Wrestling

Undertaker's best match

Guest eoin cork

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jimi kane
I totally agree. The match with HHH, Wrestlemania I think, where HHH hits him with the sledge when he goes for the last ride. That was awsome too.

Guest carlito is cool
The Undertaker vs. Hulk Hogan for the title at Survivor Series 1991

That match was dire but not as bad as their effort the following tuesday at the tuesday in texas special event where Hulk won the title back, that match sucked major ass.

The taker hasn't really had any great matches that stand out, I find him boring to be honest, Foley and HBK carried him to watchable matches.

Taker has had great matches, Bret Hart at Summerslam 1997 and One Night Only, Shawn Michaels at Ground Zero and Badd Blood to name a few. I'd have to go with the Hell in a Cell with HBK, one of the best matches of all time for me.

His old ones when he was still in the original Undertaker gimmick rather than the horribly tainted versions that have been in recent years - at the time I was a bit of a Taker Mark - pity that I now know that he can't work a lick. :P

Takers best match in terms of wrestling- Vs Bret Hart at summerslam 97 or Vs Steve Austin at summerslam 98.

Takers best match in terms of a brawl/gimmick match- Vs Mankind KOTR98 or Vs HHH WM X-7

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Taker verse Mankind in Hell In The Cell was the best match ever, I know it was Mick who took the bumps but Taker did have a broken ankle so he suffered for the match too :P

Taker vs. Mankind is a horrible match, hell Foley himself said he fears for the sanity of people who come up to him and call it the best match they ever saw. Foley killing himself does not mean it was a great match.

As for Undertaker, he is SO much better than people actually give him credit for. A lot of people seem to look at his work pre 1996, when he was working with some horrible opponents and label him as horrible, but his work post 1996 once he started working with decent opponents is actually really good. As mentioned, the Hell in the Cell match with Michaels is one big long, great squash match with Taker being the baddest mother****er on the planet beating the piss out of the guy the fans wanted to see get his ass kicked. He also had great matches with Bret Hart. In the last few years he had a really good match with Flair, good matches with RVD, a really good Cell match with Lesnar and I remember a great match he had with Kurt Angle on SD when he was the Champion. He has managed to carry people like John Cena and Randy Orton to good matches. Hell the guy had a decent match with Heidenreich. Sure, maybe once in a while he should start putting younger guys over and sure sometimes he has a tendency to not be 'feeling it', but he is still a good worker who is capable of having good matches.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Taker vs. Mankind is a horrible match' date=' hell Foley himself said he fears for the sanity of people who come up to him and call it the best match they ever saw. Foley killing himself does not mean it was a great match.[/quote']

Well I have an excuse for that... my sanity is all gone :P

I think I loved ir so much becuase i;d never seen anyone almost kill themselfs the way Foley did and I like that sort of match, brutal ones :lol

I do agree with what you said about Taker tho, he is a better wretsler then he is sometimes given cred for, but he is not as good as he used to be now and has gone down alot in these latter years

Taker verse Mankind in Hell In The Cell was the best match ever' date=' I know it was Mick who took the bumps but Taker did have a broken ankle so he suffered for the match too :P[/quote']

That match sucked man, if it wasn't for Taker that match would have ended right after Foley was chokeslamed through the Cell.

Taker saved that match from sucking even more.

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity