Fan Clubs

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Austin vs. Cena or Hogan vs. Cena

Guest Brad

Who would love to see Austin vs. Cena, i would love it because it is head to head, the most over man in WWE Era vs. the most over man in the Attitude era.

Also who would love to see Hogan vs. Cena, also equally as good even though Austin vs. Cena would be better because of their similar styles. Cena vs. Hogan, the most over man in wwe era vs. the most over man in wwf era.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm... tricky...

With Austin/Cena, you'd get a quality brawl. They'd go arena wide, which Cena needs to start doing anyway, and they'd both do their trademark stuff and probably have a better match.

With Hogan/Cena, you'd get an 80s style nothing match but with loads of atmosphere.Both would do their trademark stuff, Hogan would go over, and the place would erupt, despite the match being pretty crap due to both men's limitations (ie. cack workers).

With both though - the key is Cena playing heel. Hogan is a pretty average heel at best, and wouldn't be booed anyway. Austin is a fantastic heel, but again, no one would boo him. Luckily, Cena has a lot of diversity in his character and acting ability. As proved in UPW/OVW/WWE, he can play the heel role and play it extremely well. Much like Rocky but to a lesser degree, I think Cena knows enough about the business to know to start playing up to the boos and milk it for everything, which would heighten the entertainment factor (especially for me - I've always prefered Cena as a heel since 2001).

So I dunno :(

Guest The Beltster

Austin vs Cena would be pure crap simply because SteveAustin cant bump, cant be hit above the neck, cant do this and that...he is way too limited these days, and Cena sucks in the ring in general, so it would be horrible. If this were 1998 - 2002, it would be decent, but not now.

As for Hogan vs Cena, it would also be horrible. Cena only ever has good matches when he is carried, and Hogan is just not in shape enough to carry him like he did the Warrior in 1990. Plus, like Austin, Hogan cant bump well anymore, he cant drop the leg, he is way too limited due to his legs.

Hogan vs Austin, loads of people want it, and I bet with those two guys, they could make something work. I bet they would put in more effort to cover up their weaknesses if they worked each other, but the match would likely be a disappointment.

Guest Richard Flair
As for Hogan vs Cena' date=' it would also be horrible. Cena only ever has good matches when he is carried, and Hogan is just not in shape enough to carry him like he did the Warrior in 1990. Plus, like Austin, Hogan cant bump well anymore, he cant drop the leg, he is way too limited due to his legs.[/quote']

Hold on a second. Since when did Cena have to be carried in a match? Since when did he suddenly become the worst wrestler alive? Sure he isn't Kurt Angle but then again, neither is The Undertaker, Big Show or JBL. Cena has proven before that he is a quality brawler, brawler being the key word. Austin was arguably the best bawler ever, and John Cena is much like that. But what does being a brawler mean being carried to great matches?

A brawler isn't likely to have top quality matches like Angle/HBK at WrestleMania 21. Their purpose is more character based like Austin's success was. Austin would be nothing without his gimmick, and that is exactly the same with Cena. Not for a minute am I trying to say Cena is as over as Austin was, but seriously here, since when did Cena have to be carried in a match? And furthermore, who else needs to be carried in a match besides the WWE Champion.

Guest The Beltster
Hold on a second. Since when did Cena have to be carried in a match? Since when did he suddenly become the worst wrestler alive? Sure he isn't Kurt Angle but then again' date=' neither is The Undertaker, Big Show or JBL. Cena has proven before that he is a quality brawler, brawler being the key word. Austin was arguably the best bawler ever, and John Cena is much like that. But what does being a brawler mean being carried to great matches?[/quote']

Since when did he need to be carried? How about his ENTIRE WWE career! He has only had a couple good matches, and they have only happened when he has been carried (by Kurt Angle, for example).

Did I say he was the worst worker alive? Do me a favour Flair, quote me on it...you wont be able to. Dont put words in my mouth. I simply stated he needs to be carried to have a decent match, which isnt insulting, its just the way it is, and thats a fact.

A decent brawler? LOL If you think brawls including weak looking punches and bow legged kicks is quality, good for you, but I dont, and comparing him to Austin in any way, shape or form is an insult to Stone Cold, because Austin was above and beyond anything Cena ever could be, brawling-wise (or anything else, for that matter).

If you really think that just because a guy is a brawler, he doesnt need to be carried to have a good match, then you havent got a clue.

A brawler isn't likely to have top quality matches like Angle/HBK at WrestleMania 21. Their purpose is more character based like Austin's success was. Austin would be nothing without his gimmick' date=' and that is exactly the same with Cena. Not for a minute am I trying to say Cena is as over as Austin was, but seriously here, since when did Cena have to be carried in a match? And furthermore, who else needs to be carried in a match besides the WWE Champion.[/quote']

Of course brawlers can have top quality matches, to say otherwise is totally and utterly rediculous! Austin is a prime example, as 99% of his matches when he was on his huge run were fantastic top notch main event quality bouts, and he had them with a huge host of guys, whereas Cena only has good matches with guys who carry him (and even then, his matches usually stink).

Who else needs to be carried? Well, if you want the following guys to have good matches, they need to be carried:

1. Cena

2. Orton

3. Batista

4. Jordan

5. Chris Masters

6. Mohammad Hassan

7. Snitsky (Although I doubt he could even then, a lost cause)

8. Heidenreich (Another lost cause)

9. Maven

10. Sylvan Grenier

11. Carlito

12. Jindrak

13. Luthor Reigns

Need I go on? There are tons of guys who need to be carried to have even an acceptable match, let alone good, Cena is one of them whether you choose to believe it or not, its a straight up, run of the mill fact.

If Austin was at 100% a match with Cena would be great, as long as Cena was heel. It would be the 1990's rebel vs. the modern day rebel, if both men were on top form it probably would be a good match, and the heat would be great.

As for Hogan vs. Cena, well, it would be Hogan, what can you say? Although he's probably pretty bad in the ring nowadays, he brings something to a wrestling crowd that no one else can, wrestling wise, it wouldn't be a good match, but I'm sure most of the fans (me included) would love it.

Guest Richard Flair
Since when did he need to be carried? How about his ENTIRE WWE career! He has only had a couple good matches' date=' and they have only happened when he has been carried (by Kurt Angle, for example). [/quote']

So his matches against Booker T in the Best of 5 Series don't count? Also his Backlash '03 WWE Title shot against Brock Lesnar doesn't count. Or even some of his matches in OVW! Did you see him as Prototype? In fact, I'd even go out on a limb and say his initial match with Angle, he wasn't carried then. All good matches with Cena not being carried.

Did I say he was the worst worker alive? Do me a favour Flair' date=' quote me on it...you wont be able to. [/quote']

And you obviously can't quote me saying that you said it. It was an exaggeration of what you were saying, or implying at least. If Cena was indeed the worst worker alive, he would not be int he WWE, he would not be the longest reigning WWE US Champion nor would he be the current WWE Champion. Thank you for reading my post so carefully.

I simply stated he needs to be carried to have a decent match' date=' which isnt insulting, its just the way it is, and thats a [b']fact[/b].

Fact - Something set in stone, something provable.

Opinion - A belief or conclusion held but not proven by positive knowledge or proof.

A decent brawler? LOL If you think brawls including weak looking punches and bow legged kicks is quality' date=' good for you, but I dont, and comparing him to Austin in any way, shape or form is an insult to Stone Cold, because Austin was above and beyond anything Cena ever could be, brawling-wise (or anything else, for that matter).[/quote']

Poor. Very poor. Insulting Steve Austin by comparing Cena to him? So Austin is the be all and end all and Cena is but crap on a stick? I'm comparing two wrestlers that have something in common. How is that insulting to Austin, and furthermore why do you hate Cena so much. It is a character played by a man with more ability in the ring than 99% of all posters here have. He is better than me, better than you, better than a lot of people, yet you wont respect what he does to entertain you because he throws "weak looking punches and bow legged kicks" apparently. I'd like to point yu int he direction of a file I have uploaded for you here. This shows cena from Smackdown this week. Do these forearm smashes look weak to you? I'd have to say that I do remember Stone Colds kicks missing 50% of the time, and looking fake too. Is this something Cena should be aspiring towards in your eyes?

If you really think that just because a guy is a brawler' date=' he doesnt need to be carried to have a good match, then you havent got a clue.[/quote']

Why thank you, it is nice to know that you think so highly of yourself compared to me. Perhaps you should be nicknamed Steve Austin and I John Cena?

Of course brawlers can have top quality matches' date=' to say otherwise is totally and utterly rediculous! Austin is a prime example, as 99% of his matches when he was on his huge run were fantastic top notch main event quality bouts, and he had them with a huge host of guys,[/quote']

I agree. I never once said that brawlers couldn't have top quality matches. I said that they aren't likely to have top quality matches. I understand that Bret hart vs Steve Austin was a classic bout from WrestleMania 13, but was Austin carried? Perhaps, perhaps not. Depends who you ask. Again, The Rock vs Steve Austin was a classic bouth whenever they faced each other. But 99% of all matches? A bit high is it not? In fact lets have you prove it. Ninety nine out of 100 matches I'd like to see top quality please.

whereas Cena only has good matches with guys who carry him (and even then' date=' his matches usually stink).[/quote']

Cena's matches are not always of top quality, but how do they stink? A match is built up of hype, expectation, performance and crowd participation. Stevie Richards vs Val venis would stink in general, due to the poor hype, expectation and crowd participation. However, Cena's WWE Title match did not stink at WrestleMania. It was short which hurt its expectation rating, yet the actual match was good and entertaining. The crowd were quite into the match and the hype was certainly there.

Who else needs to be carried? Well, if you want the following guys to have good matches, they need to be carried:

1. Cena

2. Orton

3. Batista

4. Jordan

5. Chris Masters

6. Mohammad Hassan

7. Snitsky (Although I doubt he could even then, a lost cause)

8. Heidenreich (Another lost cause)

9. Maven

10. Sylvan Grenier

11. Carlito

12. Jindrak

13. Luthor Reigns

Need I go on?

No thanks. I'd like to let you know that, in my opinion (Remember that word ;) ) Orton, Batista and Carlito shouldn't be on that list.

There are tons of guys who need to be carried to have even an acceptable match' date=' let alone good, Cena is one of them whether you choose to believe it or not, its a straight up, run of the mill fact.[/quote']

Again, fact and opinion. Fact is not Cena not being able to have an acceptable match, he has them all the time. Therefore, by conluding your very opinionated post in that way, it can be gathered that a) you dislike John Cena, b) you do not understand the difference between fact and opinion and c) your opinion of what is an acceptable match coupled with the fact you gave no reasons as to why you think John Cena is a bad wrestler is not the same as an average wrestling fan. You are a Cena-basher, for no other reason than you no doubt disliked HHH during the HHH bashing era.

Richard Flair

Opinion - A belief or conclusion held but not proven by positive knowledge or proof.

I'd rep you just for that point. As it is, I agreed with everything you've said, so you get the rep for everything :xyx

100 I think. Don't quote me. I'm long past that stage :P

And just a point I wanted to rebring up about Orton being on that list. I'm honestly shocked that anyone would put him on a list of people needing carry jobs. Hassan, Masters, I can understand. Snitsky is awful, but his character and promos make him my favourite on the roster so thats ok. But Orton? Ok, his character development has been the pits, but he's had some belting matches without being carried. He and Edge had MOTN at Vengeance last year, and Edge can hardly carry anyone (despite being a strong worker in his own right). He and HHH have had some damn good matches too, far better than they had any right to be. His selling is near enough the best in the company next to Michaels, and has had numerous marks questioning if certain injuries and concussios were actually real because he was so convincingly glazed over. His basic mat work is solid, his finisher is one of the best just because of it's out-of-nowhere nature (something that helped the stunner get over) and the fact that they've realised he can apply the move from almost any position since he can seemingly jump well. He usually has a great ending to all his matches with the pace quickening, and I've become a huge fan of his work.

If only his character would cement itself into concrete as to what it is...

Guest johnny knoxvill
I will rep you because I agreed with everything you said and you showed up Belty which is super hard

Guest The Beltster
So his matches against Booker T in the Best of 5 Series don't count? Also his Backlash '03 WWE Title shot against Brock Lesnar doesn't count. Or even some of his matches in OVW! Did you see him as Prototype? In fact' date=' I'd even go out on a limb and say his initial match with Angle, he wasn't carried then. All good matches with Cena not being carried.[/quote']

You can count the matches with Booker T as good if you consider them good, I dont. As a matter of fact, barring only one of them (I dont remember which) the other 4 sucked, they were complete crap. His match with Brock Lesnar was also pitiful, it was rubbish, probably Brocks worst match as champion, and thats including his matches with the Big Show (which, being fair, were pretty good).

BUT, even if all 6 of those matches were 5-star (which they were not) thats 6 matches in several years that can be classed as good! Thats terrible!

OVW isnt being talked about here, thus the reason I said his WWE career. He was ALOT better in OVW, but now he has become lazy because he is so over and seemingly thinks that because he is over, he doesnt have to try and improve his in-ring skills.

As for his initial match with Angle, he was carried, there is ZERO doubt about it, none. angle carried him, to say otherwise is just wrong, it really is.

And you obviously can't quote me saying that you said it. It was an exaggeration of what you were saying' date=' or implying at least. If Cena was indeed the worst worker alive, he would not be int he WWE, he would not be the longest reigning WWE US Champion nor would he be the current WWE Champion. Thank you for reading my post so carefully.[/quote']

Dont be so stupid man! If he was the worst worker alive, he wouldnt be in WWE?! LOL So why is Heidenreich in WWE? I suppose he is a good wrestler, right? How about Chris Masters? Why is he there? Going back in time, why did Giant Gonzales have a job? You dont have to have ANY talent to be in WWE, and the guys I mentioned are proof of that!

As for him being the longest reigning US champ...so? The title is worthless, who cares? JBL was the longest running WWE champion in 10 years, so does that make him one of the best? Of course it doesnt!

Yes, and its a FACT that Cena needs to be carried by better workers to have good matches.

Poor. Very poor. Insulting Steve Austin by comparing Cena to him? So Austin is the be all and end all and Cena is but crap on a stick? I'm comparing two wrestlers that have something in common. How is that insulting to Austin' date='[/quote']

Its insulting to make out that John Cena is on Austins level in any way, or comparable to him in wrestling styles and/or talent. Austins brawling looked believable and was exciting, Cenas doesnt and isnt.

and furthermore why do you hate Cena so much. It is a character played by a man with more ability in the ring than 99% of all posters here have. He is better than me' date=' better than you, better than a lot of people, yet you wont respect what he does to entertain you because he throws "weak looking punches and bow legged kicks" apparently.[/quote']

I do not hate John Cena. For all intents and purposes, he seems like a nice man in reality, and is great with the fans and especially little kids, and that is great. I also think John Cena makes a great heel, character wise and enjoyed his mic work when he was one.

What I dont like, is his in-ring work, or his face mic work. I think his in-ring skills are extremely poor and his face mic work is made up soley of gay and turd jokes. I can guarentee you this, John Cena does not have what it takes to be a headliner, not in his current character. He will bomb and JBL (or somebody else) will have the WWE title pretty soon. Cena will be like the Ultimate Warrior, I expect. The fans love him while he is chasing the belt, but once he in champion, it will become crystal clear he doesnt have what it takes to run with it.

I'd like to point yu int he direction of a file I have uploaded for you here. This shows cena from Smackdown this week. Do these forearm smashes look weak to you? I'd have to say that I do remember Stone Colds kicks missing 50% of the time' date=' and looking fake too. Is this something Cena should be aspiring towards in your eyes?[/quote']

Yes, the forearms look crap, forearms always do, see RVD, they look like crap. But, this is just one clip. I have seen all of Cena's WWE matches, I dont need one specific clip to show me his moves look weak. As for Austins kicks, they did suck alot of the time, but his punches and brawling certainly looked 100 times better than Cenas. Its a known fact Austin works stiff, I can tell by watching that Cena works light, and it looks like crap.

Why thank you' date=' it is nice to know that you think so highly of yourself compared to me. Perhaps you should be nicknamed Steve Austin and I John Cena?[/quote']

Maybe you should stick to being called Ric Flair and I'll be Hulk Hogan, we all know how Hogan always went over Flair :xyx ;)

I agree. I never once said that brawlers couldn't have top quality matches. I said that they aren't likely to have top quality matches. I understand that Bret hart vs Steve Austin was a classic bout from WrestleMania 13' date=' but was Austin carried? Perhaps, perhaps not. Depends who you ask. Again, The Rock vs Steve Austin was a classic bouth whenever they faced each other. But 99% of all matches? A bit high is it not? In fact lets have you prove it. Ninety nine out of 100 matches I'd like to see top quality please.[/quote']

I cant name 100 Steve Austin matches off the top of my head, but at the same time, I cant name one single bad one, can you? He had great matches with Rock, HHH, Foley, Taker, Rikishi, Angle...even his match with HBK when HBK could barely move was half decent...I think the only one that I remember being subpar was vs Y2J when he dropped the WWF title to him in December 2001. Even vs Scott Hall, when Austin didnt even want to be there, was an alright match.

The majority of Austins matches were always top notch, no matter how piss poor his opponent was (Kane being a prime example).

As for Bret carrying Austin, nah, not a chance IMO. Austin doesnt need to be carried, he never did in WCW, ECW or the WWF/WWE.

Cena's matches are not always of top quality' date=' but how do they stink? A match is built up of hype, expectation, performance and crowd participation. Stevie Richards vs Val venis would stink in general, due to the poor hype, expectation and crowd participation. However, Cena's WWE Title match did not stink at WrestleMania. It was short which hurt its expectation rating, yet the actual match was good and entertaining. The crowd were quite into the match and the hype was certainly there.[/quote']

His match with JBL stank, it was a pure crapfest. How long was it? 8 minutes or something? And he beat JBL with one lousy weak looking FU. Utter crap. You may think it was entertaining, and thats good for you, if people enjoyed it, good for them. I didnt, nor did the majority of people who I have read there feedback they posted for the match. It was a huge letdown, that is the general consensus. However, what more could have been expected? Cena never has good matches, anybody expecting anything more than they got were opening themselves up for disappointment.

No thanks. I'd like to let you know that' date=' in my opinion (Remember that word ;) ) Orton, Batista and Carlito shouldn't be on that list.[/quote']

Fair enough, thats you're opinion and you're entitled to it, but from where I sit, CCC certainly needs to be carried, Orton gets lost in the ring all the time (he blew like 4 spots in his deal with Taker, and you only had to look at Takers face to see he was pissed off about it). And Batista, while much improved and getting better still, he is still very green and needs to be carried to have a long and decent match. You watch, if they stick him in the ring with other green workers, matches will be short to cover up his weaknesses.

Again, fact and opinion. Fact is not Cena not being able to have an acceptable match, he has them all the time. Therefore, by conluding your very opinionated post in that way, it can be gathered that a) you dislike John Cena, b) you do not understand the difference between fact and opinion and c) your opinion of what is an acceptable match coupled with the fact you gave no reasons as to why you think John Cena is a bad wrestler is not the same as an average wrestling fan. You are a Cena-basher, for no other reason than you no doubt disliked HHH during the HHH bashing era.

Richard Flair

I'm not a Cena basher, I simply dislike him. I dislike Shannon Moore too, and Orlando Jordan, so I guess I'm a Moore/Jordan basher too, right? If we go by you're logic, if anybody who is a wrestling fan doesnt like a certain wrestler, they are a basher of that wrestler. I didnt realise that these days, we couldnt simply dislike a wrestler and state our opinions for why we dislike them without being branded a 'basher'.

As for HHH, I dont agree with his methods on staying on top when its clearly evident its hurting business, but thats another matter for another time.

Guest johnny knoxvill

Anxiously waits for Richard Flairs post

P>S> That a bit rich Belty saying that Cenas FU is weak when your God Hogan uses a Big Boot and Leg Drop to finish opponents>

Its all about opinion BROTHER!

Guest The Beltster
Anxiously waits for Richard Flairs post

P>S> That a bit rich Belty saying that Cenas FU is weak when your God Hogan uses a Big Boot and Leg Drop to finish opponents>

Its all about opinion BROTHER!

I'm not saying Hogans legdrop doesnt look weak, I'm not saying Hogans legdrop isnt a crappy finisher. It is a crappy finisher, but thats not the point here.

Cena's FU looks pathetic, it looks weak, and if we are going on kayfabe terms here, how is it anymore damaging than a suplex or a bodyslam? Its not! Its terrible, he does it very badly.

Guest Richard Flair
You can count the matches with Booker T as good if you consider them good' date=' I dont. As a matter of fact, barring only one of them (I dont remember which) the other 4 sucked, they were complete crap. His match with Brock Lesnar was also pitiful, it was rubbish, probably Brocks worst match as champion, and thats including his matches with the Big Show (which, being fair, were pretty good).[/quote']

It is becoming ever more apparent that you are extemely opinionated on John Cena. No one can have such a bias opinion of a wrestler. May I refer you to Smackdown on the 5th of February 2004. John Cena & Eddie Guerrero vs. Kurt Angle & Brock Lesnar. All four men are fantastic atheletes who put on, without a shadow of a doubt, one of the best matches Smackdown saw that year. Not once did I see any sign of John cena being carried as it was said that he was, alongside Eddie Guerrero, the star of the match. Furthermore, Cena's impressive talent shone through when his feud with Kurt Angle escalated to new heights. Later on, at WrestleMania XX, he and of all people, the Big Show, put on a great US Title match to open the show. I still remember being impressed by the whole feel to the match. If you can say that the Big Show carried John cena to the end of that match then you will show how much of a wrestling fan you truly are.

BUT' date=' even if all 6 of those matches were 5-star (which they were not) thats 6 matches in several years that can be classed as good! Thats terrible![/quote']

A five minute reply brins out six matches. Off the top of my head too, not bad. See above for two more.

OVW isnt being talked about here

Why not?

thus the reason I said his WWE career. He was ALOT better in OVW' date=' but now he has become lazy because he is so over and seemingly thinks that because he is over, he doesnt have to try and improve his in-ring skills.[/quote']

So you are saying that because he was called up to the big leagues he stopped trying to impress and ose to the WWE Championship by sitting on his arse and letting other people carry him through matches? <sarcasm> Boy you are a genius!</sarcasm>

Dont be so stupid man! If he was the worst worker alive' date=' he wouldnt be in WWE?! LOL So why is Heidenreich in WWE? I suppose he is a good wrestler, right? How about Chris Masters? Why is he there? Going back in time, why did Giant Gonzales have a job? You dont have to have ANY talent to be in WWE, and the guys I mentioned are proof of that![/quote']

Heideneich has a talent of the mouth. He can talk his way to the ring. He is a tall, strong man which, according to internet rumours, is what Vince McMahon likes. Chris Masters has had two matches on Raw and several dark matches with a recent one on heat this week. In two matches that I have seen, he has not been carried. He is unproven. Giant Gonzales I have never seen therefore I cannot comment. However, if I have no wrestling alent, then can I be int he WWE? Do the WWE walk down the local shopping centre and ask randoms to be in he WWE? Of couse not you stupid boy. They go to talent centres, wrestling schools and other smaller promotions to scout the best talent as a whole, not just wrestling ability.

Yes' date=' and its a FACT that Cena needs to be carried by better workers to have good matches.[/quote']

I have taken the liberty of researching an English exercise for you. Simply but F or O in the line provided to mark Fact or Opinion. It can be located as the following address: http://www.education-world.com/a_lesson/TM/WS_MLK_248a.shtml. Please forward me your answers and I shall correct them for you.

Its insulting to make out that John Cena is on Austins level in any way' date=' or comparable to him in wrestling styles and/or talent. Austins brawling looked believable and was exciting, Cenas doesnt and isnt.[/quote']

So Austin excites you whereas Cena doesn't. So Austin, a twenty five or so year veteran of the business is somewhere that someone less than ten years into the business can never be? Sorry, you're just plain wrong. I can become an accounant one day, I gotta work for it. You can become an English teacher, you'd just have to work fo it. We can all do what may seem to be the impossible, yet then again we can all do things we are destined to do. I was destined to be a radio presenter as I was told many times in my childhood and I am now doing so. I could say what you were destined to be but that would be insulting to you. I have moe respect than that. But Cena is destined to be a good wrestler who can work a crowd in the way that Austin/The Rock can, he needs the oppertunities and places to shine. He is well on his way as WWE Champion, someone that takes on the responsibility to carry others in a match, just like Randy Orton.

What I dont like' date=' is his in-ring work, or his face mic work. I think his in-ring skills are extremely poor and his face mic work is made up soley of gay and turd jokes.[/quote']

Would you like me to prove you wrong? I have a clip waiting to be uploaded should you require it.

I can guarentee you this' date=' John Cena does not have what it takes to be a headliner, not in his current character. He will bomb and JBL (or somebody else) will have the WWE title pretty soon. Cena will be like the Ultimate Warrior, I expect. The fans love him while he is chasing the belt, but once he in champion, it will become crystal clear he doesnt have what it takes to run with it.[/quote']

What makes you so sure? Is it that you are so anti-Cena that you cannot contemplate it or are so stubborn that someone else may be right? Or on a copletely different note, you may just not understand talent. Is this a fact or opinion?

Maybe you should stick to being called Ric Flair and I'll be Hulk Hogan' date=' we all know how Hogan always went over Flair :xyx ;) [/quote']

No thanks, my name is Richard Flair, not Ric Flair, nor do I profess to be anything like Ric Flair. Furthermore I do not use the phrase "whooo" anywhere in my posts.

The majority of Austins matches were always top notch' date=' no matter how piss poor his opponent was (Kane being a prime example).[/quote']

Far from the 99% you suggested earlier. Majority means 51%+. Not necessarily 99% anymore.

His match with JBL stank' date=' it was a pure crapfest. How long was it? 8 minutes or something? And he beat JBL with one lousy weak looking FU. Utter crap. You may think it was entertaining, and thats good for you, if people enjoyed it, good for them. I didnt, nor did the majority of people who I have read there feedback they posted for the match. It was a huge letdown, that is the general consensus. However, what more could have been expected? [/quote']

A WWE Title match to be given more than 15 minutes. They spent almost 40 minutes on the Main Event, and this one was cut short unfairly. If it was longer, it would have been a much better match. I am not defending Cena, nor am I defending JBL, it is simply true that both men would have put on a much better quality match if it was longer.

Cena never has good matches' date=' anybody expecting anything more than they got were opening themselves up for disappointment.[/quote']

Again, your own opinion. Like I said at the top of this post, his tag team match was fantastic. He can have a great match without being carried. I'll look some more out for you later.

I'm not a Cena basher' date=' I simply dislike him. I dislike Shannon Moore too, and Orlando Jordan, so I guess I'm a Moore/Jordan basher too, right? If we go by you're logic, if anybody who is a wrestling fan doesnt like a certain wrestler, they are a basher of that wrestler. I didnt realise that these days, we couldnt simply dislike a wrestler and state our opinions for why we dislike them without being branded a 'basher'.[/quote']

No, you dislike Cena and you are bashing Cena, hence making you a Cena basher. Unwelcomed and unfair criticising of a wrestler is known as bashing which I find wholely unfair on someone that works so hard in a professional industry to entertain us and you criticise something that you couldn't do yourself. That is bashing and that is why I am showing you where you are going wrong.

Richard Flair

Can i just say that I agree with Beltmark on everything and Knoxvill and Richard Flair, you are just being pathetic, as a heel i do like John Cena, he is very entertaining, as is Carlito and Kurt, but u can't compare Austin and Cena in the terms of brawling because Austin beats Cena in every part of brawling.

Also Stone Cold has had great matches with Taker, Rock, Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Owen Hart, HHH, Foley and Kane just like Beltmark has said. Cena hasn't had many, and cena does get carried most of the time if not all the time.

Also i can see the point Beltmark is making on John Cena in OVW compared to here, he isn't good in the ring here at WWE, i didn't see him in OVW but he must of been better than he is here because he got a job here.

The only thing i disagree about from Beltmark's psot is that I belive Orton and Carlito don't get carried in their matches, well carlito does at the moment but won't when he has wrestled someone different than Cena, his match with Mysterio was good though here in England. Orton has great matches with Taker at Mania, Foley, Edge, HHH and Chris Benoit.

But overall a very good post and i agree 100% with what he is saying, and at least he can agree that is main man (Hogan) has a crap finisher.

Austin Vs. Cena would be the match i'd most prefer' date=' because of they're similar styles.[/quote']

I agree, and the crowd will suit it better, Hogan vs. Cena would just be all Hogan so it won't equal out.