Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

Todd Grisham proves how amazing he is concerning TNA on Byte This.

Guest Rog

Todd Grisham proves how not amazing he is concerning TNA on Byte This.

PWInsider.com wrote

"Jason Head sent word that at the 51:08 minute mark on last night's edition of Byte This, a caller, at the end of his call, said "TNA is better than WWE." Todd Grisham responded, "Then why are you calling our show, retard? Call TNA's show ... if they have one ... which I doubt. I think it airs, uh, Sunday night ... at 4am ... in Japan." Wow, that was pretty uncalled for. I just listened and it's still in the archive.

After we posted on the site that the Byte This archive had a spot where Todd Grisham went off on a fan who said that TNA was better than WWE, WWE.com has edited the Byte This feed and now has a commercial for the Batista-Melina angle in its place. It only took a half hour for them to do so after we posted the item on it."

:lol Wow someone struck a nerve, way to be mature there Todd

Edited by Rog

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I also read this before, went to check it out but it was edited already.

But yeah, it looks like Todd got mad, now let's make a TWO group and do that on every Byte This. :P

Guest MartynJ

I actualy watched Byte This and i can remember it, it wasnt that bad it was more funny "Then why are you calling our show, retard?" and then he just hung up on the guy

I didnt know it had been edited though, TNA has been mentioned a few times in the past month or so

I was just waiting for the phonecall to simon dean about his character Nova though even though it was a crap responce

Best episode so far was the Heyman/Dreamer show earlier on in the year

Good for Grisham. I thought it was very quick and clever :). He had every right to defend his product :)

But thats the problem, he didnt defend it, he instead launched a playground tantrum. WWE is million bilion times better than silly TNA!!!:roll

I think Grisham's comments were smart and very true when he said "Call the TNA show, if they have one" or something like that. It's funny, how many web shows does TNA have again? Hell, they have one 1-hour show and 1-PPV a month. That TNA fan has some balls to state that TNA is better than WWE, but having balls doesn't make him right.

But thats the problem' date=' he didnt defend it, he instead launched a playground tantrum. WWE is million bilion times better than silly TNA!!!:roll[/quote']

Might not be better (arguable) but it's still a million times bigger, and Grisham can say what he wants about TNA. He was put on the spot and made a good comment to blow it over. I'm very impressed.

Lord knows, TNA doesn't take shots at the WWE OHWAITIFORGOTITACTUALLYDOES :roll

Why is he an idiot? It kind of defeats the purpose of the show if there are taboos on what can be said. Otherwise its just a Nazi-esque propoganda circuit.

I think Grisham's comments were smart and very true when he said "Call the TNA show' date=' if they have one" or something like that. It's funny, how many web shows does TNA have again? Hell, they have one 1-hour show and 1-PPV a month. That TNA fan has some balls to state that TNA is better than WWE, but having balls doesn't make him right.[/quote']

And the sad thing is that with a 1 hour program each week and 1 PPV each month they still are miles better than WWE at producing good PPV's.

Sad indeed for Vince and his WWE.

I wouldn't say so much production, as they have a good one. But buyrates I agree, but it's not because WWE are delivering a good product, but IMO it's because they have their marks that the only wrestling company the know is WWE.

Wrestling wise they're better. Production' date=' distribution and buyrate wise (where it matters), TNA are a long way off.[/quote']

Exactly, anyone can see that TNA are smaller than WWE but its like comparing a genius kid to a slow witted adult and if it keeps growing.....

I wouldn't say so much production' date=' as they have a good one. But buyrates I agree, but it's not because WWE are delivering a good product, but IMO it's because they have their marks that the only wrestling company the know is WWE.[/quote']

Production in the WWE is FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR superior. You can tell the differences a mile off.

Exactly' date=' anyone can see that TNA are smaller than WWE but its like comparing a genius kid to a slow witted adult and if it keeps growing.....[/quote']

I'll agree until the Royal Rumble, then you're on your own.

Wrestling wise they're better. Production' date=' distribution and buyrate wise (where it matters), TNA are a long way off.[/quote']

I wouldn't say production either, maybe WWE are better, but certainly not a long way off by any means. TNA's production values are pretty good, I actually think in some areas they are alot better than the WWE.

Back on the subject of Todd's response, it probably wasn't the best response, because now more TNA fans will telephone into the show and do exactly the same thing as this week just to get the reaction out of Todd.

I don't really think he's response was quick or clever, if he was being clever about it, he would he be mature, but hey, no big deal.

TNA have instand replay, entrance videos, entrance music, stage pyro, individual trademark pyro for wrestlers, video packges for wrestlers and for matches, backstage interview sets and PPV match graphics. Thats pretty much everything you need production wise. The camerawork is usually always good and theres never really anything noticably wrong with the production.

As for Todds response, anyone could call someone a retard, that to me isnt very quick or clever.

Grisham once fielded a question about TNA on Byte This, and replied that he enjoyed watching the shows and thought they had a good product, but that they weren't near the level of the WWE yet.

To me, it's just another example of how some TNA fans seem unable to grasp the concept of liking two companies, rather than supporting one and bashing the other.

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity