How did you get into wrestling ?

JobberJoe

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Danny Styles
it was in 2000 when it first caught my eye.. i was 10.. samckdown was always on 10am sky one on saturdays.. i just watched abit and got into it.. but my mum discouraged it so only watched a little.. untill invasion time 2001.. when i fully got into it.. i haven't been the same since :P

First glimpse of wrestling was when I was about 10, went my cousins. He was watching a show and Taker was doing his Ring Entrance, scared the hell out of me :( I borrowed RR 99 of him and thats what got me into wrestling, really.

My grandmother was into British wrestling when I was younger, watching Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks (amongst others).

Then I went to a friend's house and they had "American Wrestling" on cable, the guys bled, they were much more physical and fitter than the British guys, so I was a little more intruiged.

Fast forward a few years of not seeing any and the house I moved into we got Cable - while home ill I watched some WWE and got hooked.

After that I watched WCW as well when I could, and then when Bravo in the UK showed ECW, I watched that.

Guest ahsatan

I watched it years ago, but wasn't really a fan as such. Then after years of not watching it, I got with wyndorf and had it rammed down my throat.

Stop that. :P

Guest 2 hottie
when i was 6 or 7 my mum got me into it and then i started watching wcw on tnt then i got into wwe and i have never been the same since

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
I was just comming up for 6 and it was my older brother got me into it, he'd heard all about this American Wrestling in the 80's and then for the first time it came on British TV and we watched it (Saturday Nights Main Event in September 1989)

I cant remember originally how I started watching wrestling as a kid, it was just one of those things everybody watched, then I "grew out of it". Channel surfing 8 years later caught a glimpse of Goldberg squashing Perry Saturn, and it looked so damn evolved and cool that I made a note to watch out for more programming. Watched the entire Nitro from the next week, and was literally addicted since.

Guest cenarules
I've been watching wrestling for as long as I can remember. My mom and dad watched it and that got me started. My interest has never really fizzled.

Guest daz2005
I was probably about 9 or 10 as it was about 1998 or 1999 the first things i can really remember were the ministry/kidnapping of steph angles, i watched it for about 3 years and then lost interest in 2001, i then started watching again in late 2003 / early 2004 which is when i became an 'internet fan' and got into it more deeply.

Guest Kanenite
I wasn't really a fan but I knew a few characters names as my cousin liked it. So when I started my high school, there was this so called friend that really liked it and me and a few others with him, were all playing Wrestling on the grass. He invited me to his party and we all sat and watched Rock vs Hogan at Wrestlemania X-8, I was amazed! I couldn't believe that it was so good, so I started taping the RAW shows and I got to enjoy it more and more. Then I got into Smackdown and it all just grew from there, it was a truly awesome experience. I will never forget my first few Wrestling shows. So I got fully into it by April 2002.

Guest the HiTman

I was 17. I watched the episode when HHH 'married' Steph in the car and was chuckling to my self at how silly I was watching it. I then watched it a couple more times when nothing else was on finding myself more intigued every time I watched it.

My cuz was seriously into wrestling as a kid - he watched from around the mid 80's until '92ish. He was happy to get back into it when I invited him round mine to watch.

Then came Royal Rumble 2000 - my first PPV HHH v Cactus Jack, and from that moment onwards I was hooked until just after the Invasion PPV when we got rid of Sky.

Reconnected to Sky back in 2003 and gradually started watching again. I missed the whole Brock Lesnar period and the first episode I watched properly Bradshaw was JBL - just to give an idea of when I watched again.

I am now awaiting another Boom period..... .... ..... ........ .... ... .

Guest Anime Otaku
probably about late 80's or in 90/91 as I went to the wrestling in the SECC for the 90 and 91 tours. I also watched the british wrestling before that even, Giant Haystacks > Hogan

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity