Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

*** Official Smackdown Discussion Thread - 6th January 2006 ***

Kam

Preview:

Will the Animal seek revenge?

January 6, 2006

Mark Henry made a shocking return to SmackDown and decimated the World Heavyweight Champion. Attacking him from behind, Henry hoisted Batista up with ease and sent him crashing to the mat with the World’s Strongest Slam. The attack cost Batista & Rey Mysterio the WWE Tag Team Championship. To make matters even worse, Melina is suing Batista for sexual harassment. How will the Animal react to all of the controversy? Will he be out to exact revenge? Tune in to Friday Night SmackDown to find out.

Plus, The Boogeyman interrupted JBL’s match against Matt Hardy last week. JBL and his image consultant Jillian were so frightened by the bizarre Boogeyman that they retreated through the crowd to get away. Will Mr. SmackDown have anything to say about last week’s events?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HulkFearsAustin
Another thrilling edition of Smackdown coming up I see:roll

There isnt even any matches announced yet :roll

Guest Danny Styles
As long as there is some good matches.. Smackdown always consistenstly produces good solid shows with good solid matches.. that's why i like it... it's better than Raw becasue it doesn't have long HHH promos, a Vince McMahon, and a Cena

Guest Thirteen
As long as there is some good matches.. Smackdown always consistenstly produces good solid shows with good solid matches.. that's why i like it... it's better than Raw becasue it doesn't have long HHH promos' date=' a Vince McMahon, and a Cena[/quote']

No it has a JBL, a Mark Henry, a Boogeyman and Batista as champ.

Great.:roll

Guest Danny Styles
No it has a JBL, a Mark Henry, a Boogeyman and Batista as champ.

Great.:roll

yuh Batista as champ is great compared to Cena.. he has improved loads.. STILL over with the fans.. can work a match.. and is better than Cena

Mark Henry has only been back 1 week and will probably last one month

JBL is alright with me... his promos aren't as long as HHH's and he delivers them with aggression.. he is good in ring and is entertaining

and WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE BOOGEYMAN!!

Guest HulkFearsAustin
Last weeks Smackdown was awful. Far too much wrestling on the show. Hopefully this week there is an improvement.

Guest Danny Styles
Last weeks Smackdown was awful. Far too much wrestling on the show. Hopefully this week there is an improvement.

you do realise that WWE is a wrestling company right?? if you are looking for very little to no wrestling you want Raw...

Smackdown has wrestling and is better of for it

Guest HulkFearsAustin
you do realise that WWE is a wrestling company right?? if you are looking for very little to no wrestling you want Raw...

Smackdown has wrestling and is better of for it

WWE is sports-entertainment, wrestling is only half of what the show is about. Long matches on a weekly tv show = bad.

Guest Danny Styles
WWE is sports-entertainment' date=' wrestling is only half of what the show is about. Long matches on a weekly tv show = bad.[/quote']

nah dude.. wrestling is what the COMPANY should be about... it should be 60-40 in the favour of wrestling

Guest HulkFearsAustin
nah dude.. wrestling is what the COMPANY should be about... it should be 60-40 in the favour of wrestling

70-30 in favour of wrestling for PPVs. 80-20 in favour of angles and promos for weekly tv shows.

Guest Thirteen
yuh Batista as champ is great compared to Cena.. he has improved loads.. STILL over with the fans.. can work a match.. and is better than Cena

Mark Henry has only been back 1 week and will probably last one month

JBL is alright with me... his promos aren't as long as HHH's and he delivers them with aggression.. he is good in ring and is entertaining

and WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE BOOGEYMAN!!

JBL is sloppy in the ring and only has entertaining matches when he cheats to get a win. If you watch him in a straight match where the outcome is only determined by a pinfall from out wrestling the other, he can't pull it off. He struggles. And always has done even when he was known as Justin Hawk Bradshaw, had long hair, a rediculous moustache and was 'branding' people.

Batista is LIMITED like a mother in that squared circle and his mic work is just as bad. The one thing I will give him is he has a great look and his entrance is decent albeit a tad long. And if you can't see that obviously you don't look at wrestling objectively and shouldn't be taken seriously.

The boogeyman is a tired stereotypical gimmick that has been done time and time again and is completely tired.

It wouldn't be that bad if the guy could actually wrestle, but surprise, surprise, shock, horror!

He can't.

And it's not really fair to make comparrisons with RAW because raw for the last 4/5 years has been garbage and no self respecting person should make themselves feel better about their situation by comparing themselves to a lesser entity.

Edited by Thirteen

Guest Danny Styles
70-30 in favour of wrestling for PPVs. 80-20 in favour of angles and promos for weekly tv shows.

Hoff or friend of Hoff... sorry 'HulkFearsAustin'.. get over it.. WWE is a wrestling company and the shows should be in favour of wrestling.. look at crowds who are there live and read the reports.. they care most about WRESTLING.. they get bored during angles and segemnts.. especially if they tke over the show.. WRESTLING is what the show is about everything else is add ons

Guest Thirteen

For making that statement you have proven to be idiotic.

If you don't want to watch WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT, I suggest you watch Corrie or 'Enders mate.

Guest HulkFearsAustin
Hoff or friend of Hoff... sorry 'HulkFearsAustin'.. get over it.. WWE is a wrestling company and the shows should be in favour of wrestling.. look at crowds who are there live and read the reports.. they care most about WRESTLING.. they get bored during angles and segemnts.. especially if they tke over the show.. WRESTLING is what the show is about everything else is add ons

Actually the wrestling is secondary. Why would people want to pay for PPVs when you can long matches on free tv? TV shows are suppose to build up matches for the eventual blow off at the PPV.

Oh well, i know i (and most people) would rather watch an Austin promo over a Benoit match.

Guest Thirteen
Actually the wrestling is secondary. Why would people want to pay for PPVs when you can long matches on free tv? TV shows are suppose to be a build up matches for the eventually blow off at the PPV.

Oh well, i know i (and most people) would rather watch an Austin promo over a Benoit match.

Casual viewers right?

Guest Danny Styles

so you know most people then???.. you're like friggin Vince McMahon at the moment.. you think you know what people want!

except Hoff that is :D :D

Guest HulkFearsAustin
so you know most people then???

except Hoff that is :D

4 million other people that were watching back in the Attitude era.

Guest HulkFearsAustin
Yeah' date=' CASUAL viewers.[/quote']

And they turned of once it became shite when they starting focusing on wrestling.

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity