Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Why I am a Hulkamaniac (for those who wonder).

Guest The Beltster

Guest The Beltster

I have been asked both in public threads and in PM's here since I joined last year the same question many many times: "Belty, why do you like Hogan? What is the appeal?"

For the past 20+ years, professional wrestling has been a huge passion of mine. I started watching wrestling back when I was 4 years old with my Uncle. We would sit for hours on a Saturday afternoon watching English Wrestling on ITV here in England.

Stars such as Big Daddy, Giant Haystacks, Davey Boy Smith, Bret Hart, Jimmy Saville (Jim'll fix it, kids! :worship ), Mark Rocco, Adrian Street and more would entertain us with their flamboyant styles in the ring and pure showmanship.

Say what you will about guys like Big Daddy, talk about how his entire repertoir of moves consisted of smashing his huge ass into people and how he stayed on top way past his sell-by-date, but at one time, this guy was over so much! The kids (who, in reality, he hated) went crazy for this old bugger. He was a huge draw and a legitimate UK celebrity. He was an entertainer, pure and simple, and he did his job well.

The entertainment part of it captivated me much more than the in-ring work, it did then, and it still does to this day. That will never change.

It was when I was a fan of the oldschool English wrestling that we got cable TV and I came across the World Wrestling Federation (WWF). I was hooked the first time I saw it.

Hulk Hogan was on the TV, in the ring cutting a promo on Roddy Piper, and I loved it. I was scared of Hulk Hogan at first, the guy was huge. He was screaming and shouting about how he was going to beat Roddy Piper to a bloody pulp and finish him off with crushing body slams and heavy punches. Man, I was scared! But over the next several weeks, I discovered Hulk Hogan was a good guy, he was fighting for what was right, and Roddy Piper was an evil wrestler, breaking rules and fighting for evil. (Yeah I know, it sounds laughable now, good-guys, bad-guys etc, but back then, wrestling was clear cut, good vs evil, there was no in between, no grey area which there is way too much of today).

Hulk Hogan went on to capture the WWF title about 3 days after I first started watching the WWF, and I tell you, the people were RABID for Hulkamania. I recently found myself watching some of my old Saturday Nights Main Event DVD collection, I put one in from 1985, Hulk Hogan came to the ring to the theme tune 'Eye of the Tiger' and the reaction he recieved put his pop at WMX8 vs the Rock to shame, I swear. The roof just came off the place, as he walked to the ring, there were cops surrounding him, holding fans off of him, trying to stop people grabbing him....the fans were literally tearing his shirt off as he walked to the ring and pulling at his arms, it was a crazy scene.

I grew up throughout the Hulkamania era, I lived it as a fan. Some people who are young today and werent even born until after Hogans big run ended dont understand, and alot of people who were born but just werent wrestling fans, dont understand. You can go back and watch tapes and see he gets huge pops, but even that will simply not allow you to grasp the kind of influence Hulk Hogan and Hulkamania had in the 1980's. I remember going in shops in town and seeing Hulk Hogan on everything, he was all over everything, people in school were all talking about Hulk Hogan, collecting his toys and stickers, cards and posters. It was insanity, it really was Hulkamania running completely and utterly wild. They were good days.

Alot of people know, my favorite wrestler of all time is of course Hulk Hogan. I know he isnt the best wrestler (and he has never claimed to be), he doesnt have the best, most innovative or visually spectacular moves etc, but he is my favorite...why? Because he makes me feel good. He allows me to be a kid again and believe in wrestling. When I think of Hulk Hogan, I relate him with happy memories growing up, great times with my friends all marking out to Hulk Hogan, it was just a great great time to be a kid, and Hulk Hogan to this day allows me to look back on those days and enjoy them again.

As a kid growing up, Hogan never swore on TV or was involved in sexual angles. He was never somebody who I would be afraid to watch if my Grandparents were in the room, he was a real role model for youngsters. Sure, away from the ring he had his vices, but thats not why we watched him, we didnt watch him as Terry Bollea, we watched him as Hulk Hogan, professional wrestler. And as Hulk Hogan, he was a person setting a great example for kids and giving out good, pure advice for kids growing up.

He still has it today, he still appeals to kids. My son is 3 years old, and Hulk Hogan is his favourite. Sure, he probably has seen how I react to him and that has rubbed off on him, but he will put in a Hulk Hogan video or DVD by himself and watch it, singing 'Real American' and doing the poses and the hand-to-the-ear. It brings a tear to my eye, because its like watching myself as a kid, it really is.

If you have kids, look into their eyes, and answer me this question: Whats it like looking into you're own eyes? Thats what it is with me and my son, he is my, growing up, and I am watching it as a spectator, and like with me, Hulk Hogan is a big part of what he enjoys watching and the advice Hogan gave me 20 years ago, he is giving to me son now, along with the advice myself and his Mum give him, of course.

Hulk Hogan is all that is good in wrestling. Yes, he was a backstage politician, yes, he didnt always do business the right way and sure, he played a part in putting WCW out of business, but the character 'Hulk Hogan' is all that is good in the sport of professional wrestling, of that I have no doubt. Because of this, he will always be my favorite.

I could go on forever, you guys here know that I'm sure, but I just wanted to give some of you who might be interested, a small amount of reasons as to just why I am such a huge Hulk Hogan mark, and why I defend him when I feel he is being unfairly bashed. He did alot for many many people, kids outside of wrestling, kids like me who he never even met or even knows excists, Hulk Hogan influenced alot of the decisions and choices I made in my life. Decisions to not smoke, to never touch drugs, to not be a jerk to other people I come into contact with.

I feel I owe him a huge dept of gratitude. Hulk Hogan is the man, and like Gorilla Monsoon once said:

"They broke the mold when they made this man, there will never be another Hulk Hogan!"

:worship

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AfinShou

I will say that the major reason that Hulkamania was allowed to get as big as it did was the very apparent presence of Mystique in wrestling. We were all still fairly well fooled that wrestling was real while we were younger, and they never tried to pass it off as if it wasn't. We thought they were feeling real pain, and were out cold from every big bump. That reason alone is why people were brought to Tears, Real Tears when they watched guys like Hogan go down. We were able to get much closer to the wrestlers because we were able to believe whole-heartedly in what they were doing, and not so much just watching them as a batch of actors. It's the same reason why we can never get as psyched out or stunned by Taker as we could 10-15 years ago.

I, personally, could never get into Hulkamania. Possibly because I've always favored rooting for the underdog, in most occasions. So seeing this PowerHouse roll through opponent after opponent never appealed to me. Maybe it was the predictability, but I guess I would've rather been surprised outta my chair and see Tugboat take the world title from him out of absolutely nowhere than I would want to see him go over on Slaughter again.

Guest Jimmy Redman
Belty you have been repped for that. That was wonderful to read, and im certain nobody will ask 'why do you like Hogan?' for a while now. You never really had to defend yourself for liking Hogan, im sure no matter how many times you were caught in arguments about him, everybody knows how much you respect and look up to him, and have respected that of you. But it has certainly shed some light, and its really great to hear that about your kid, it almost brings a tear to the eye. And it is so true how people who you look up to like that affect your choices in life. Im sure the reason Im so interested in tattoos is because most of the musicians and wrestlers I like have them. Also the reason I love black, dark things, clothes and music, because of the musicians I admire. Maybe the reason I wallpaper my walls with posters, and spend an inordinate amount of time redoing them and rearraging them, because my cousin, who I look up to a lot, does the same thing. People you admire affect your lives in these ways. And im sure your love of Hulk Hogan can only have been a good thing.

Guest The Beltster
i got into wrestling pretty much the same way and same time' date='so i know where your coming from brother.[/quote']

Nice one man, its always cool when people know what you're trying to convey.

I will say that the major reason that Hulkamania was allowed to get as big as it did was the very apparent presence of Mystique in wrestling. We were all still fairly well fooled that wrestling was real while we were younger' date=' and they never tried to pass it off as if it wasn't. We thought they were feeling real pain, and were out cold from every big bump. That reason alone is why people were brought to Tears, Real Tears when they watched guys like Hogan go down. We were able to get much closer to the wrestlers because we were able to believe whole-heartedly in what they were doing, and not so much just watching them as a batch of actors. It's the same reason why we can never get as psyched out or stunned by Taker as we could 10-15 years ago.[/quote']

Agreed. Kayfabe was in full effect and wrestling seemed that much more special at that time. I remember during mid 1990 when Earthquake crushed Hulk Hogan on the Brother Love show, he beat him down real bad and they ran an angle where Hogan was thinking of retiring and encouraged us all to send in cards and letters begging him to come back...it was gutwrenching as a kid, I remember being so upset that Hogan had 'broken ribs' and 'severe internal injuries' that would probably force him to retire...the kids who watch it these days dont get to enjoy that side of wrestling because they already know its all a work, which is a huge shame.

Thats why I try and encourage kayfabe on the younger fans when I speak with them, but it rarely works.

I' date=' personally, could never get into Hulkamania. Possibly because I've always favored rooting for the underdog, in most occasions. So seeing this PowerHouse roll through opponent after opponent never appealed to me. Maybe it was the predictability, but I guess I would've rather been surprised outta my chair and see Tugboat take the world title from him out of absolutely nowhere than I would want to see him go over on Slaughter again.[/quote']

I can respect that. To be honest, this may sound wierd, but to me, Hogan was the underdog when I was a kid. He was always fighting against people who were bigger than him and strong than him 99% of the time, with devious managers and other factors stacking the odds against him and he would always take a beating in his matches only to overcome all the odds at the end and prevail. He always seemed to me like the underdog who always found a way to win against all the odds. I loved that.

Belty you have been repped for that. That was wonderful to read' date=' and im certain nobody will ask 'why do you like Hogan?' for a while now. You never really had to defend yourself for liking Hogan, im sure no matter how many times you were caught in arguments about him, everybody knows how much you respect and look up to him, and have respected that of you. But it has certainly shed some light, and its really great to hear that about your kid, it almost brings a tear to the eye.[/quote']

Thankyou man, I appreciate the rep and I'm glad you enjoyed reading it. I definately wanted to shed some light, like you said, so people dont think or me as a mindless Hogan mark who likes him just because he was popular, like I jumped on the Hogan bandwagon or something like that. There is a very real reason I am such a mark for the guy and it goes far beyond professional wrestling, no doubt.

And it is so true how people who you look up to like that affect your choices in life. Im sure the reason Im so interested in tattoos is because most of the musicians and wrestlers I like have them. Also the reason I love black' date=' dark things, clothes and music, because of the musicians I admire. Maybe the reason I wallpaper my walls with posters, and spend an inordinate amount of time redoing them and rearraging them, because my cousin, who I look up to a lot, does the same thing. People you admire affect your lives in these ways. And im sure your love of Hulk Hogan can only have been a good thing.[/quote']

Very very true, I dont think alot of these guys realise the influence and profound effect they have on other peoples lives who live vicariously through the characters they protray on TV.

Its great to hear you have the same love and respect for certain musicians, and even better its great to hear you have such an admiration for a family member, you're cousin.

Hogan makes me happy, no matter what else is going on around me, I can kick back and put on a Hulk Hogan match and I forget my issues and worries for that short while he is in that ring doing what he does better than anybody else, entertaining me. Its a heluva thing, if you really sit back and think about it.

Excellent post.

You make a great point abut wrestling back then being black and white, I really wish it was like that now. Over the top gimmicks, good vs bad, everything from then. There is no appeal in seeing 2 wrestlers with no real gimmicks wrestle each other to me. If WWE went back to having gimmicked wrestlers, good vs bad etc I am certain wrestling would become hugely popular again.

The Attitude Era ruined what was good about wrestling.

Guest The Beltster
Excellent post.

You make a great point abut wrestling back then being black and white, I really wish it was like that now. Over the top gimmicks, good vs bad, everything from then. There is no appeal in seeing 2 wrestlers with no real gimmicks wrestle each other to me. If WWE went back to having gimmicked wrestlers, good vs bad etc I am certain wrestling would become hugely popular again.

The Attitude Era ruined what was good about wrestling.

Exactly Jack, exactly. Gimmicks are what wrestling is/was all about, and SHOULD still be about. Imagine if wrestling in the Hulkamania era was like it is now, with no gimmicks and everybody wrestling under their real names, it would suck, just think about this:

WrestleMania III: Terry Bollea vs Andre Rousimoff

wow! Or even better:

WrestleMania VI: Terry Bollea vs Jim Hellwig

Great! It would suck! But thats what we have today, a severe lack of gimmicks.

I loved Mordecai when he first came in, his look was awesome, the gimmick was great, entrance was cool...so he wasnt the best in-ring performer ever, who cares?! Wrestling needed that gimmick, SmackDown! specifically needed it.

I mean come on, what it Shelton Benjamins gimmick? How about Paul London, Billy Kidman, Randy Orton etc...they have no gimmick, no character, its no wonder they arent over.

If they have to wrestle under a regular name, at least add a nickname to it and attach a gimmick, like Rick 'The Model' Martel, Jake 'The Snake' Roberts and 'Ravishing' Rick Rude, and have them play on it.

Edited by The Beltster

Guest MartynJ
Great story belty, it reminds me of what i was like as a kid too, watching big daddy on a sat and then started watching wwf, this story could have been mine

I liked Mordecai too.

Like you said he wasn't the greatest wrestling but his promos were excellent I thought, but more importantly he had a solid gimmick.

If someone like Lesnar was given a real gimmick, I think he would of been an all time great. Benoit needs a gimmick. He would be a world champion if he had one.

If Jindrak was given a gimmick, he would be more interesting. He would still be poor in the ring (even though his punch is excellent), his promos would be average still, but it would make him interesting to watch.

To be fair to Orton, he got over through both his arrogance AND the fact that he is a severely underrated performer. I would class him as one of the best at the moment, and were it not for his constant confusion with which side he is on, I think he got over on both merits. I don't like Benoit but the standing ovations he gets after a lot of his matches speak volumes about what fans enjoy these days.

Don't get me wrong - I love characters and gimmicks (preferably realistic like Austin, Raven etc, not that Mordecai crap - although tell a lie, I enjoyed Papa Shango as a kid) but I think that there is a bigger emphasis on the ability that one can bring to the ring. Would Marty Jennetty have still been as over on his return if he wrestled sh*t? I personally don't think so. I think people would have quickly cottoned on and become silent. The fact that he wasn't shone through quite strongly, and added to the nostalgia factor, it worked well. If there's no nostalgia, I think it's quite easy for guys who wrestle crap to be booed out of the place, despite having gimmicks. Case in point - Heidenreich. I actually think that his gimmick is decent, and I think that he plays it extremely well considering. Plus, he got a good-sized push. But he is terrible in the ring, and boy does it show when the fans give him no reaction once the bell rings. Same for Snitsky. Guys like Benjamin, for all their shortcomings in character, get cheers, boos, reactions to their matches. Mordecai, if I remember right, got next to nothing. A few boos on his way out, a few boos for his average promos, and then nothing.

But then a lot of it also has to do with protecting the wrestlers, hence guys like Benoit can get away with stuff that Mordecai can't. But that's for another post.

One thing that I thing that I feel is often forgotten about is that the a hell of a lot of the "gimmick" wrestlers were actually great wrestlers.

Take these few fo example -

Jake "The Snake" Roberts - Great wrestler, with a great chilling character that never gave too much away in terms of emotion.

"The Million Dollar Man" Ted Dibiase - yet another great wrestler who was fantastic on the mic and played his character to perfection.

"Macho Man" Randy Savage - Regardless of what people say, Randy could work a good match with the best of them, and although his gimmick was more of an extension of his personality he still had a good gimmick.

"The Model" Rick Martel - Martel just like the above was great in the ring, and when he worked as the "Model" he worked really well, maybe not reaching what he could have in the WWF.

The point I'm trying to make is all of the above go over because of two simple reasons, they could work a good match and they also had good gimmicks.

Now, I know they were some guys who couldn't wrestle a great match, i.e Hogan & Warrior, but the special thing about these guys is that fact that there personalities caputured the Imagination of the fans, and the fans didn't need to see a 5* match from them, because they were being entertained anyway.

But going back to my first point, in my opinion in order to be succesful , a wrestler should be a good worker, and secondly have a good gimmick.

Guest The Beltster
Thank god for that

Is there really any need for that post? I'm mean come on, seriously, is there? At least in this thread? I dont think so.

If you made a heartfelt thread about how much you look upto Bret Hart or something like that, as much as I dont care for the Hitman, I wouldnt come in and make a comment like "Thank God there isnt going to be another whiney bitch like Bret Hart who has done nothing but cry for the past 8 years!".

Its in poor taste IMO.

Do me a favour, bash if you want, but dont do it in this thread, or if you are going to critisize, please do it constructively.

Guest The Beltster
To be fair to Orton' date=' he got over through both his arrogance AND the fact that he is a severely underrated performer. I would class him as one of the best at the moment, and were it not for his constant confusion with which side he is on, I think he got over on both merits. I don't like Benoit but the standing ovations he gets after a lot of his matches speak volumes about what fans enjoy these days.[/quote']

He got over because of his arrogance, thats for sure, but also because he was aligned with HHH and Evolution. If he didnt get the rub from 'The Game', then he would never have been as over or as high profile as he was.

Orton definately needs to decide which side of the fence he is on though, and thankfully it looks like its the 'dark side', so-to-speak. He would be best suited creeping his way back into Evolution, to be honest. He isnt very good by himself, plus as good as he is in the ring when he is being carried, when he is in there with other rookies, he gets lost way too easily.

As for Benoit, yeah agreed. Workrate, these days, means alot more to fans then it ever did before, but I still think they need a few of the more 'cartoony' 80's style gimmicks to rope in more of the younger audience out there.

Don't get me wrong - I love characters and gimmicks (preferably realistic like Austin' date=' Raven etc, not that Mordecai crap - although tell a lie, I enjoyed Papa Shango as a kid) but I think that there is a bigger emphasis on the ability that one can bring to the ring.[/quote']

Yes, more realistic gimmicks are great, there is no doubt (although to be honest, I never considered Steve Austin to have a gimmick, as its much to close to a regular guy), but like you said, you liked Shango as a kid, and thats the point, kids used to love wrestling, now it seems its for teenagers and up, and little kids are missing out on a great 'sport', we need more characters and gimmicks that will captivate little kids.

Would Marty Jennetty have still been as over on his return if he wrestled sh*t? I personally don't think so. I think people would have quickly cottoned on and become silent. The fact that he wasn't shone through quite strongly' date=' and added to the nostalgia factor, it worked well. If there's no nostalgia, I think it's quite easy for guys who wrestle crap to be booed out of the place, despite having gimmicks. Case in point - Heidenreich. I actually think that his gimmick is decent, and I think that he plays it extremely well considering. Plus, he got a good-sized push. But he is terrible in the ring, and boy does it show when the fans give him no reaction once the bell rings. Same for Snitsky. Guys like Benjamin, for all their shortcomings in character, get cheers, boos, reactions to their matches. Mordecai, if I remember right, got next to nothing. A few boos on his way out, a few boos for his average promos, and then nothing.[/quote']

I think much of the blame for the Mordecai reactions come down to the fact that he was put against Scotty Too Hotty in his debut, then thrown into a feud with Hardcore Holly. I'm not being funny but if they brought back the Rock and feuded with him S2H and Bob Holly, interest would wane pretty damn fast. Plus, yes, his in-ring shortcomings didnt help, but if they had given him more gimmick moves, like John Cena has, that matched his gimmick, and let him play to the crowd more with his gimmick, he would have gotten over fine, exactly how John Cena has because lets be honest, John Cena is PITIFUL in the ring, just dire.

One thing that I thing that I feel is often forgotten about is that the a hell of a lot of the "gimmick" wrestlers were actually great wrestlers.

Take these few fo example -

Jake "The Snake" Roberts - Great wrestler, with a great chilling character that never gave too much away in terms of emotion.

"The Million Dollar Man" Ted Dibiase - yet another great wrestler who was fantastic on the mic and played his character to perfection.

"Macho Man" Randy Savage - Regardless of what people say, Randy could work a good match with the best of them, and although his gimmick was more of an extension of his personality he still had a good gimmick.

"The Model" Rick Martel - Martel just like the above was great in the ring, and when he worked as the "Model" he worked really well, maybe not reaching what he could have in the WWF.

The point I'm trying to make is all of the above go over because of two simple reasons, they could work a good match and they also had good gimmicks.

Now, I know they were some guys who couldn't wrestle a great match, i.e Hogan & Warrior, but the special thing about these guys is that fact that there personalities caputured the Imagination of the fans, and the fans didn't need to see a 5* match from them, because they were being entertained anyway.

But going back to my first point, in my opinion in order to be succesful , a wrestler should be a good worker, and secondly have a good gimmick.

Good post and I agree, guys should have to work these days alot moreso than they ever did in the past, simply because its expected of them.

However, the problem is, like I have said a million times before, guys simply do not know how to work these days. If you put Mordecai in the ring, he didnt need to have to be a great wrestler, but with a gimmick like his, he NEEDED to be able to be a great worker. He needed to be able to BE the chatacter, make people believe he was who he said he was, like the Undertaker did all those years ago.

If you can work, you dont need to know how to be a great wrestler. Hulk Hogan is probably the greatest example of this EVER. The guy can outwork anybody, IMO. He can hold the crowd in the palm of his hands as do with them as he pleases, he is a GREAT worker, yet an average to poor wrestler (depending on location) and he is still the most over and marketable guy ever.

I wish more people knew how to work and make their gimmick sucessful.

However, the problem is, like I have said a million times before, guys simply do not know how to work these days. If you put Mordecai in the ring, he didnt need to have to be a great wrestler, but with a gimmick like his, he NEEDED to be able to be a great worker. He needed to be able to BE the chatacter, make people believe he was who he said he was, like the Undertaker did all those years ago.

Totally agree with you, for instance when Jake "The Snake" Roberts made an appearance on RAW a few weeks ago, yeah, the crowd popped because of the nostalgia factor, but also because he was able to work the crowd, he didn't have to do a great deal, but in his segemnt with Orton he was able to work the crowd to his advantage. If Jake didn't have his "personal demons" then he'd be the person to teach the younger WWE stars how to work.

When Jake did a promo, there was a part of you that had goosebumps because you believed in what he said, nowadays a lot of the guys don't have that.

Is there really any need for that post? I'm mean come on, seriously, is there? At least in this thread? I dont think so.

If you made a heartfelt thread about how much you look upto Bret Hart or something like that, as much as I dont care for the Hitman, I wouldnt come in and make a comment like "Thank God there isnt going to be another whiney bitch like Bret Hart who has done nothing but cry for the past 8 years!".

Its in poor taste IMO.

Do me a favour, bash if you want, but dont do it in this thread, or if you are going to critisize, please do it constructively.

Poor Beltmark, every single person On these forums has a right to express what they want to. you have no given right to tell anyone they cant post in this thread. And please stop bringing Bret Hart into everything i say. Cos i really dont care, you see you call Bret a bitch it doesn't bother me at all. I dont take Wrestling that seriously. For some reason you have elected yourself lord protector over Hulk hogan and every time someone posts something about him you run to his rescue. Your so so easy to wind up.

Do yourself and everone else a favour and grow up, and while your at it pull your nose out of Hogans ass

i have never been a great hogan fan but when he returned to wcw in early 2000 out of his limo i went mental then his music hit and it sent shivers down my spine and the same when he returned in 2002 with the nwo and in 2003 when he"signed a bran new contact brotha" and i felt sad when he said it was gonna be his last run.my best experience of hogan was when he was announced in the hall of fame the tingle that went down my spine that morning was unbeliavble and no matter what hogan has done in wcw he will always be the man that put WRESTLING on the map and i respect him for that

Guest Tajiri

This is something Samoa Joe from Ring of Honor wrote about wrestling these days in his live journal awhile back that seems pretty appropriate to this thread:

“You know watching televised wrestling in general I often ponder what is missing and why even I myself rarely watch my profession as it is presented on TV. In all honesty among many things I found one glaring thing that really stood out in my head. Where is the escapism and sensationalism of the past? You know WWE in its attitude era and pop cultural prime was probably one of the most sensational atmospheres ever witnessed. All the wrestlers where larger than life and they characters where personified that way. Tonight I turned on TV and though I have not watched WWE television in well over 4 months it seemed most current storylines involve taking the luster off of pro wrestlers and trying to make them more human. In all honesty unlike other forms of media I feel pro wrestling fans tune in to escape the real world not embrace its social underbelly. Wrestlers being more humanized seem so contradictory to what "entertainment" is. I mean how entertaining would it be to go see the something like The Lion King if it was about Mufasa knocking up Nala and calling Simba the baby daddy?!? ....

Alas I digress, maybe if the modern pro wrestling world concentrated more on spectacle and putting on an entertaining show and less on accentuating the car crash like social vices of the world, just a few more people might tune in and more importantly give a damn.”

Edited by Tajiri