Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

*** Official Raw Discussion Thread - 2nd January 2006 ***

Kam

Preview:

A McMahon-made RAW

January 2, 2006

With Mr. McMahon still interviewing for the next General Manager of RAW, he took it upon himself to make a huge match based on last week’s events.

Last week on RAW, John Cena defeated Shelton Benjamin but was then unceremoniously attacked by Kurt Angle and Daivari. Seeing the brawl, Mr. McMahon ordered a match for this Monday between Angle and Cena. But it won’t just be a typical match – it’ll be a First Blood Match, which ensures that by its very nature things will get out of hand. Who will leave RAW wearing the crimson mask, and who will walk away victorious? Watch RAW (9/8 CT; USA) to find out.

Also, after his latest devastating loss, Shelton Benjamin received a call on his cell phone. Whoever was on the other end of the line will be coming to see Shelton at this week’s RAW. Who will it be, and can that person help Shelton get off the losing track?

And Shawn Michaels looked seriously concerned as RAW went off the air last week. He had just received a threat from Mr. McMahon, who took exception to HBK’s comments regarding the infamous “Montreal Incident” of 1997. What will HBK have to say this week, and is Mr. McMahon finished with Michaels? Tune in to RAW to find out.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Danny Styles

this should be a great show :roll

Cena is a long main event ruining Kurt Angle and beating a real wrestler..

Shelton's mama appearing

and another Vince ego trip...

they sure know what's good

Guest kiez33
maybe it's not Sheltons mum.....I hope. But then knowing WWE, it probably will be. Unless Charlie Haas isn't doing nothing this week.

Myabe I'm looking into this far too much, but for the last week or so at a number of Raw Huse shows Shelton has been teaming with Tatanka. Usually when workers team up on house shows its to see how they work as a team, maybe the plan is to have Shelton & Tatanka team up on RAW, but I think thats way out their really, its probably Shelton's Mamma.

All i want to see from this RAW is more build on storylines within the Elimination Chamber... or even have some start! That would be a good idea!

Maybe something along the lines of HBK & Kane vs Carlito & Masters or a combination in there in singles matches

At the moment, the only thing that may make me want to watch NYR is Triple H and Big Show

Angle v Cena should be a decent brawl, i'd expect Angle to pick up the win.

I sure hope they have'nt gone for your streotypical ig black woman as shelton Mum.

And god knows where they are going to take the whole Vince/Michaels thingy.

I read on Prowrestling.com that Jamal was gonna be backstage at RAW, but they can't confirm if he's gonna be involved in some way or just be backstage.

Guest MrFill
Angle v Cena should be a decent brawl' date=' i'd expect Angle to pick up the win. [/quote']

Erm, you do realise who he's fighting, right? :P

If everyone in the Chamber ganged up together, they might have a chance to beat Stone Cold John "Superman" Cena. :P

I sure hope they have'nt gone for your streotypical ig black woman as shelton Mum.

Do you HONESTLY believe the WWE won't go for the stereotypical black mama here?

Erm, you do realise who he's fighting, right? :P

If everyone in the Chamber ganged up together, they might have a chance to beat Stone Cold John "Superman" Cena. :P

Uhmm correction Fill, it's John ''Rambo, Superman, Robocop, Chuck Norris, Batman, James Bond, Hulk,Steve Austin'' Cena. :D

It's been said before' date=' Shelton said "I love you" to whoever it was on the phone, and unless Shelton is coming out of the closet, I expect it to be his mom or at least some sort of relation.[/quote']

His wife, Mae Young of course

SHOCKING NEWS:

I just got a call from Raw. The set up of the building at the Continental Airlines Arena tonight has the announcer's desk set up at ringside, instead of up on the stage where they have been calling the show. There are three chairs set up at ringside instead. It looks as if they may change the location where the announcers call the show starting tonight.

PWInsider.com

Ok, SHOCKING NEWS was only a half-truth.

Guest Dave7g
SHOCKING NEWS:

PWInsider.com

Ok, SHOCKING NEWS was only a half-truth.

Holy Sh*t!

Maybe Sheltons Momma gets to call the show for the whole two hours!!

Dear God, Sheltons Momma made her debut. I really and I mean really feel sorry for Shelton.

And how insulting is for Victoria a girl that can actually wrestle, be stick in a Bra and Panties match with 4 other bimbos.

Awesome RAW.

It did a great NYR sell-job, with Michaels coming off as the underdog, Angle and Cena having their beef, and Masters looking strong, even if he still sucks big giant balls.

Chad Kroeger.. I mean, Edge imitating Flair was absolutely genius. The road rage video was hilarious, especially the figure four on the highway. It's a shame they haven't let Flair talk more, but Edge has more than done enough. I'm REALLY looking forward to this match now.

Ditto Harley Hearst Helmsley/Big Show. Simple feud, a nice change of pace, and it made Show look a lot stronger than he did last week. The playing of the wrong video was hilarious, but Trips covered it well. Say what you will, and we usually do, but Trips is a pro. Uncharacteristically good promo from him.

The whole Mickie James/Trish thing is interesting. I really think Trish is gonna do the turn rather than Mickie. She still has a face made to be beaten, but Mickie is a good stalker/crazed fan and Trish is carrying her part adequately.

More Maria = Happy Dra. Not an awful match, Maria worked hard to do a sell job, and Ashley looked damn good on attack, I didn't even think it was her. Major mark out for the Chloe ass kiss.

Helms is not as good on the microphone as I thought. That sucks. BUT... Lawler is a decent worker still, and Helms is far superior in the ring to Hassan, so this match should be far better than last years.

Great work on the Elimination Chamber videos. They hammered the point home perfectly.

Sheltons mom should have been Whoopi Goldberg. They have no excuses on this one.

As useless as Masters is, his finisher is getting over. That's good - they need more finishers to be protected like that.

Cena/Angle was good, as always. Overbooked ending, but it was necessary to sell the PPV. The rap from Cena was good, but the sooner he turns heel, the better. They can't hide his boos anymore, even though the promo did get more cheers as it went along.

Good show. Very impressed. Bring on NYR.

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity