else you mentioned in you diatribe (sorry post). I don't see how hogan could be better now as champ than John Cena in terms of merch, PPV buys, attendances etc. I love Hogan but his peak has passed IMO. Edited by DC

Guest The Beltster
Thus the problem of Hulkamania is solved. :xyx

There is a whole army of us, probably bigger than the Chinese Military :lol

Guest The Crippler

:lol Entertaining read thus far.

Hogan as champion would probably be the final nail in the coffin in terms of being a laughing stock amongst friends and family. He is so embarrassing when you are watching the shows with relatives or friends who don't like it. His promos, ring work, everything. It makes me squirm and I find it hard to justify why I like wrestling. I have to quickly find a tape of Rey Mysterio and put that on for them so they can kind of understand why I watch it.

The thought of a Hogan title reign in 2005 is horrendous.

Yuck , yuck, yuck.

Guest The Beltster
Just going with the last parts of your argument' date=' what difference does it make who they put the belt on, if it won't make the show any worse/improve ratings? Hogan would be cool to have back but, as you say, he would be no worse than JBL, why change it? For you to say he would be no worse, you aren't saying he would be any better, or better than anyone else you mentioned in you diatribe (sorry post). I don't see how hogan could be better now as champ than John Cena in terms of merch, PPV buys, attendances etc. I love Hogan but his peak has passed IMO.[/quote']

No I think you are slightly missing my point. What I'm saying is, everybody complains about Hogan, right? During his last title reign, the internet marks were so up-in-arms they were close to heart attack levels, and then when Hogan didnt make ratings go up, they called him a failure, YET when Eddie Guererro (an internet mark favourite) Chris Benoit (another one), JBL etc dont make ratings do up, nobody complains. Nobody says a thing.

My point is, why does everybody complain when its Hogan but make excuses when its Benoit and Guererro etc? Its favouritism and BS IMO.

Having Hulk Hogan on top, although 50, means once again having the biggest name ever with you're belt, a known face to put on posters and advertisments for the shows. Old fans will see Hogan on a poster, people who havent watched wrestling in ages, and say "Oh look, its Hogan, he must be back in wrestling, maybe I'll check that out." Whereas they see JBL and say "Who the hell is that? Boy, wrestling sucks with all these nobodies!"

Hogan wouldnt be any worse of a champ than JBL, and JBL has been given 10 f'n months! Hogan was drawing bigger numbers than JBL, and Hogan got just over 3 weeks! People act like Hogans time is over, but if he is still hugely popular and at the very least wont do any worse than the guys now, why do people bitch?

Makes no sense to me. I know if I had a wrestling company and I could choose from JBL or Hulk Hogan to be my champion, I know who I'd choose.

Guest The Beltster
He is so embarrassing when you are watching the shows with relatives or friends who don't like it. His promos' date=' ring work, everything. It makes me squirm and I find it hard to justify why I like wrestling. I have to quickly find a tape of Rey Mysterio and put that on for them so they can kind of understand why I watch it.[/quote']

I can see you're point from a personal preference standpoint, no doubt. But the thing is, and this is something I think alot of people seem to forget, Hulk Hogan is hugely popular.

What I'm saying is, for every fan of Chris Benoit who loves his workrate in the ring and for every fan of Kurt Angle and love his in-ring talent, there are 5 fans of Hulk Hogan who like to be entertained by his charisma etc...

Compare Benoits and Angle pops to that of Hogan. Hogan, even in 2005, probably has more fans Worldwide that anybody else in wrestling.

So, I do understand you personally hate Hogan and think his work sucks, because alot of people do, but alot more people mark for him and this is my underlying point: Hulk Hogan as champion wouldnt be any worse, at least, than JBL and some of the other guys they have lined up. If might even be better, I'm sure it would be better than JBL at least.

I see where you are coming from, but like everyone else. All I say is what's the point? He's not gonna help ratings or buyrates, so why waste time? You forget people did say Eddie and Benoit weren't the future, which is why so many feel they won't ever get a shot again. Hogan had his title reign when he returned in 2002, he shouldn't have one now, nor be anywhere near the title picture. Just cause he's a legend doesn't mean anything. I mean if that's so, lets make Ric Flair SD champ. It's all about perception. And while the likes of JBL aren't setting the world on fire, they have to try look to the future. Thus why make Hogan champion? Nobody will gain anything from it, and it would be another case of 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

I like Hogan, but he's a novelty act from the past now, and he should never be anything more. No one thinks Ian Rush should be up front for Liverpool, even though their strikers can't join up together consistently, thus why should Hogan be champion, cause they aren't doing great, and he'd do no better.

No point whatsoever for him being Champ.

But what about when Hogan leaves again? How can anyone take the newer guys seriously when a 50+ (admittedly in great shape) can beat them. Look what happened to Brock and Kurt when Hogan put them over in great fashion, look at Yoko in '93. But imagine your Edge and you run into Hogan and he hulks up and beats you. You have been beaten by a 50yo man.

Anyway, he can't come back as Hulk Hogan as the deal with Marvel is over, and WWE can't us the Hulk name. That is why he is called Hollywood in all the listings, even teh one's before he became Hollywood.

Guest Tajiri
Actually Hogan as a champion would be worse when you look at the fact JBL works a full schedule for WWE, Hogan will not and can not work that much, so whats the point having a guy with a long title run not appearing on the house show circut which is WWE biggest money spinner not to mention him skipping TV tapings like he did last time. That the sort of retarded crap WCW management pulled a by the end their house shows were lucky to draw 600.

Guest The Beltster
But what about when Hogan leaves again? How can anyone take the newer guys seriously when a 50+ (admittedly in great shape) can beat them. Look what happened to Brock and Kurt when Hogan put them over in great fashion' date=' look at Yoko in '93. But imagine your Edge and you run into Hogan and he hulks up and beats you. You have been beaten by a 50yo man.[/quote']

I'm not saying Hogan should never put people over, but the reason it worked so well in the past is because he never lost alot, so when people did beat him, it meant something. As for Edge, he neither looks nor acts like somebody in Hogans league, so him losing to Hogan wouldbt ne hard to believe at all, to me.

Like I said, age doesnt mean anything in wrestling, because its all fake anyways and everybody knows that. Its not like other sports when its legit competition where you will lose if you're older.

Anyway' date=' he can't come back as Hulk Hogan as the deal with Marvel is over, and WWE can't us the Hulk name. That is why he is called Hollywood in all the listings, even teh one's before he became Hollywood.[/quote']

Nope, they are allowed to use the Hulk Hogan name again, why do you think they continually call him Hulk Hogan and 'The Immortal Hulk Hogan' on TV and in the HOF commercials now, plus on the WWE.com website?

The lawsuit was worked out where Terry Bollea himself won use of the name, but only in a wrestling capacity. WWE can only use the name Hulk Hogan if they have him under contract or involved in a storyline etc.