Fan Clubs Network

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

The Big WWE Summertime Release Thread ***ONLY POST RELEASE RELATED MATERIAL IN HERE**

Naitch

* Mark Jindrak

* Maven

* Shannon Moore

* James Yun (Akio)

* David Heath

* Billy Kidman

Meh, aside from Akio, who they were using horribly anyway, none of those releases bother me at all. I am surprised that Mr Torrie Wilson was released though.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Beltster

Shame about Maven, I really think he had great charisma, its a shame they didnt put it to better use, he could have been somebody.

Not sad to see Gangrel go though, he always sucked...ohhh...pun.

Guest Edgehead
Kidman was good and Maven IMO had the potential to be the next Rock, he had the right look & the right physique. Guess Vince doesn't think so

Yes, I am happy to see that Moore and Akio will finally go where they belong, TNA. seeing matchez like Yang-Daniles will be great.

Maven, shocked it didn't happen sooner. Jindrack, the same. Kidman, ever since they Shooting Star Knee Drop I knew his days were numbered.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Not Maven!? He's the future WWE Champ!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I honestly thought if WWE gave him a kick-ass finisher he'd be up there in the high midcard. His work outside the ring is excellent and has alot of potential... this sucks.

Kidman and Jindrak are surprises but the rest are pretty predictable.

Guest TezzRexx
Kidman and MaVen?! that makes no sence at all. I thought Jindark was going to have another shot. They didn't even try with the "reflection of perfection" gimmick. Then again, it has been done a 100 times.

Guest Ravenmark

* Mark Jindrak

Good athlete, had some raw charisma - but then that could be said about half the WWE roster and Many MANY indy guys.

* Maven

I like Maven, I think he had good heel charisma and was a good bump guy. It's WWE's own fault with Maven - he's been on the main roster for 4 or 5 years now and he's only been a professional for that long! He should have been sent down to OVW after a few TV matches. Then he could have turned out as well as John Hennigan. (Johnny Nitro)

* Shannon Moore

Great worker, no charisma.

* James Yun (Akio)

See Shannon Moore.

* David Heath

WWE isn't about gimmicks anymore and that's all he is: An average worker with a colourful gimmick.

* Billy Kidman

Can be a great worker (he had a really good match with Paul London on the Smackdown Summer Bash tour in Manc) and has pretty good charisma. I was especially suprised because of Torrie.

Guest chris197337

I thought Kidman and Torrie Wilson had split up?

I am disapointed to see Shannon Moore leave myself but they haven't given him anything. I thought he had already been released to be honest as he hasn't been on TV for a while. I am not sure about him having no charisma though, I think he didn't get the chance to show it.

I though Maven had come on well since putting on his bulk, like the dude said above; I don't think they really knew what to do with the first lot of Tough Enough guys which led to their not being used and developed well. The other WCW guys there never got a shot either, I guess it is only a surprise that they stayed for so long, talent hoarding I feel.

Guest Dutt
I am surprised that Mr Torrie Wilson was released though.

Now we wait for Mrs Torrie Wilson to either quit or get fired. I mean she's been naked already, what use is she now :? (apart from being a horrifically annoying announcer)

spike dudley and kevin fertig (mordecai) have also been released

credit: wwe.com

Dear God..what are they doing?!!

...these are actually shocking releases.

..I mean did I miss out on the Maven/Kidman/Torrie love triangle and Spike throwing paint over Vinces new Hummer?!!!..

In all seriousness Spike was a decent cruiser and certainly must be confused in why he's been released.

Edited by JC

Guest Anime Otaku
They have to pay for the diva contest some how you know :P

Nail. Head. Hit.

This really sucks alot of good CW guys have gone now and it really does come down to the stupid Bunny Search having a huge prize.

Mark Jindrak - Has good skills on the mic and in the ring but for me lacked something that would make him stand out. If he continues with pro wrestling I'm sure he'll end up with the WWE again.

Maven - Maven is a good all rounder who I thought could make it up the ranks, and think still can. I think he'd be a great assest to a TNA show.

Shannon Moore - No suprise here at all, WWE have never used him correctly since day one, and I can only think that Shannon will be able to make the same money he's on working independants across the US & Japan. Again he would make a superb addition to a TNA show

James Yun (Akio) See the same for Shannon

David Heath (Gangrel) - Never minded him at all, character was good and uin ring skills were basic, but he could get over with the fans. Again he'll end up on the independants

Billy Kidman - One of the more shocking releases to be honest with you, a great worker in my book, and one of teh bes Cruiserweight's WWE have, I guess WWE don't care about that division anymore. If anyone would be a great addition to TNA Billy Kidman woul be, the possibility of matches he could have are endless, really hope TNA have the sense to sign him. Again I suppose he could make enough money with independant dates and a possibe TNA contract.

Spike Dudley - Suprised in a sense, but thinking about it, WWE haven't used Spike very well for a number of years now. They don't even know what to do with the Dudley Boys nevermind Spike, so I guess it makes sense.

Kevin Fertig- Not really too fussed about this release.

WWE will be losing approx $10 million this year with the new TV deal with the USA Network, I would probably expect a few more cut backs down the line.

Guest vortigern

Billy Kidman- laid his body on the line night after night for the company and never had a bad match,despite this they never did anything with him and jobbed him most times.I wonder how Torrie feels about this?

Akio-WWE never treats japanese wrestlers properley anyway unless your Mr Fuji

Gangrel-ok not the greatest in the ring but a very good character sorta Kevin Sullivan for the next generation,would have been useful in many different angles

Mark Jindrak-I woulda thought he`d have stayed,i had the impression either Lauriantis or Mcmahon liked him,to me a poor mans Barry Windham

Maven-Another real shame as he has tried real hard,he coulda been the next D.lo Brown and i am here refering to D.lo`s WWE glory days.

Shannon Moore-Has the talent and the time on his side to bounce back,misused and mismanaged

Kevin Fertig-i thought he was being repackaged though i did hear he had a large attitude problem,TNA bound definetley

Spike Dudley-I really dont know what else they could have done with him anyway,he`s done the jobber role to death,maybe a change of identity?

Guest benz19
* Mark Jindrak

* Maven

* Shannon Moore

* James Yun (Akio)

* David Heath

* Billy Kidman

Meh, aside from Akio, who they were using horribly anyway, none of those releases bother me at all. I am surprised that Mr Torrie Wilson was released though.

were the hell do you find this stuff about

Guest Anime Otaku

usually its on the WWE website.

BTW Spike going kinda hurts the idea of ECW coming back